Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? (385 Views)

Have Just Been Diagnosed With Herpes / I Have Been Diagnosed With Bronchitis And Pneumonia (Photos) / I've Been Diagnosed With Stage 1 Colon Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by Abdullahi4u7(m): 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2022
Worldwide, medicine believes that glaucoma is incurable.

So when you visit the hospital and get diagnosed with glaucoma, the best they do is place you on eye drops that can help maintain your intraocular pressure within the safe range and ask you to keep coming for check ups - iop test mostly.

But I think there should be lifestyle habits that can help improve glaucoma without being totally dependent on eye drops. I am also wondering if there are certain herbs that could help a glaucoma patient.

So I decided to throw the question here and get answers firsthand from people who have suffered or are suffering from glaucoma.

PS: Please don't tell me Nairaland isn't an hospital. I know that myself and I visit the hospital a lot. But doctors don't know everything. In fact, I onced asked an opthalmologist if there were lifestyle habits that could worsen glaucoma and he said no, ignorantly. Additionally, there are other safer and better ways of treating certain conditions that are, unfortunately, not practised in modern medicine.

Dominique, moving this to front page could get me and other persons more answers, please.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by MufasaLion: 8:24pm On Nov 29, 2022
You visit clinics often, talked to an ophthalmologist and you also said doctors don't know it all.

Dude, you are a typical educated but unenlightened individual. You came here to seek validation on your nonsense assertion.

This is why many of you go blind, have deteriorating health or even die because you are used to shortcut, hearsays and unprofessional advise.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by Abdullahi4u7(m): 11:18am On Nov 30, 2022
sansmiller:
Glaucoma is a chronic eye condition that can lead to vision loss if left untreated. Early diagnosis and treatment is essential to preserving vision. assisted living facilities I have not been diagnosed with glaucoma, but I have regular eye exams to check for early signs of the disease.
Great.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by Abdullahi4u7(m): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
Nairaland is a great platform. But some people are bent on making it hellish for its members.

In any sane society, you would expect a simple question to get helpful answers or where possible, silence ( when people don't have answers).

Also, in any sane society, people's personal opinions are either respected or criticized constructively.

But when you come to Nairaland with your questions and personal opinions, some people who have no idea whatsoever concerning them would immediately condemn you, throw insults at you and in some cases, rain curses on you.

Don't ever make the mistake of quoting them to throw insults at them too. Just ignore them and find answers to your questions elsewhere.

That is how to kill them. They would be waiting for you to quote them so that the unnecessary argument and insults can continue but they would never get it.

I was shocked by the statements of the first person that commented on this post. But like I already advised, it's better to always ignore such persons and find answers to your questions elsewhere.

If you have glaucoma and are curious about my questions and opinions, you will find these screenshots helpful. I got them elsewhere.

Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by Kingkyle1(m): 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
Continue.
Re: Have You Ever Been Diagnosed With Glaucoma? by Abdullahi4u7(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2022
This is still open to useful contributions.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Gunpowder Green Tea? And It's Health Benefits / Relieve Knee And Ankle Pain / All High Blood Pressure Patients Should Use This Aloe Vera Solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.