Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,903 members, 7,799,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) - Autos (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) (39028 Views)

Kia Set To Produce 14 New Evs By 2027, Including An Electric Truck / Full Download. Twenty One Pilots Scaled And Icy / Cummins Beat Tesla To Heavy Duty Electric Truck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by IduNaOba: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
aikyg:

There's a place called Tinker in Coal Camp, Enugu. They'll replicate this for you and still return change for you. Most car owners that can't find their car engines in Nigeria, get new engines fabricated for them at Tinker. Don't underestimate the boys at Tinker.

Coal camp na gurus full there.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Chiraq77(m): 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
Battery and later on Hydrogen powered cars The next Big Thing
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Uzorfresh: 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2022
porthouse7:
checkers no ShopRite

Checkers is a brand that falls under the Shoprite Group.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2022
Parrot69:
Stupid OP. angry
Who asked you about anything south afrika here?
Useless boy.

maggot69gaysexposition, you're still alive? angry They haven't chopped off your empty head yet for ritual undecided
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by porthouse7(f): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2022
WannaHowzit:

Checkers is a brand that falls under the Shoprite Group.
so why writing ShopRite
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2022
porthouse7:
so why writing ShopRite

Because the project is commissioned by the Shoprite Group. Even the Shoprite CEO is the one inaugurating it.

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Daxray07(m): 3:48pm On Nov 29, 2022
I have one GUGGI shirt and CLAVIN KLEIN face cap too grin
tecnolad:

grin grin grin you want one, bro? I have Abbibas too

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by tecnolad(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
Daxray07:
I have one GUGGI shirt and CLAVIN KLEIN face cap too grin

grin grin They do the same job. Name no mean anything
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Elioandrew: 4:30pm On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

We don't deserve those guys. They been making expensive brands' products affordable for the masses.

I would know because I'm currently rocking my PAMU sneakers. grin
(Ak)'PAMU grin
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by phorget(m): 4:39pm On Nov 29, 2022
grandstar:
South Africa that suffers from as much as 8 hours of blackouts daily? grin grin

Still better than Nigeria that suffers 24hours daily.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by grandstar(m): 4:59pm On Nov 29, 2022
phorget:

Still better than Nigeria that suffers 24hours daily.

You must be South African grin grin. I absolutely meant no harm so don't take it the wrong way. I just feel the impracticability of it. I just feel an environment with constant power supply are best suited for electric vehicles.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by WannaHowzit(m): 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2022
grandstar:

You must be South African grin grin. I absolutely meant no harm so don't take it the wrong way. I just feel the impracticability of it. I just feel an environment with constant power supply are best suited for electric vehicles.

Your problem is not just a lack of power but that of poor reading skills as well. Shoprite generates its own solar energy.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Steelarmy01: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2022
tecnolad:

We don't deserve those guys. They been making expensive brands' products affordable for the masses.

Prrrrrrrrrf! Guy, yours still try. Check mine... Air Jordan Pro Max!

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 29, 2022
BigYash:
grin No go try those guys o.. If only we get workinggovernment.

Brother.can me & my friend Muhammad please smash u (like 3some) on credit for 2k each...& he also pay u 1k extra if u where nice pafume.can we arange? U WANT?? smiley
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by akwesenana: 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2022
DaddyCK:

Brother.can me & my friend Muhammad please smash u (like 3some) on credit for 2k each...& he also pay u 1k extra if u where nice pafume.can we arange? U WANT?? smiley
I swear to God I missed your stupidity. smiley
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by virginchaser(m): 6:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
netmillionaires:
The statements on the board are phrases. I do not think it is a mistake. It is not the popular statement you know. The designer is simply trying to play with words. ONE TURN GOOD is the artist/designer saying,"First term is done and he performed to expectation." DESERVES ANOTHER mean he deserves another term.

I can only disagree with the design idea because a creative brand advert should be understood at a glance. But even that will need to take the audiences whom the advert is meant for into consideration.

Umph! You really put a good defense for the contractor but i doubted if he had your illustration at heart.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Litmus: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2022
emorse:

Cheers man. cool cool

Don't stop taking these slights seriously - Johnny say na small-small Obiageli take get belle!
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by tecnolad(m): 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Steelarmy01:

Prrrrrrrrrf! Guy, yours still try. Check mine... Air Jordan Pro Max!

This one na cheerleader Jordan grin cheesy
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by phorget(m): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2022
grandstar:

You are spot on bro, your points are valid.
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Johnn78: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2022
KK
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Onyeziokwu(m): 5:33am On Nov 30, 2022
WannaHowzit:
Electric Truck

Shoprite Group says it is the first retailer in South Africa to pilot a heavy-duty fully-electric truck in its fleet.

Shoprite's Checkers Hyper-branded Scania Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) boasts nine batteries and solar panels fitted to its roof.

These help support a fully-electric cooling system for its refrigerated carriage, which can fit approximately 16 pallets.

Shoprite said the truck could drive around 350km on a single charge and would be used for local deliveries.

It will be recharged with renewable energy generated by Shoprite’s existing solar installations, which the company recently announced had grown so large it could cover 20 soccer fields.

Shoprite Group chief supply chain officer Andrew Havinga said the acquisition of the company’s first fully-electric truck was one of the ways it aimed to increase the energy efficiency of its fleet and reduce its environmental impact.

The truck will be driven by 28-year-old Robin Jooste from Mitchell’s Plain in Cape Town, pictured below alongside Shoprite CEO Pieter Engelbrecht (middle picture).

Glow in the Dark

“When exposed to bright (day) light, the signage can absorb and store particles,” Shoprite explained.

“This stored energy is again emitted when its dark, resulting in a glow.”

South Africa is always ahead. Bad leadership no gree naija see road. Likes of Dino and co, don loot us dry.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by AfriqueDuZuid: 5:43am On Nov 30, 2022
Onyeziokwu:

South Africa is always ahead. Bad leadership no gree naija see road. Likes of Dino and co, don loot us dry.

South Africa has bad leadership also
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Parrot69: 7:39am On Nov 30, 2022
WannaHowzit:

maggot69gaysexposition, you're still alive? angry They haven't chopped off your empty head yet for ritual undecided
Lol! How many of your accounts has been banned? cheesy
They will soon block this also. Poor broke jobless Wena seeking for help on a Nigerian platform
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by ComeToJesus: 9:20am On Nov 30, 2022
Innoson to the rescue
Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2022
No copy and paste with this. No be palm sandals ohhh. Bogus cash was invested for rigorous research with cutting edge state of the technology maybe you don't know. Why are aba boys not pirating iPhone!
tecnolad:

Re: Shoprite Pilots 'Glow In The Dark' Electric Truck In SA (PIX) by Steelarmy01: 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2022
tecnolad:

This one na cheerleader Jordan grin cheesy

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tambuwal Presented Nigerian-made Electric Car By Jelani / Need A Vehicle On An Higher Purchase Plan / KNOW YOUR AUTO DEALER/SELLER ( Contact Details )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.