Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,861 members, 7,798,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? (834 Views)

Dating Girls From Broken Homes, raised by A Single Mother(Tale of benue Girls) / I Think Most Guys On Nairaland Are From Broken Homes / Girls From Wretched Homes Have The Worst Entitlement Mentality! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by ebubeson: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
Please help me out. I have started getting closer to someone from a broken home. Please does it have negative effect?
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Samfloxin(m): 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
He or she can still make a good home, relate closely with him or her

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by FreshFarmAgro: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Why seek third party opinions in your relationship. Tell the person you like a one-on-one, heart to heart talk. Express your fears and get to hear their opinion. Look into their eyes, you'll find the answers there

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Divoc19(f): 12:03am On Nov 28, 2022
Your family background does not matter at all. The thing is;
'Are you really sure that you are compatible and realistic with your partner, no pretense' and you can be supportive in whatever way they may need you in future?

If your answer is yes. Then your marriage may last longer than you think.

What kills marriage most is entitlement (an African man will tell you, ' this is my house I can do whatever I like') mentality and 3rd party ( direct/indirect)

2 Likes

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by rickpat(m): 12:14am On Nov 28, 2022
don't be deceived,SOME PEOPLE FROM BROKEN HOMES TEND TO GIVE A LOT TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A SUCCESSFUL MARRIAGE BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT THEIR KIDS TO PASS THROUGH WHAT THEY DID....

while some people from not from broke homes tend to leave their marriage over a little challenge because they always see marriage as a bed of roses..and they will say things like my mom never talked to my dad like that....oh,I need a man like my dad

finally, everything depends on individual... people learn in different ways...some learn to live right from others wrong while some learn to live wrongly from others wrong

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Chloraseptic: 12:52am On Nov 28, 2022
Relax your mind, average Nigerian is damaged or broken

Sexually damaged

Thoughtfully damaged

Economically damaged by Buhari's Government

Relationship damaged

Educationally damaged

Religiously damaged

Just choose the one you can manage in your partner and compromise the rest.

5 Likes

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by wordbank(m): 1:03am On Nov 28, 2022
IF YOUR PARTNER IS BROKEN BECAUSE OF HER PARENTS BROKEN RELATIONSHIP, BREAK YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH HER BEFORE SHE BREAK EVERY BREAKABLE IN YOUR LIFE.
Financially broke
Mentally broken
Spermly brokened!

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Franzinni: 1:24am On Nov 28, 2022
Nope ....

They over compensate and fail!

The guys would try no to be like thier dad but will get attracted to the same type of trash that turned thier dad into a beast till he runs away or die prematurely... Then the son would start to face the same shit from his own marriage and quickly realize... Dad was right after all and then guy starts planning an escape route.. or look for love elsewhere.

If it's a woman, she would be a dick hopper becasue she would always be attracted to her father type men. And then she would try to fix him, and fail becasue that man too done collect before so he now knows the true nature of a woman. And so the madness continues ....

It's sad that often times there is already an offspring and so it continues on perpetuity.

Marriage is a SCAM ... Solution ...

Marriage should be renewed like drivers license.. every 2 years, you are due for renewal and if one party decide not to do again ...

No time ... Share property and vooooooom!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by frozen70(f): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2022
ebubeson:
Please help me out. I have started getting closer to someone from a broken home. Please does it have negative effect?

There are different problems that causes broken home and it can crip up at any time of their marriage

What you can endure can not be accepted by another

If you are interested in her, go on to build a good relationship and both if you have to avoid anything that will break your marriage
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 28, 2022
Divoc19:
Your family background does not matter at all. The thing is;
'Are you really sure that you are compatible and realistic with your partner, no pretense' and you can be supportive in whatever way they may need you in future?

If your answer is yes. Then your marriage may last longer than you think.

What kills marriage most is entitlement (an African man will tell you, ' this is my house I can do whatever I like') mentality and 3rd party ( direct/indirect)

In courtship, it may look compatible, in marriage, reverse might be the case. Marriage is extremely complicating
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by pansophist(m): 7:27am On Nov 28, 2022
Yes. It all depends on the individuals involved.

2 Likes

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Divoc19(f): 7:27am On Nov 28, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone.
It's high time we accept that smiley

A beautiful morning to you and your household this beautiful morning imadiyi smiley

imadiyi:

In courtship, it was look compatible, in marriage, reverse might be the case. Marriage is extremely complicating

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Fahvvy: 7:32am On Nov 28, 2022
OP...
When you go to the hospital and the doctor suspects that you have a disease condition, let's say diabetes undecided...

One of the questions that you'll be asked is, IS THERE ANYONE IN YOUR FAMILY THAT HAS DIABETES? IS THERE A HISTORY OF DIABETES IN YOUR FAMILY? undecided...

The reason for this because it has been proven by science, psychologist, sociologist etc that WHAT HAPPENS IN THE LIFE OF A PARENT CAN ALSO HAPPEN IN THE LIFE OF THE CHILD - whether or not it is genetically related undecided...

However...
Just as a person with a predisposition to diabetes can put measures in place to never have diabetes, so can a person that comes from a broken home put things in place to never have a broken home undecided...

So the question you should ask yourself is this, what measure is my partner putting in place to make sure that history doesn't repeat itself? undecided...

Because if they're not putting effort, rest assured that she will most definitely act in a way that will cause history to repeat itself...
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Lungdick: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2022
Yes.

for instance my dad cares for his children but there are some of his attitudes l hate. So l neva pray to be a father like my dad.

same thing applies to people from broken homes(the serious ones tho'). They'll surely try all means neva to have a broken home just like their parents cos there are a lot of disadvantages in a broken home.

before you marry the person, assess the person's behavior and life style to make sure the person is a serious type so that history won't repeat itself.....

my one cent
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by dollytino4real(f): 8:51am On Nov 28, 2022
Yes! N yes ! because they will love to keep their home well not to repeat wat happened to their parent, but u must not die in it if it is not working

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Divoc19:
Marriage is not for everyone.
It's high time we accept that smiley

A beautiful morning to you and your household this beautiful morning imadiyi smiley

Thank you Divoc. Same, my dear. How has it been, today?
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Anunakeeh: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2022
Chloraseptic:
Relax your mind, average Nigerian is damaged or broken

Sexually damaged

Thoughtfully damaged

Economically damaged by Buhari's Government

Relationship damaged

Educationally damaged

Religiously damaged

Just choose the one you can manage in your partner and compromise the rest.

This Is the Truth and Reality of These Days.
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:05pm On Nov 28, 2022
Yuppp.

Just wait and see and watch Pells and I work out.
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by DonroxyII: 2:39pm On Nov 30, 2022
ebubeson:
Our Experiences and Exposures shapes Our Life so Yes, Dyfunctional home have negative effects on the Upgbringing of Children and without Interventions it affects them till adulthood!

Nevertheless, You can Provide the Succor and the Love to Shape and Reshape the Mental Health to Normalcy!

Only if you don't have your own issues Yourself!
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by theophorus(m): 2:44pm On Nov 30, 2022
Person never see beautiful House before, you come dey think say he go fit build Beauriful House.

Except say He go do research and study about house building, na the design wen his see and experience He go build.

Kashif?
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by ednut1(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Majority of the failed marriages we have today are from people with non broken homes. Life no get manual. Is the person traumatized by the broken home and has not sought help Do they or one of the parents now hate men or marriage Na those kind things you go dey look not generalization.

1 Like

Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by seunpinky(m): 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2022
First things first, it’s not the fault of your partner that he/she is from a broken home. You can’t blame your partner for the decision of their parents to break up.

Secondly, I have seen people from broken home swear that they would do whatever they can to ensure that they don’t have a broken home.

Thirdly, not coming from a broken home doesn’t mean you can not have a broken home.

In conclusion, you have to evaluate your partner to know if they have not been psychologically affected by the ills/negative effects of a broken home. You also need to evaluate yourself to know if your “unbroken home background” is not going to have any negative effect on ur future home. Some unbroken homes are more toxic than some broken homes.
Re: Do People From Broken Homes Have Successful Marriage? by Whatitis: 7:38pm On Nov 30, 2022
You can't do what you don't know. 70%> kids from broken homes end up breaking theirs not through any particular fault of theirs but because they grew up with no marriage to understudy. The biggest cause of divorce in today's society is a generational one. Just like going through the educational system enables one to fit into corporate setting in society so does growing up with both parents present in the home. No matter the level of rancour in that home the child turns out to be more mentally, psychologically and emotionally balanced and prepared for marriage than those with single parentage. Life is a reality so you really can't give what you don't have.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Am In Dying Need Of Help / I'm Scared. Really Scared. How Can I Make This Right? / Why Marriage Don't Last Long Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.