Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption (23904 Views)

Gabon: Ousted President, Bongo Under House Arrest, Son Charged For Treason / Meet the new Vice President of Malawi, Dr Saulos Klaus Chilima and his wife / Newly Elected Vice President Of Malawi, Saulos Klaus Chilima In Igbo Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by fergie001: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
Malawi’s Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) has arrested the country’s Vice-President Saulos Klaus Chilima for allegedly receiving Sh34 million ($280,000) from British tycoon Zuneth Sattar in exchange of government tenders.

ACB says Chilima, 49, allegedly received the bribe between March 2021 and October 2021.

ACB further claims that Sattar gave out the bribe to the vice-president so that his companies, Xavier Limited and Malachitte FZE, could be awarded government tenders.

Xavier, a private limited company, said on its profile that it was involved in “support activities”.

“Dr Chilima will be taken to court where he is expected to be charged as follows: three counts of corrupt practices by a public officer, two counts of receiving advantage for using influence in regard to contracts and one count of failing to make a full report to a police officer or an officer of the bureau that an advantage had been corruptly given,” said Egrita Ndala, the spokesperson of Malawi’s Anti-Corruption Bureau, on Friday, November 25.

Controversy-riddled Xavier Limited, which was founded on May 20, 2017, was dissolved on October 13, 2020.

The company’s headquarters was in Bolton, England.

SOURCE

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by lhordspy: 5:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
Country that take accountability seriously.

Yet in Nigeria here, a certain man, Peter Pandora was caught with 250m naira cash in his car. When he was trying to sneak it into lagos state in 2009.

This same man was involved in a secret oversea business. These are businesses he clandestinely set up and operated overseas, including in notorious tax and secrecy havens in ways that breached Nigerian laws. Which was blown open by the Pandora findings.

This same man diverted billions of anambra state money into his daughter oversee account, invested the few funds left and ran all of it into historical loss. Where the present governor of Anambra state had to scream so loud for the world to know..

This same man declared openly that he lives, wine and dine with Ipob.

And many more....

Yet, this same man is a presidential candidate in Nigeria here contesting for the sit of Power. Being champion and cheerlead by aggressive, insulting, disrespectful bullies who thinks he is the best thing after chocolate.

Robert greene states that:
People that controls people perceptions of reality, control them

That is why: You need to judge people by their actions and maneuvers, not by fake stories or unproven figure they quote.

Resist people who sell stories of Nigeria's failure to you just to score cheap political point.

57 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by MufasaLion: 5:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
Good riddance!

In Nigeria, they prefer to only go after boys scamming $100, $200 and other petty financial criminals.

20 Likes

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by fergie001: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THIF0dXE-MA
Chilima appearing in Court as Police wrestle with his supporters.

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Artiiclebeast: 6:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
The guy do him corruption NYSC for Pederal Gunment of Nijeriya...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
He reach his turn, he swallowed Treasury

6 Likes

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Dialpad: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
When will this happen in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Jones4190(m): 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2022
the guy look like leleferedum people

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by jojothaiv(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
And I was in Malawi months ago...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Misre: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
He's wearing isiagu, he must have visited Nigeria

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Reporting34(f): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
Please everyone don't mind this fraudsters Anthony okeke is back with a full forces to continue scamming Nairaland people with the same format he has always been using, so just check the format oloriburuku man is still using to defraud a lot of people's here on Nairaland just be aware not to be scam

Please dear everyone, please forgive me for posting this, if I can help myself I won't be begging. I am seeking assistance from well meaning Nigerians to help save my life. Please sirs and ma's, my name is Faith , am a 26 years old single mom of 1. My son is just 2 years old. I used to be a hairdresser before my present predicament. In August of 2021 I fell very sick and was rush to the hospital by my neighbour. Doctor said that I will have to be admitted because by the time that they have prescribed several drugs for me, my hands and both of my legs has developed rashes and started to swell up. The swelling got worst and more severe as time went by, eventually leading to multiple skin ulcers. Preliminary results shows that I was diagnosed with blood infection. I also urgently require prolonged sore Management with Vacuum Assisted Closure Device and skin graft to help regain my normal life again but unfortunately I can't treat myself because I don't have enough on me. Doctor said the procedure will require 1.3million Naira to give me my life back and so far I've been able to raise only 300 thousand with the help of my friends and some kind hearted well wishers who have taken pity for me in the past few months. Pleas sirs and ma's, am an orphan both my parents are late. I have been trying every possible best to raise the remainder to no avail. I don't have any property to sell again and I cannot work in this my condition pls I beg of you, I can't even look after my 2 years old son, that's why am pleading with any well meaning person pls

He has already posted this today even up to four front page topic please don't even mind to send a penny to this oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by olaeffect(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am coming
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Dynamicboss: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
lhordspy:
Country that take accountability seriously.

Yet in Nigeria here, a certain man, Peter Pandora was caught with 250m naira cash in his car. When he was trying to sneak it into lagos state in 2009.

This same man was involved in a secret oversea business. These are businesses he clandestinely set up and operated overseas, including in notorious tax and secrecy havens in ways that breached Nigerian laws. Which was blown open by the Pandora findings.

This same man diverted billions of anambra state money into his daughter oversee account, invested the few funds left and ran it into historical loss. Where the present governor of Anambra state had to scream so loud for the world to know..

This same man declared openly that he lives, wine and dine with Ipob.

And many more....

Yet, this same man is a presidential candidate in Nigeria here contesting for the sit of Power. Being champion and cheerlead by aggressive, insulting, disrespectful bullies who thinks he is the best thing after chocolate.

Naija... SMH

Others have more corrupt status than him. Though, I don't support him and the two other useless old cargoes

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by saferoom: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
Ok
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Advocate500: 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2022
This one resemble igboman.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Johnrake69: 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by 6ixVille: 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
E be tings
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Profprom(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
Africa is waking up
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Dididrumz(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
The immunity our office holders have here in Nigeria is a major problem for us.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by kingamaa(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
This can't happen in Nigeria

For where
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by kennyz247(m): 7:12pm On Nov 25, 2022
how I wish ds kinda judgement is applicable in Nigerian, people like Tinubu and his best friend Buhari for rot in prison forever....

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by emperordelis(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
I suspect a fall out with the president

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by emmabest2000(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
MufasaLion:
Good riddance!

In Nigeria, they prefer to only go after boys scamming $100, $200 and other petty financial criminals.

All crimes na crime

But na bubu dem go take start
After he leave office

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by thundafire: 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
Africa leaders are thieves
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by jojothaiv(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
lhordspy:

Naija... SMH
I'm glad you end your statements with Naija... SMH, now this implies there's no much difference between the leaders and the followers (we are the reflection of the kind of leaders we have) and sadly the other major contestants know that they are no saints either but then let's continue.

3 Likes

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by FreeStuffsNG: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
After Sarkozy , Trump o.

check my signature for free stuffs!

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by johnrx: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Immunity
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Advocate500: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nothing to celebrate,this might be a political hunt.

1 Like

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by NSNA: 7:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Looks like Igbo dress

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Mensonges: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2022
I am so sure he must have declared to run against the president in their upcoming election. grin
Re: Malawi Vice-president, Saulos Klaus Chilima Arrested, charged for corruption by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 25, 2022
remove immunity for top officials of government except the president, governors are not backed by immunity

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Storms Batter South And Central Europe, Kills At Least 12 ( Pix, Video) / Wildfires Raging Across Southern Turkey( Pics, Video) / Grenoble Top Court Upholds Ban On Wearing Burkini In Municipal Swimming Pools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.