Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Nairaland Prospect And Limitations From GPRS To 5G - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Prospect And Limitations From GPRS To 5G (158 Views)

MTN Welcomes Airtel To 5G Network; See Airtel's Reply / The Risks And Limitations Of Offshore Bank Accounts / Turn Your Phone To 5G NETWORK In 2steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Prospect And Limitations From GPRS To 5G by Badb0y4lyf(m): 3:46am On Nov 28, 2022
Time moves unnoticed but change is constant.
As a teenager I observed the paradigm shift from Analogue to digital it was the perfect time as my appetite for information only just awoke. My Dad being learned traveled far and wide with degrees and Hons from abroad universities was my go to google at the time. It was a privilege to see a computer then,and we was only thought windows Os and Dos Command in secondary school.
The GSM came about and life was easy who would have thought video call would be at the grasp of our hand with just a dial. It was thinkable but far from doable Packet Swich was the prime mover at the time this was 2003 era colored lcd phones sprang up then GPRS was introduced it was now possible to go on the internet with our phones but it was just WAP and not WEB but it was an outlook for new possibilities other technological advances came into place in a short while with this impetus only one Nigeria website was available at the time Nairaland.com Web content was minimal and you hardly meet Nigerian girls online most of us dated girls abroad those that know about kobrawap and prodigits.
Sorry I digress a little @Seun seems to be a man ahead of his time the tech boys of today, the E warriors and social media content creator where aloof of the internet the know how and it potential.
How Seun manage to get the idea write a script for nairaland. Get a domain and host it till today remains a mystery this was around 2006 or there about.
Watin concern us there was an ampful of girls online at then and even nairaland was an hunting ground.
This was how things were there was integrity, no name calling or tribal issues the internet was a beautiful place as it felt we were Nigerians that meet abroad tribe or religion never matter. Topics were relatable we all wanted to help each other and give as much accurate information as we can on a topic of just lurk around and listen to experience minds talk when they write.
Then came social media, news tabloid started featuring online its was like we let the devil in. Government trying to seize the news story and twist it to Favour them or debunked stories written against them calling it photoshop or fake news.
Social Media making us feel we not good enough and we putting our best pictures no flaws out there.
While we can only reminisce about the good old days we must look into the future and either innovate or follow trend @Seun should right now be in compete with twitter and mark of Facebook as Nigeria population makes up at most 30% of this media sites which nairaland has existed before they even conceived the ideals.
@Seun has the potential to be the number one richest man in Africa ahead of dangote and the likes but idea with out innovation is only gonna be replaced by the new norm which is obtainable what keeps nairaland afloat is the wealth of information stored on here which is easily accessible from google
@Seun monotony of nairaland has deprived it of improvements this is 15years and nairaland as worn a new look same old same old.
My humble suggestion @Seun should employ more tech savvy hands, a total over haul of nairaland improve more on security spam, Bot and fraud detection better Smiley or Memes, front page Story specific to my browsing style, interest or history not one linear front page. That all I can think of more ideas would be appreciated, I understand this is a forum however this is a decade into the 21st century we can’t continue to ride horses when cars are beginning to Fly.

(1) (Reply)

Health&beauty Products On Jumia 30% Discount / Argentina Vs Croatia Live Stream: How To Watch / List Of Crypto Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.