Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,833 members, 7,806,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) (46637 Views)

Teenager Kidnaps 4-Year-Old Girl In Katsina, Demands ₦70,000 Ransom (Photo) / N15m Ransom: One Bandit Released In Exchange For 27 Kaduna Students / Lady & Her Friends Storm The House Of Her Cheating Boyfriend To Destroy His Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by NwekeUG(m): 10:37am On Nov 24, 2022
Lady And Her Husband Kidnap And Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo)

Operatives of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested a man identified as Larry Adebayo Adewumi and his wife Okereke Olufunmilayo, with one Adebowale Sanni over their alleged involvement in the abduction and killing of a popular hotelier, Otunba Abayomi Ajayi Smith, the Director of Rolak Hotel Ijebu Ode, IGBERETV reports.

Otunba Ajayi Smith was kidnapped on the 28th of September 2020 at about 7:30 am, at Anifowose Estate igbeba, Ijebu Ode by some gunmen.

A statement released by the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, says on receiving the information about the kidnap, men of the anti-kidnapping unit were then mobilized to commence an investigation, but all efforts to get the victim out of captivity proved abortive, despite the fact that the victim's family paid a ransom of 15 million naira to the abductors.

''Since then, police operatives have not relent in their efforts to fish out those behind the devilish act. The efforts of the SP Taiwo Opadiran led team yielded positive result in September this year, when they got wind of plan by the hoodlums to strike again, this time, the wife and son of Otunba Ajayi Smith were their target.

The team, having got the intelligence report, embarked on technical surveillance for the suspects. Consequent upon which one of them was traced to Ikeji Arakeji in Osun state, where the 55 years old Adebowale Sanni was apprehended.

On interrogation, he confessed to have been on the trail of Yeye Olusola Roseline Ajayi, the wife of their earlier victim, Otunba Ajayi Smith in order to kidnap her, on the order of Larry Adebayo Adewumi the ring leader, whose wife Olufunmilayo happened to be an employee of Otunba Ajayi Smith.

He confessed further that it was Larry who described the location of the victim's hotel and his other business outfits to him with instruction that if they succeeded in kidnapping the woman and her son, the two of them must be killed after collecting ransome in order not to leave any trait, just as they did to her husband two years ago.

His confession led to the arrest of Larry's wife Olufunmilayo who was a manager at the victim's building materials shops.

Larry himself was arrested three days after, he initially denied having anything to do with the kidnap of Otunba Abayomi Ajayi Smith, but when he came into confrontation with Adebowale Sanni, his accomplice, he knew immediately that the game is up.''

Oyeyemi said preliminary investigation revealed that Larry who is an indigene of Ilesha Osun state used to be a fraudster before he moved to full-time kidnapping business.

''His modus operandi was to scout for a rich victim, after which he will mobilized the gang working for him to go after such person. He got full information about Otunba Ajayi Smith through his wife Olufunmilayo who was an employee of the man.

Further investigation revealed that Larry has two bank accounts where he used to keep money realized from his criminal activities.

In one of the accounts with number 0010913206 domicile in Bank, the sum of Thirty four million, nine hundred and fifty three thousand four hundred and fifty five naira (#34,953,455) was discovered there in, while he has the sum of four million five hundred and seventy six thousand eight hundred and forty six naira (#4,576,846) in another account with Bank.'' the statement further read

The Police spokesperson said a 2014 model Toyota Highlander was also recovered from him.

He added that the state Commissioner of Police, CP Lanre Bankole, who commended his men for painstakingly following the suspects until they were arrested, directed that other members of the gang should be hunted for and brought to book. He also directed that the arrested suspects be charged to court as soon as investigation is concluded.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ClVnfYytkgr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Candidlady: 10:39am On Nov 24, 2022
sad

men
Wicked beings
Ijust feel for the poor innocent wife. Her husband must have taken advantage of the fact that she works with the man to get informations from her.

Sad

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by immortalcrown(m): 10:40am On Nov 24, 2022
Dem no be Igbo? Okereke cannot be a woman's first or middle name in Igbo. Since her husband is a Yoruba man, Okereke is definitely her husband's name (her last name).

Hmm!

Crime has no justification anywhere. But I talk about tribe here because of how Nairalanders react to crime news that has Igbo in it.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Ammishaddai: 10:42am On Nov 24, 2022
The number of sick people in this country far outweighs the sane ones . undecided

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2022
God
This is too babaric shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by LILTJAY: 11:44am On Nov 24, 2022
okereke god punish you angry

9 Likes

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by temitope27(m): 11:57am On Nov 24, 2022
shocked
Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by waterpouroverfl: 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
Okay
Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by tooth4tooth: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
You kidnap your victim,they pay you huge sum of money in exchange for their lives,you still went ahead to kill them.

It I is better for some human beings to have come to this world as a donkey undecided

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Johnrake69: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
The next Nigerian President has alot of work to do in reorientation of the Psych of the average Nigerian and same time work on the economy.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Golan007: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
Collabo.

1 Like

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by JoshTim: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
Okereke God punish you o. You have denigrated our land with abominable acts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Robinmido(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
What a wicked world we are living in.

6 Likes

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Ekejoestar(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Afonjas are trying to outdo the fulanis in the kidnapping business!

But this wickedness is on another level, imagine killing someone after receiving ransom for his release.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by OneMillionBTC: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Humans can be wicked Sha. You kill husband, e no reach. You want to kill the wife and child. All for the money.

Watch your back oooo, this world isn't as friendly.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Mewhizzp(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
J
Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by millionboi(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Wicked ppl

3 Likes

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by NotKnown: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Na them o.

Spoiling the name of the nation.

Very greedy set of people.

Kidnapped the man, killed him then still want to kidnap and kill the wife and son? Haba.

See them. So ashamed of their identity that they had to insert an igbo name to taint another tribe. But when it comes to greed, wickedness, skull mining, rituals etc na them. You just can't miss it.

Shame, shame shame on them.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by purplekayc(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ammishaddai:
The number of sick people in this country far outweighs the same ones . undecided

The country herself is sick

7 Likes

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Coolgent(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Kidnapping their own brothers and blaming Fulani/Igbos.
Useless urchins!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by YoungLionken(m): 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
When a criminal ties the knot with a psychopath...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Isowopo: 12:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
A Skate coach residing in Lagos has recounted a chilling encounter of his kidnapped in Lagos, according to his own account, he was allegedly abducted and almost killed by some men disguised as transporters speaking Fulfulde, he narrated that he had just finished his training at a facility on the Island and then decided to board a bus from the link bridge to Iyana Oworo.

''As I got into a bus that called Iyana Oworo, I noticed that there was this weird smell in the bus. Anybody who has been involved in military training or self defense will know gases that knock people off. That was what it was. So I spat in my handkerchief and used it to cover my nose. In about five or then minutes, every other occupants were all asleep asides from the team members who had all brought out their nose masks to cover their nose.''

He said at this point, their leader who was in front looked back and when he noticed he wasn't asleep, he queried him. The victim said it was at this point he knew that the men were kidnappers. He said he appealed to the men to take his phone valued at N1.3 million, his ATM so they can empty his account as well as a big chain he had on his neck worth millions, but they refused.

''They said the only place I am going to come down is where they will dagger me and pieces me. Because they saw that I was shouting, they veered off the road and went to the place that leads to Adeniji Underbridge. It was pitch dark. They brought me out and started using knife, cutlass, different things on me. I am fortified. I am an african. So when they saw that the stabbing attempts, that the knife was not entering...about three of them held my neck, another two held my hand to the back, they put knife on my neck to try and slash my neck and slaughter me but it wasn't penetrating.

https:///39dnsmu6

1 Like

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by tydi(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
angry
Lock them up for life.
Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by brain54(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

men
Wicked beings
Ijust feel for the poor innocent wife. Her husband must have taken advantage of the fact that she works with the man to get informations from her.

Sad
Must you point fingers…?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Yugoslavia247(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

men
Wicked beings

Sad

Sometimes you don't need to comment your bias. How can you tell who influenced who. It's much more easier for a woman to influence her husband than for a man to influence his wife.

She gave them all details. A man that employed you and pays you. Most likely she steals from him while helping him in his business. But greed for more could not let her be. Now you blame the man.

May God not allow our children end up with hook up gals as wife.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by kingthreat(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
These days rich people have to be very careful about their workers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by chris4gold(m): 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
Hmmm, a partner in crime.

1 Like

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by MytyD: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Candidlady:
sad

men
Wicked beings

Sad
Why are u so fucking pathetic
How sure are u that it wasn't the woman that took advantage of the man
U wanted attention,well now u have it
Ugly fucking bafoon,talking like a fucking deraiged psycho,I'm just pitting the guy or girl that's gonna date or marry u
Idiot

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady & Her Husband Kidnap & Kill Her Boss After Collecting N15m Ransom (Photo) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Adebayo and Okereke, how does this make sense? Name checkers from the east are very disappointed. Okereke from Imo state has teamed with her skull mining husband from Ogun, too bad.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How A Guy Was Almost Kidnapped This Morning For Rituals / Doctor Owen Edo-Ojo Stabbed & Shot By A Drunk Navy Officer In Lagos (Photos) / Six Most Wanted Cultists Arrested In Ogun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.