Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor (890 Views)

Promise Me You Will Come Back - Nigerian Lady Cries At The Airport / Why Do People In The Diaspora Come Back To Nigeria To Settle When They Get Old? / Hours After Relocating To Ireland, Engineer Vows Never To Come Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by Onolulu: 3:05pm On Nov 24, 2022
USA is vast becoming a crime infested place for immigrant. But I trust my Nigerian people to conceal this. If what happened in the US last week happened in Nigeria, the whole Internet will be brimming hot by now with takes of how nigeria will soon collapse. News of mass shootings in the abroad will plague the Internet and you'll see Nigerian excusing such attrocities with "gun is their right". But if a road accident in Nigeria, you'll get tired of seeing curses being heaped heavily on Nigeria. Japa ambassadors let us realized how there's zero crime in the abroad. But it's all the usual propaganda

I know this post will be deleted by the mods and I'll be blocked from viewing nairaland. But had it been I shared a bad news about nigeria, everyone will celebrate it and it'll be taken to the FP

Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by meobizy(f): 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2022
Nothing concern me.
Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by Solofresh2: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2022
Honestly the USA is not really good for the black young adult.I hate all this gangster shit.
Maybe when I grow old I can move to the US but not now
Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by dawnomike(m): 3:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is what it is... Insecurity is everywhere you go like MTN. But, some of us will still surely survive it all

1 Like

Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by blackboy(m): 3:21pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is our leaders we blame.

We love Nigeria but the system it is run we dislike.

You are complaining about the USA gun crime . There is statistics but here no or fake stats.
Most crime cases are solved but here if a crime case is solved celebrate. If justice is served thank God.
This bandits attrocities is a big shame and cannot happen in Ghana not to talk of USA.

Nigerian leaders give us reason to complain and we should for a better Nigeria. The day we keep quiet then Nigeria will never be better
Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by Onolulu: 3:34pm On Nov 24, 2022
blackboy:
It is our leaders we blame.

We love Nigeria but the system it is run we dislike.

You are complaining about the USA gun crime . There is statistics but here no or fake stats.
Most crime cases are solved but here if a crime case is solved celebrate. If justice is served thank God.
This bandits attrocities is a big shame and cannot happen in Ghana not to talk of USA.

Nigerian leaders give us reason to complain and we should for a better Nigeria. The day we keep quiet then Nigeria will never be better

In my opinion, bad news about nigeria circulate more than other countries. Nigerians are naturally loud. Other countries cover their shames except Nigeria. So, crime is easily exposed in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by sammirano: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2022
The mass shooting is a grave concern. My prayers are with people in the US. you can literally get shot for laughing too hard now... It's that bad
Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by Gerrard59(m): 1:09pm On Nov 25, 2022
Onolulu:
USA is vast becoming a crime infested place for immigrant. But I trust my Nigerian people to conceal this. If what happened in the US last week happened in Nigeria, the whole Internet will be brimming hot by now with takes of how nigeria will soon collapse. News of mass shootings in the abroad will plague the Internet and you'll see Nigerian excusing such attrocities with "gun is their right". But if a road accident in Nigeria, you'll get tired of seeing curses being heaped heavily on Nigeria. Japa ambassadors let us realized how there's zero crime in the abroad. But it's all the usual propaganda

I know this post will be deleted by the mods and I'll be blocked from viewing nairaland. But had it been I shared a bad news about nigeria, everyone will celebrate it and it'll be taken to the FP

The good thing is that there are stats from the US. Earlier this year in Nigeria and last year, weren't people slaughtered like fowls throughout Northern Nigeria? The US' problem has a well-defined root but that of Nigeria is reckless and so ethnicised. A place where communities are erased on the basis of religious bigotry. Did you see the pictures from a community in Enugu?

Onolulu:

In my opinion, bad news about nigeria circulate more than other countries. Nigerians are naturally loud. Other countries cover their shames except Nigeria. So, crime is easily exposed in Nigeria

That is because you consume Nigerian media information. Other countries talk about crime as it happens. The United States has its gun issues, which is terrible. But it is still safer than Nigeria. The life expectancy rates in both countries are enough to tell us. Moreover, not every "Japa ambassador" lives in the US or aspires to move there (although I admire the huge salaries and vibrant entrepreneurial culture there). The last time I saw a gun was in Nigeria. As it is, I don't know what a gun looks like physically. In fact, ever since I left, this is the first time I am typing the word - gun.
Re: Why I Can Never Come Back To Nigeria Even If I'm Poor by Gerrard59(m): 1:15pm On Nov 25, 2022
BTW, no be you create this topic where you claim a lady in Canada wants to marry you?

https://www.nairaland.com/7446082/limited-dating-pool-canada-push

In less than a month, you don create six topics! I am beginning to suspect na one person dey all these anti-japa threads of recent.

(1) (Reply)

Missed Passport Submission 30 Days Deadline. / Naija Tourism / June 20 World Refugee Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.