Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,368 members, 7,781,003 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:20 AM

Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) (34968 Views)

Nigerian International Passport Now #45000 / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Miyachi: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2022
I had a different experience.
I was captured the same day I went to the HQ in Gwagalada, their scheduling system didn't give a valid date during the application. The passport took a little longer than ETA I was given, but hey, I didn't pay for the "expedited process". smiley

I didn't spend anything more than the 70-something I paid for the 10 year passport. I didn't have anyone there, just went with a smiling face and good manners. grin

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Willie2015: 2:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
Gbagura:
did you get it same day?

Nope
Katsina gave me some days to pick it up...
Benue Renewal took 3 days cos of no booklet on grd

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2022
the problem with you nigerians is you like takin short-cuts and end up payin more....

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Gbagura: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Willie2015:

Nope
Katsina gave me some days to pick it up...
Benue Renewal took 3 days cos of no booklet on grd
na to book hotel lodge oo

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by RichAbujaGuy: 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Centcanada:
Every sector is corrupt.

truth.com grin

https://saharareporters.com/2013/08/22/end-assignment-nigeria-by%C2%A0tim-newman

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Gabangel(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
If you are to do passports avoid the big states or cities like Abuja, Lagos, Kano and I think even Kaduna and PH. Go to the Ebonyi, Adamawa, Benue (is like even Oyo you would avoid). There are some states that passport is within 2 to 3 weeks and you are not overspending, you would spend even far less money. Check the website too.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by yorke1: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
I applied online, paid 25k and concluded the process all by myself without paying shishi to anybody but that took me like almost four months before i could collect my passport at Ikeja Ilausa Lagos office. People that paid to fast track came out on time. The system is corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by iykejohnson(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2022
AerialMapper:
My useless passport expired since last year. Paid for express service in March…. I am still waiting for passport!

Thank God for my alternate travel document. I travel out on that passport, at the immigration desk, they ask for my Nigerian passport and I give them the expired one and tell them to speed up their process and go my way. When I return, they ask me for my Nigerian passport and I give them the expired one and tell them the same thing.

Problem solved… get yourself another country’s passport
grin grin grin
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
angelEmade:

Imagine. So na luck I get
You get luck well well
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
yorke1:
I applied online and concluded the process all by myself without paying shishi to anybody but that took me like almost four months before i could collect my passport at Ikeja Ilausa Lagos office. People that paid to fast track came out on time. The system is corrupt.

i had very bad experience applying online....
better talk directly with the embassy people....
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 2:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
the embassy lady wanted to even date me sef.... grin grin
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Constablepatr: 2:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
jkpbestseries:
I dedicate this front page to all who believe in Jesus Christ and sees him as their personal Lord and saviour.

They talking about something practical you saying Jesus Christ even the country he come from dem no shout am like we do here and still we shout it to do evil what’s the essence

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by tsdarkside(m): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Constablepatr:

They talking about something practical you saying Jesus Christ even the country he come from dem no shout am like we do here and still we shout it to do evil what’s the essence

no no....white jeeessssus christ will give am nigerian passport....

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Sikay19(m): 2:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
Cc: Kangalye
Microlincoln
Kemichael
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by deswiftfxn(m): 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2022
angelEmade:
Getting my passport was hell! I spent over 95k for a regular passport just to hasten things up but I ended up waiting 4months! This used to be a same day process in 2014.
At the capturing they would call in VIPs and people with referrals allowing them to jump queues...I stayed from morning till 8pm to get my capturing done. To Japa from that country, you will see hell...
Immigrations office Ilorin, Lagos airport international wing, federal ministry of education and federal ministry of foreign affairs, na God go punish all the corrupt officials there. Nigeria is ruined.
I bet you can't spend anything less than 60k for a regular passport right now.

Yes, I said it first
...if you want get your passport even if it will take up to 4 months time or more to be out, try passport office festac and you won't even spend up to 45k for 5 years 32 pages standard passport..except you want go for the one of 10 years...

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Ventura1: 2:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
That was the initial date I got while applying for mine, I complained via Twitter, and logged in few days later to discover, some days in October is free. I promptly choose a date, visited and get captured same day
Sweetplum:
I applied for renewal since last week. I m told its ll come for capturing on Jan 4th 2023. Who I offend? Na so japa people reach?
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by donem: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
ABEG WHO GET LINK ON HOW PERSON GO FIT GET DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT
grin
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by adubam(m): 2:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Cantonese:

Your friend get solid leg for immigration. That’s the only reason. Aside from that, e go dey queue for six months. They will tell you that booklets for 32 pages are not ready; they are just treating those of March. Then they will ask you to get 64 pages @70k, five years. After payment, story follow. The next story, “shifted to say we know, you for kuku pay for 10 years at once”. That “we makes it shared responsibility. Dem lie no be here. At king last na wait you go wait oo.

YES I KNOW IT HAPPENS! But is wicked for an Immigration Staff to collect that huge money and still delay the person that long.

3 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by yorke1: 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
tsdarkside:

i had very bad experience applying online....
better talk directly with the embassy people....

I had no issue applying. i have collected my passport. I was only pissed off with the long time it took to collect it due to corruption from the Nigerian Immigration Officers.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Patokens: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
jkpbestseries:
I dedicate this front page to all who believe in Jesus Christ and sees him as their personal Lord and saviour.

AWA NBI.CHRIST ALL THE WAY.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Mrtaye: 2:32pm On Nov 24, 2022
tsdarkside:
online is a joke....
i went directly to the nigerian embassy....

i didnt had to bribe nobody....
in less than 2 hours,i had my passport renewed....

better talk directly to the embassy....

the embassy lady wanted to even date me sef....
nice experience....
Which country be that
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by BennyDGreat: 2:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
adubam:

Why would you spend 95k for international passport and still wait for 4 months?

My friend I stood for who captured on 1st November has collected his yesterday 23rd November.

How much
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by ibtommy(m): 2:35pm On Nov 24, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJlu8GgQCys
u

I do not blame those devil incarnates in brown uniforms, I blame the FG. Let's continue to live in subjection to corruption....we are seeing the results already. Nigerians are corrupt, generally speaking, so the FG has decided to capitalize on our corrupt minds. Na dog chop dog matter. Let the vicious cycle continue.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by mrking3(m): 2:36pm On Nov 24, 2022
butpro:
I paid 70k since Aug till date , I haven't Seen my passport.
go check bro. I captured 4th August, i got mine today 24th november. Yours might be ready. Between you paid 70k for 32 pages? Paid 45k minus other sortings oooo
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by codertav: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
This one loud ooo !!!
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Patokens: 2:37pm On Nov 24, 2022
DEY DECIEVE YOURSELF,DAY GO SOON BREAK AND BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.THE WAY OF THE WORLD IS INEXPLICABLE PARDITION.JESUS IS THE WAY.
Constablepatr:

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Mummyfour(f): 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
ABEG WHO GET LINK ON HOW PERSON GO FIT GET DIPLOMATIC PASSPORT
I get link, but the passport will ensure that you land in Akwa ibon successfully without hitches.

Can we proceed to process it?
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Patokens: 2:41pm On Nov 24, 2022
WHAT COULD BE MORE PRACTICAL AND SHOULD BE TAKEN SERIOUS,IF NOT THAT WHETHER WE LIKE IT OR NOT,WE ALL HAVE INE OPPORTUNITY TO CHOOSE WHERE TO SPEND ETERNITY;EITHER IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD THROUGH CHRIST OR IN HELL FIRE WITH SATAN AND ALL SINNERS.MAY THE LORD HELP OUR LIVES.
Patokens:
DEY DECIEVE YOURSELF,DAY GO SOON BREAK AND BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.THE WAY OF THE WORLD IS INEXPLICABLE PARDITION.JESUS IS THE WAY.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by gratiaeo(m): 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2022
Fulani government is riddle with corruption that's why I resolved if Peter Obi can not get it then Tinubu no matter how I hate Tinubu as a person, southern criminal is far better than Fulani Saint

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by adubam(m): 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2022
BennyDGreat:

How much

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by dammywapes(m): 2:45pm On Nov 24, 2022
If i talk ground go full , Anytime he come out no wahala ino geh any other spare money where i even wan see ham self.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Kajaard: 2:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
These immigration personnel are the most corrupt set of people on planet earth.

If I tell you guys how much I spent to renew my passport for a 5 year validity you guys will be shocked. I just paid them because I was in a hurry and needed the passport ready in less than 3 weeks. Terrible people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Passenger Plane Plunges Into Lake Victoria, Tanzania, Rescue Operations Underway / The Havoc Caused By Rainstorm In Calabar, Cars, Properties Destroyed (Photos) / Calabar's Monorail Shows A Glimpse Of Nigeria's Intracity Public Transit System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.