Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process (3489 Views)

Canada Study Permit Visa Documents Required / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process by ory: 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2011
Please I need your urgent advice.

I was offered an admission for September 2011 to study in Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.
School fees per annum is about CAD $13,000 (N3m).
I then applied in May 2011 to the Canadian Embassy for Study Permit and as required also included a letter from my Sponsor and his bank statement. As required, I also applied to Quebec for CAQ (Certificate of Acceptance to Quebec) and this was approved - a copy was sent to me in which I was informed that one had been directly sent to the Canadian Embassy.
My sponsor's bank statement had a turnover of N10 million over a 6-month period but the balance as at the print-out date was only about N400,000.
The processing time stated by the Embassy is 3 months.
After I had submitted my application, I paid my fees for the 1st year and also had a balance of about the same amount in my account.
When 3 months elapsed with no update from the Embassy and my school due to resume on Sept 6 2011, I contacted them on more than one occasion for an update. Then I received a letter from them stating the following:
1) They are not convinced that I have sufficient proof of financial support to study in Canada.
2) They did not receive my CAQ
Hence, my application was refused and closed until I have further evidence to prove otherwise.

My impression is that they did not even contact the school to know if I had paid my fees or not. Also, if they had received my CAQ, did not even bother to match it against my application.

I need to appeal and re-file my application. Please advise me - how do I go about it?
Re: Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process by ojdollars(m): 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2011
ory:

Please I need your urgent advice.

I was offered an admission for September 2011 to study in Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec.
School fees per annum is about CAD $13,000 (N3m).
I then applied in May 2011 to the Canadian Embassy for Study Permit and as required also included a letter from my Sponsor and his bank statement. As required, I also applied to Quebec for CAQ (Certificate of Acceptance to Quebec) and this was approved - a copy was sent to me in which I was informed that one had been directly sent to the Canadian Embassy.
My sponsor's bank statement had a turnover of N10 million over a 6-month period but the balance as at the print-out date was only about N400,000.
The processing time stated by the Embassy is 3 months.
After I had submitted my application, I paid my fees for the 1st year and also had a balance of about the same amount in my account.
When 3 months elapsed with no update from the Embassy and my school due to resume on Sept 6 2011, I contacted them on more than one occasion for an update. Then I received a letter from them stating the following:
1) They are not convinced that I have sufficient proof of financial support to study in Canada.
2) They did not receive my CAQ
Hence, my application was refused and closed until I have further evidence to prove otherwise.

My impression is that they did not even contact the school to know if I had paid my fees or not. Also, if they had received my CAQ, did not even bother to match it against my application.

I need to appeal and re-file my application. Please advise me - how do I go about it?

@ory , If I was a Lawyer, I'd tell you that if you have a very Interesting Case in Court here. Men, contact your School at Once with a scanned letter of that stupid refusal letter, alert the school about what they told you about this (2) They did not receive my CAQ) And ask the School to check with them immediately. You have a clear case here, its either the immigration person was drunk with Mama Iyabo Ogogoro Mixture or smoked Indiaem to have denied you. You got everything and you can also get an immigration lawyer if need be, and hope your Sponsor account has been upgraded from that 400,000 naira ooh, else you should use your own Money to fund it, it should be more than the Money your school require for you to finish up your Programe. I am very interested in this Case, go on and scan the documents to the school, Query them if need be for not getting the CAQ thing to the Embassy here as a result of their incompetence to provide all the necessary document to the Embassy and causing you to spend money on your Visa fee and other stuff twice. They should sort things out with the embassy and get back to you. Just giving you an idea of what you need to do, appreciate am, thousands of people look your post, bone am as them see say he nor go benefit them, what a funny forum. See ya around Brother, leave your email for any other help.
Re: Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2011
na wah for Canada Embassy oh dem Shakara too much abeg, bros do as ojdollars said and see what will happen.
Re: Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process by ory: 6:03am On Aug 28, 2011
@ ojdollars, Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post. I will promptly do as you have advised.

@ oyibomoses, Thanks. I will do so.
Re: Canada Study Permit (montreal)- Appeal Process by smoothpapuzy(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
i got admission to study in uinversity of concordia.
can some help me with the step by step process of going about my visa and when it is safe to may my fees and all.
thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Character Certificate; Help With Validity. / Nigerians In Georgia (tbilisi) Show Yourself / The Six Most Remote Places In human civilization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.