Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,049 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) (39029 Views)

Kia Set To Produce 14 New Evs By 2027, Including An Electric Truck / Full Download. Twenty One Pilots Scaled And Icy / Cummins Beat Tesla To Heavy Duty Electric Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Houseofglam7(f): 11:21am On Nov 29, 2022
cool
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by BigYash: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

We don't deserve those guys. They been making expensive brands' products affordable for the masses.

I would know because I'm currently rocking my PAMU sneakers. grin
grin No go try those guys o.. If only we get working government.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by erai30(m): 11:25am On Nov 29, 2022
Shoprite if you guys know what is best for you, don't make any attempt to bring it down to Nigeria, because AREA go just use am charge phones. angry

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by DestinyNigga: 11:25am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:
I'm not saying Nigeria can't replicate this, but e go tey cheesy

Nnewi or Aba boys can do it. All they need is finance. I wish the government can finance those guys. So much talent are wasting away.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:26am On Nov 29, 2022
But u charge with fossil fuel
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by mbahdi(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2022
Leprosy to every hand that will want to vote apc again
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by ContinuousTortu: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2022
Onitsha boys can do better. Fake Soutie taking trash on NL. Go get a life!
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by SeriouslySense(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2022
nice
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Juleeee: 11:30am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

We don't deserve those guys. They been making expensive brands' products affordable for the masses.

This was made in aba?
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by harmargedon: 11:33am On Nov 29, 2022
Juleeee:

This was made in aba?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Chris2863(m): 11:38am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

grin cheesy
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Worldlychild: 11:40am On Nov 29, 2022
money121:
Ok
please employ me
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by dhoncesar(m): 11:43am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

This is not about Nigeria. I believe you don't know shoprite is been owned by southafrican. Every shoprite in Nigeria is been owned by spithafrican , the mall where the shoprite is been placed is the only thing owned by Nigeria. Even if you want to apply for a job at shoprite. They have their own email which is @co.za. whole the can decide t bring the truck to Nigeria after test running it over there for months cos Nigerians love glowing things...lol. We will surely fall for it like children fall for wheel barrow ice cream.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by temitope27(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2022
Chaos14:
Just show aba boys how it was made and its done
must dey do fake things
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by netmillionaires(m): 11:45am On Nov 29, 2022
The statements on the board are phrases. I do not think it is a mistake. It is not the popular statement you know. The designer is simply trying to play with words. ONE TURN GOOD is the artist/designer saying,"First term is done and he performed to expectation." DESERVES ANOTHER mean he deserves another term.

I can only disagree with the design idea because a creative brand advert should be understood at a glance. But even that will need to take the audiences whom the advert is meant for into consideration.

virginchaser:
CHECKARS unko.

Even advertising bill board in Ibadan says something about educational background of my brothers.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by CodeTemplar: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2022
Chaos14:
show almajiris too and it is done. As long as it is shown to you, you can't claim any special credit for doing it.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by CodeTemplar: 11:51am On Nov 29, 2022
StaffofOrayan:
But u charge with fossil fuel
No. They do that with solar the size of many football fields. Read the post.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by aikyg(m): 11:56am On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:
There's a place called Tinker in Coal Camp, Enugu. They'll replicate this for you and still return change for you. Most car owners that can't find their car engines in Nigeria, get new engines fabricated for them at Tinker. Don't underestimate the boys at Tinker.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Streetmovement(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

The truck na attention seeker, he go sweet to Rob for night
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by brightleave(m): 12:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
Chaos14:
grin grin aba bois no many 4 there grin grin
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Ykc2(m): 12:10pm On Nov 29, 2022
Chaos14:
una never know technology wey dey for Morden batteries this one no be shoe or bag
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by olisaEze(m): 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
Not saying it can’t work in Nigeria o, but the driver & staff fit lost one day. The road to some people’s houses is not so different from temple run. The freezers & batteries will work tirelessly in an ice block shop, while that vehicle will end up as spare parts in Ladipo! Small phone wen Jumia send person go deliver for PortHarcourt got him a messy end. Now imagine a truckload of fresh food rolling upandan in a land where hunger reigns supreme, yeah, your guess is as good as mine! grin

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by PHIPEX(m): 12:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

They will build the substandard one that can explode anytime
This is the poor mentality that kept Nigeria in the dark. Have you heard of "incremental progress"?

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Parrot69: 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Stupid OP. angry
Who asked you about anything south afrika here?
Useless boy.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by porthouse7(f): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
WannaHowzit:
Electric Truck

Shoprite Group says it is the first retailer in South Africa to pilot a heavy-duty fully-electric truck in its fleet.

Shoprite's Checkers Hyper-branded Scania Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) boasts nine batteries and solar panels fitted to its roof.

These help support a fully-electric cooling system for its refrigerated carriage, which can fit approximately 16 pallets.

Shoprite said the truck could drive around 350km on a single charge and would be used for local deliveries.

It will be recharged with renewable energy generated by Shoprite’s existing solar installations, which the company recently announced had grown so large it could cover 20 soccer fields.

Shoprite Group chief supply chain officer Andrew Havinga said the acquisition of the company’s first fully-electric truck was one of the ways it aimed to increase the energy efficiency of its fleet and reduce its environmental impact.

The truck will be driven by 28-year-old Robin Jooste from Mitchell’s Plain in Cape Town, pictured below alongside Shoprite CEO Pieter Engelbrecht (middle picture).

Glow in the Dark

“When exposed to bright (day) light, the signage can absorb and store particles,” Shoprite explained.

“This stored energy is again emitted when its dark, resulting in a glow.”

checkers no ShopRite
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Razy75g: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

���
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by OllyArt(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2022
Na my job be this
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by OllyArt(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2022
You want to make a Signage or Anything sign hit me up� wink wink
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by OYA07032601473: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
Message from oracle for this last quarter of the year, Pls avoid going to Beach or river for now the gods of River is angry many swimmers and marine will die pass the message to our relatives in Abroad
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by FreeStuffsNG: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2022
UnusualEmissary:
Technology grin grin grin
bulbs wink
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by IduNaOba: 2:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

PAMU for life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal Presented Nigerian-made Electric Car By Jelani / Need A Vehicle On An Higher Purchase Plan / KNOW YOUR AUTO DEALER/SELLER ( Contact Details )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.