Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,147 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) (35104 Views)

Nigerian International Passport Now #45000 / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Justbesure: 7:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
Miyachi:
I had a different experience.
I was captured the same day I went to the HQ in Gwagalada, their scheduling system didn't give a valid date during the application. The passport took a little longer than ETA I was given, but hey, I didn't pay for the "expedited process". smiley

I didn't spend anything more than the 70-something I paid for the 10 year passport. I didn't have anyone there, just went with a smiling face and good manners. grin
Please, when was this because i did my capturing in that office september 22, up till now i have not receive my passport
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by armadeo(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
larrypourl:

Na your link no sure. Got families that captured around October ending and they've gotten their passport. Did mine on the 17 of this month and should be out within 3weeks. Cost is 70k sha

Confirm.na next year you go see that passport. That three weeks na story to make belle sweet. I ran mu own recently paid August captured September promised 3 weeks na 2 weeks ago I collect.

I still know people who captured before me sef. Their own never show.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by dnawah(m): 7:51pm On Nov 24, 2022
TheMostComplex1:

So the brought the Machine to capture in at home
i don't know how they did,am telling it was 1986,when flight tickets from Lagos to pH was #250 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by PinkStarsFallIn: 8:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
AerialMapper:
My useless passport expired since last year. Paid for express service in March…. I am still waiting for passport!

Thank God for my alternate travel document. I travel out on that passport, at the immigration desk, they ask for my Nigerian passport and I give them the expired one and tell them to speed up their process and go my way. When I return, they ask me for my Nigerian passport and I give them the expired one and tell them the same thing.

Problem solved… get yourself another country’s passport
Which other countrys passport do u have?
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by herohero70: 8:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
I recommend Sagamu passport office for International passport processing. I went for capture on the 21 Oct, my passport was dated 27 Oct but I picked it up on 14 Nov. I started the process end-Aug, made N70k payment online for the 64-page/ 10-year passport and scheduled 21 Oct capture date online. I drove to Sagamu from Lagos and spent less than 1 hour for capture, well cared for at their airconditioned waiting room. Collection was the same experience.
This is one time I remember praising a Nigerian Government agency. Hopefully, the capture date scheduling can be shortened to mere days in future.
Shout out to Officer Ajagbe of NIS Passport office Sagamu!

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by EmperorVamo: 8:16pm On Nov 24, 2022
angelEmade:
Getting my passport was hell! I spent over 95k for a regular passport just to hasten things up but I ended up waiting 4months! This used to be a same day process in 2014.
At the capturing they would call in VIPs and people with referrals allowing them to jump queues...I stayed from morning till 8pm to get my capturing done. To Japa from that country, you will see hell...
Immigrations office Ilorin, Lagos airport international wing, federal ministry of education and federal ministry of foreign affairs, na God go punish all the corrupt officials there. Nigeria is ruined.
I bet you can't spend anything less than 60k for a regular passport right now.

Yes, I said it first

Most of you wait until it's urgent before u do the needful, while some of you are so lazy and useless u have to pay them for it !

I followed the passport thread on travel section , guess what ? 2022 I spent only 35k for a 64 page 5 years passport ...

DIY , from A-Z at ikoyi o , mad people there

But I got it in about 3 months , my point is this :
Until y'all start doing things DIY and trusting the process things won't change

I totally erased the corruption mentality from my mind, it wasn't easy but it was worth it

P.S my monthly income is upwards of 1.6m (I'm a remote DevOps Engineer)

So I could have easily paid 100k for express
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by EmperorVamo: 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2022
herohero70:
I recommend Sagamu passport office for International passport processing. I went for capture on the 21 Oct, my passport was dated 27 Oct but I picked it up on 14 Nov. I started the process end-Aug, made N70k payment online for the 64-page/ 10-year passport and scheduled 21 Oct capture date online. I drove to Sagamu from Lagos and spent less than 1 hour for capture, well cared for at their airconditioned waiting room. Collection was the same experience.
This is one time I remember praising a Nigerian Government agency. Hopefully, the capture date scheduling can be shortened to mere days in future.
Shout out to Officer Ajagbe of NIS Passport office Sagamu!

Bro fact is this , if you go through the DIY route , they are scared these days and feel you know wat u doing , and you can cast them

They respect us DIY Geng

I did 64page / 5 years for 30k , add transportation and other choppings 35k total!
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Miyachi: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Justbesure:

Please, when was this because i did my capturing in that office september 22, up till now i have not receive my passport
Mine was issued Aug. '21. I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours, although I know of someone who had similar issues but his was an official passport.

I remember I collected the officer's number at the passport collection point, I used to call and text him my details to help me check every week till my passport was ready.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Charly500(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
mrking3:
Lagos - Ikoyi.

thanks
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by remsonik(f): 8:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
My capturing is next week Monday at alausa, I pray God's favor will come unto my passport renewal capturing process and I will not spend extra cash while there
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Justbesure: 8:30pm On Nov 24, 2022
Miyachi:

Mine was issued Aug. '21. I'm surprised you haven't gotten yours, although I know of someone who had similar issues but his was an official passport.

I remember I collected the officer's number at the passport collection point, I used to call and text him my details to help me check every week till my passport was ready.
Thanks I will go and check for mine
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by larrypourl(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2022
armadeo:

Confirm.na next year you go see that passport. That three weeks na story to make belle sweet. I ran mu own recently paid August captured September promised 3 weeks na 2 weeks ago I collect.

I still know people who captured before me sef. Their own never show.

I'll update you once I get it in 3 weeks time.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by armadeo(m): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
larrypourl:

I'll update you once I get it in 3 weeks time.

I hope so too. Break the cycle.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by mediclife1987(m): 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2022
brainhgeek:

Forget I, it is at least, 6weeks now if you know someone but about 4months if you don't. The location doesn't really matter

Have you ever gone beyond Abuja before?
I have and came back. Infact I've actually traveled to ALL the states in the North, North Central inclusive.
It's like going beyond the wall.
Say what you know.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by goody234: 2:46am On Nov 25, 2022
Every facet of Nigeria is corrupt from the top to the bottom ..Every official is a thief
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by goody234: 2:51am On Nov 25, 2022
The nigerian civil service from the Permanent secretary to the Director general is the most corrupt institution i have ever encountered in my life !! Nothing is done without paying these thieves ...Even the ministers are in on the act fantastically corrupt institution ...Nigeria cannot continue this way the correction will be a great reset
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by AerialMapper: 3:22am On Nov 25, 2022
PinkStarsFallIn:

Which other countrys passport do u have?

God save the King
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Zolika: 4:52am On Nov 25, 2022
How much is the online fee for Nigerian international passport? 64 page, 10 years...
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2022
angelEmade:
Getting my passport was hell! I spent over 95k for a regular passport just to hasten things up but I ended up waiting 4months! This used to be a same day process in 2014.
At the capturing they would call in VIPs and people with referrals allowing them to jump queues...I stayed from morning till 8pm to get my capturing done. To Japa from that country, you will see hell...

Immigrations office Ilorin, Lagos airport international wing, federal ministry of education and federal ministry of foreign affairs, na God go punish all the corrupt officials there. Nigeria is ruined.

Yes, I said it first

if you did your passport at the immigration office in ilorin, I won’t dare to oppose your claims cos those idiots stationed in that place will make life hell for anyone unfortunate enough to walk in there for his/her passport.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Constablepatr: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2022
Patokens:
DEY DECIEVE YOURSELF,DAY GO SOON BREAK AND BY THEN IT WILL BE TOO LATE.THE WAY OF THE WORLD IS INEXPLICABLE PARDITION.JESUS IS THE WAY.

NA him make us dry follow am blindly and still no see road
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by angelEmade: 10:10am On Nov 25, 2022
YoungBruzzy:

if you did your passport at the immigration office in ilorin, I won’t dare to oppose your claims cos those idiots stationed in that place will make life hell for anyone unfortunate enough to walk in there for his/her passport.
we should start exposing them by calling them out. Foolish people...I saw hell!
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by angelEmade: 10:11am On Nov 25, 2022
mediclife1987:

Did my passport for 25k or so in Katsina 2015, collected it that same day.

With all this lamentations, I might travel to the core North West to renew my passport when time reach...
Someone told me this bit to travel dey fear me back then
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJlu8GgQCys

NTA TELEVISION JUST RENDERED AN INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING,, AND EXPOSED AN IN-GRAINED ETERNAL CORRUPTION IN THE CURRENT GOVERNMENT...

Kudos to them..

Only INEC is doing their best in the current Government..
All of the rest are doing absolute Nonsense..
Both NIMC/NIN, CBN, NERC, NCC, NIBRI, NASENI, NPC, NNPCL and so on.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by brainhgeek(m): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
mediclife1987:

Have you ever gone beyond Abuja before?
I have and came back. Infact I've actually traveled to ALL the states in the North, North Central inclusive.
It's like going beyond the wall.
Say what you know.

If your interpretation of 'gone beyond Abuja' is for the sake of acquiring an international passport, then I haven't but if you are talking about traveling beyond Abuja, I have been to all geopolitical regions of Nigeria. Though my first passport was done in Abuja, the renewal was done in the West?
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by speedxe1256(m): 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2022
angelEmade:

Yes, I said it first

I did mine in the north few months ago. walked into immigration office did registration and captured immediately ,got it within 2weeks.i didn't spend up to 24k.. no connection, just me in my NYSC khaki . Lol
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by mediclife1987(m): 1:57pm On Nov 25, 2022
brainhgeek:

If your interpretation of 'gone beyond Abuja' is for the sake of acquiring an international passport, then I haven't but if you are talking about traveling beyond Abuja, I have been to all geopolitical regions of Nigeria. Though my first passport was done in Abuja, the renewal was done in the West?

Are you equating geopolitical regions with states?
If you are then there's no need for further discussion.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by angelEmade: 2:45pm On Nov 25, 2022
speedxe1256:

I did mine in the north few months ago. walked into immigration office did registration and captured immediately ,got it within 2weeks.i didn't spend up to 24k.. no connection, just me in my NYSC khaki . Lol
Exactly what someone told me but travelling from the southwest to the north was scary...

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by brainhgeek(m): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
mediclife1987:

Are you equating geopolitical regions with states?
If you are then there's no need for further discussion.

Yes, in a way. I have been to and stayed in 21, of the 36 states in Nigeria, FCT inclusive. I don't know if you have that much coverage, if you do, you are king. Mind you, of these 21 states, 5 are core northern states where I once lived or visited. So, if you are limited to the North, then, there is no need for further discussion. I can tell a tale of what works in Nigeria from my wider knowledge. Not from a one sided view of a region
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Movichabiodun(m): 7:41am On Nov 26, 2022
larrypourl:

You did the capturing and all in ilorin too right? Link me up with your agent.

Yes sir
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by Movichabiodun(m): 8:04am On Nov 26, 2022
larrypourl:

You did the capturing and all in ilorin too right? Link me up with your agent.

Abiodunogunjimi36@gmail.com
You can give me a mail
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by mediclife1987(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2022
brainhgeek:

Yes, in a way. I have been to and stayed in 21, of the 36 states in Nigeria, FCT inclusive. I don't know if you have that much coverage, if you do, you are king. Mind you, of these 21 states, 5 are core northern states where I once lived or visited. So, if you are limited to the North, then, there is no need for further discussion. I can tell a tale of what works in Nigeria from my wider knowledge. Not from a one sided view of a region

You're just a joker.

I'm from the South Western part of Nigeria, and yet I've visited ALL the states in the North, in addition ofcourse to ALL in the states in the SW, and also Enugu & Port Harcourt.

You're still learning, so better stay humble and learn.
Re: Corruption In The Nigerian International Passport Process (Video) by brainhgeek(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
mediclife1987:

You're just a joker.

I'm from the South Western part of Nigeria, and yet I've visited ALL the states in the North, in addition ofcourse to ALL in the states in the SW, and also Enugu & Port Harcourt.

You're still learning, so better stay humble and learn.

Yes sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Most Dangerous Airports / Finland Japa / Busiest International Airports In The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.