Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,478 members, 7,781,395 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:45 PM

PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom (29494 Views)

2023: We Will Kneel, Beg Wike Not To Dump Our Party – PDP / Wike: We Have Kicked Out Godfatherism In Edo State / Wike: We Can’t Accept Expired Rice, Hunger Won’t Kill Us - Governor Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by 2mercy: 1:12pm On Nov 29, 2022
Udom Emmanuel, governor of Akwa Ibom, said “small men” in the PDP will go and prostrate before the big men who are unhappy in the party in order for PDP to win the 2023 elections.

Emmanuel, the chairman of the PDP presidential campaign council, spoke in a recent interview with ThisDay newspaper.

He admitted that PDP made some mistakes but expressed optimism that the internal wrangling will soon be over.

Emmanual said every vote is important if the PDP must win the 2023 elections.

The governor said: “We are trying to take the right step. That’s why you are asking about a few issues in our party, and I said, of course, we are making progress. We’ll resolve all issues. You can’t let anybody go in an election; every vote matters.

Every single person is important in politics, not to talk of when you’re talking about very big men. Small men like us will go and prostrate ourselves before them: please oh, big men, don’t let us down. I’m into this game to win. I don’t think anybody will get to this point and be doing permutation. What kind of permutation?

But they are not unhappy with me as Udom Emmanuel. Did they tell you they were unhappy with the party? Four of them are candidates of the party. They hold tickets of the party. They’re members of the party; you are getting it wrong.

“Even spoons and plates hit themselves and create a lot of noise; that doesn’t mean they’ve broken. It doesn’t mean they’ve broken. I think that is the situation here. For the fact that people are unhappy, it is inevitable, definitely inevitable, with a large party like PDP. It is the largest party in the whole of Africa.

“So, certainly, we all make mistakes. I must also confess as a party, we’ve made mistakes, and as individuals, we’ve made mistakes. But these mistakes, I can assure you, will not break us. We are trying to come back, review and then reappraise and see how we can move forward, and I can assure you, we’ll do that.”

Emmanuel added that the PDP will win the 2023 elections and that he wouldn’t have been the chairman of the party’s presidential campaign council if he wasn’t sure of victory.

“I say I’m not looking at any permutation. I’m going into this (election) with optimism because if I’m going with permutation, it means I shouldn’t be the chairman of the campaign council. I’m going with optimism. I would not have accepted being the chairman if I was not optimistic that I’m going to win. So, we are in the race to win. There’s no permutation in this case at all,” he said.

Five governors of the PDP led by Nyesom Wike of Rivers have been at the forefront of calls for Iyorchia Ayu to step down as national chairman of the PDP, on the grounds that the presidential candidate and chairman cannot be from the same region.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2022/11/29/pdp-will-beg-gov-wike-we-have-made-mistakes-gov-udom/?amp=1

7 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by shuttox: 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
A very big drama in PDP..Let me watch how pdp Chiarman will resign

25 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Shalommy(f): 1:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
Who are the pdp big men? And who are the small men? Confusing! undecided

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Xscape1993(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2022
Any good move that will chase away the founder of agberos in Nigeria and the evil party from the corridor of power is highly recommended and appreciated...

37 Likes 9 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by FreeStuffsNG: 1:51pm On Nov 29, 2022
PDP ti lule joor! Omoye o basho mo.....

HE Wike warned them enough but they are more interested in supporting Sen. Ayu.
check my signature for free stuffs!

48 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by omowolewa: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2022
So Ayu and Wike will now sit t to strategize on
2023 elections.

You mean Wike would seat with Ayu after those allegations of huge and undenied corruptions?

You mean after the election, Atiku will now trust Wike on any position than Ambassador to North Korea?

We dey learn

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Aboks(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wike the man

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by GboyegaD(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
I wonder why Ayu is yet to resign from his seat as the chairman of National Working Committee. I am waiting to read the reaction of Obaseki on this.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by tolumizzy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wike virus

6 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Dshocker(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wike is the lion of tribe of PDP

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by beautyhd: 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2022
PDP and their continuous palava.

If they want to apologize to Wike, they should do so and stop disturbing people on this cyber space.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Jugangaspesh(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
We all make mistakes

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by AzuNas: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Alright. . . . . . .Aje

Wike d wiked.

I think say Wike no get level na,abi no b only one vote Wike get again.

Abeg

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by salbis(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Mistakes are part of life. Don't dwell on mistakes, make corrections and move on!
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Corrinthians(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Chaiii. These guys really need rivers treasury. They know what a cheerful giver Wike is. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by crossfm: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2022
Hehehe .

The self accliamed unifier should stop listening to clowns who promise him millions of votes without these 5 governor's .

My question is,what is Ayu bringing to the table that Atiku can't sacrify him for peace to reign?.

If Atiku want to win this election,he must make peace with these guys,most of them have nothing to lose.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by ComeHappy(f): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
Wike na your mate?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by TheRealMalcolmX(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
undecided

You may laugh at wike for his petulant behaviour but it is a good thing that the north is beginning to realise that they don't hold all the power. Atiku shouldn't even be on the ballot........

It's sad that Tinubu is old, he would have been in the best position to put these northerners in their place. Hope Obi wins, if he doesn't, let the old man win. On no account should Atiku and the Big-mouthed Okowa near the villa.

Should've been Osibanjo Vs Wike Vs Obi.......It's the turn of the south.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by lifeandjoy: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2022
I see Wike not supporting Atiku.
I see the G5 governor's coming together to make sure Obi is elected president.
I see Nigeria becoming a prosperous nation after Peter Obi's inguration.
All these I have seen.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Creamypie(m): 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2022
Na rivers money pdp dey wan tap into for election. Delta own don dey in their kitty already.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Anietieo: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2022

1 Like

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Houseofglam7(f): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
undecided
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by money121(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
Ok
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by SmartyPants(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2022
Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Moh247: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2022
grin

Dino Melaye and Ayu doing gragra before

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by humberjade: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
The damage done is irreversible at this juncture. I mean, how can anyone of the G5 Governors trust Atiku after all the 360 U-turns he has done for the past 5 years or there about?
And how can anybody from the Atiku side trust Wike not the rock the boat from the inside? undecided Atiku is not trustworthy, and Wike is too difficult a person to keep close.

Don't get me wrong, they could still find ways to work together to get victorious for their party at the State and Federal levels respectively, but we all know they will all part ways after the election, win or lose.

Trust has been broken, ego bruised, and too many cats let out of the bag.

9 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by Angelfrost(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2022
When exactly is PDP going to beg Nigeria and Nigerians for forgiveness for wasting 16 years of our democracy, and allowing in a useless party like APC?!!

That's actually the first thing I expect from Atiku and his 40 thieves... Not chasing after the idiot in Rivers state like bitches in heat!

2 Likes

Re: PDP Will Beg Wike, We Have Made Mistakes - Governor Udom by ogmask: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2022
Misleading headline.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Are Still A Dictator -PDP Tells Buhari ….APC Anti-Corruption Crusade, A Sham / "Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Remi Tinubu: I Fight For Myself, I Don’t Report Anyone To Jagaban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.