Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible (1263 Views)

A Carryover Student Once Said? / Having A Carryover Or An E In A Course Which Is Better? / TASUED Fresh Graduate Commits Suicide Over Possible Carryover (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Okayalle: 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
I feel very terrible and depressed right now, I'm a 300 level student in one of the state university in Nigeria. When I got newly admitted into the tertiary institution in my 100 level , I had this goal of graduating with a first class something I have been working on right from my 100 level days.

My first and second semester results were littered with A's and B's except two D's in my first and second semesters respectively which leaved me with a very sound 4.59 cgpa.

My first semester results in 200 level didn't go well at all, I had alot C's, two A's, a B and a D in a 3 unit course which brought my cgpa to 4.27

Seeing this I took it as a challenge to make sure I eradicated all the C's in my results in second semester and this I did very well, with A's and B's all over my results.

Then the worst tragedy struck me I got an F in a course which I least expected owing to the fact that I prepared well for this course like I did with the others.

I feel like there's a mix up somewhere as this can never be my result, wetin concern me and F. I went to my course adviser, she said it doesn't concern her and that I should meet the lecturer of the course if I have any grievance.

With the way things are going there won't be any headway and I just have to carryover a course I'm sure I did quite well to at least secure a C. A friend adviced I should not pursue it further as this lecturers can be very mean and frustrate your life in the university.

My people this is very terrible and depressing for someone like me who detest failure.

I don't know what to do I feel so terrible right now, can I still get the first class I have always targeted?

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Onucs(m): 4:37pm On Nov 30, 2022
Failing is necessary for a huge success.

Look, I don't know y u r so keen about making first class. But if ur reason is it's gonna make u succeed, then u got it all mixed up.

Do not waste ur time nursing depression simply because u can't get a first class. I advice u invest dat time in building urself instead , because in the end, that is what will definitely guarantee ur future.

5 Likes

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Rexymania(m): 5:14pm On Nov 30, 2022
Just calm down... Life is not what you think it is. Good luck buddy ��

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Richy4(m): 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2022
If u are 100% certain, u knew what you wrote, please pursue it further...
<< What is stopping you from booking an appointment to meet the lecture?
<< You are scared of him/her in order not to be victimized ?
<<How would you meet a director for a raise salary wise when u graduate especially when you think u deserves it?
<< This is the best time to do it.. Approach him and with boldness but with good manners and explained to him/her that what you saw was not your scores that there was a mixup ..
<<This is your career,... It is an individual race.. don't let anyone tell u otherwise..
<< Come to think of it..why are Nigerian students scared of their lectures?.. are they not supposed to be your guidance towards your career? Why are u afraid of someone showing u the best pathways to your career endeavour?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by LOVEGINO(m): 7:06pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okayalle:
I feel very terrible and depressed right now, I'm a 300 level student in one of the state university in Nigeria. When I got newly admitted into the tertiary institution in my 100 level , I had this goal of graduating with a first class something I have been working on right from my 100 level days.

My first and second semester results were littered with A's and B's except two D's in my first and second semesters respectively which leaved me with a very sound 4.59 cgpa.

My first semester results in 200 level didn't go well at all, I had alot C's, two A's, a B and a D in a 3 unit course which brought my cgpa to 4.27

Seeing this I took it as a challenge to make sure I eradicated all the C's in my results in second semester and this I did very well, with A's and B's all over my results.

Then the worst tragedy struck me I got an F in a course which I least expected owing to the fact that I prepared well for this course like I did with the others.

I feel like there's a mix up somewhere as this can never be my result, wetin concern me and F. I went to my course adviser, she said it doesn't concern her and that I should meet the lecturer of the course if I have any grievance.

With the way things are going there won't be any headway and I just have to carryover a course I'm sure I did quite well to at least secure a C. A friend adviced I should not pursue it further as this lecturers can be very mean and frustrate your life in the university.

My people this is very terrible and depressing for someone like me who detest failure.

I don't know what to do I feel so terrible right now, can I still get the first class I have always targeted?

sniper price is still d same since January.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by workchopNG: 7:21pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okayalle:

A friend adviced I should not pursue it further as this lecturers can be very mean and frustrate your life in the university.

Hey, I understand your frustration and all whatnot, we all do set a goal oke time or the other at the end, only a handful of those goals come out as expected. Let me drop some words for you.

1. That advice from your friend is a very bad one. Make sure you meet the lecturer to confirm that your result is correct. Don't listen to that friend, he may be discouraging you because he's not happy with how good your result is.

If you don't meet that lecturer, then forget about first class.

2. Assuming the 'F' result is a mistake, and gets corrected, its still hard for you to get a first class.

3. In as much as first class is good, 2:1 is very much in the same league with first class.

4. Being successful and fulfilled in life have nothing to do with your result. Make sure you're acquiring skills as much as you're acquiring those nice results.

It's not all about the result even though its good to get good results. I graduated over 10byears ago and I can tell you the most fulfilled and successful in my class are those that made 2:2 and 3rd class.

Never trouble yourself because of result, make sure acquire skills.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Quenncee: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okayalle:

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by DrPurple(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2022
LOVEGINO:

Grow Up!

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by LOVEGINO(m): 8:41pm On Nov 30, 2022
DrPurple:

Grow Up!
who grow up epp? Tinubu is our future president.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
I hate to fail.Talkmore of multiple failure.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Fakbrown: 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Oga jux look for strong 2.1 no go kill yourself
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2022
Okayalle:

Oga go and meet the Dean of ur dept, don't carry that course over, a lecturer in ur dept has noticed u and wants to truncate ur chances of getting a job/automatic scholarship by the school, dats how lecturers do, once u see u will be d first person to get a First class they would stop it at all costs cos u re going to be sharing spaces with them, Apply for remarking of ur scripts and if u re not satisfied u get justice, write to the VC through the HOD, Dean, Registrar to the VC, that you want a recheck of ur course code and script as you feel there's this a mixup of results, and to make sure your results are what is uploaded,
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 30, 2022
LOVEGINO:
the only thing government did not increase.dem wan give us easy Access to death grin

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by pheelhip(m): 1:29am On Dec 01, 2022
Okayalle:

Please and please, if you re sure of what you wrote in the exam hall, don't let go of that grade, go to your HOD, let him know, he did tell you what to do then go to the lecturer and place a request to see your marked script.

The psychological stress of rewriting a carry over course no be for here. What if another course clashed with the date of rewriting the exam.

Just go and pick up the complaint form if there's anything like that. Be a pain in the ass of the evil lecturers. You might later get to regret it if you don't try.

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by LOVEGINO(m): 3:41am On Dec 01, 2022
Letmehelpyou:
the only thing government did not increase.dem wan give us easy Access to death grin
hahahaha.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Zonefree(m): 11:39am On Dec 01, 2022
pheelhip:

Please and please, if you re sure of what you wrote in the exam hall, don't let go of that grade, go to your HOD, let him know, he did tell you what to do then go to the lecturer and place a request to see your marked script.

The psychological stress of rewriting a carry over course no be for here. What if another course clashed with the date of rewriting the exam.

Just go and pick up the complaint form if there's anything like that. Be a pain in the ass of the evil lecturers. You might later get to regret it if you don't try.
All these stress to what gain? Buhari is the President of the most populous black nation in the world yet he's just a Nepa bill holder.

Advise the OP to get a skill while schooling instead of struggling to make unnecessary grades his children will not inherit when he dies.

1 Like

Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by pheelhip(m): 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
Zonefree:

All these stress to what gain? Buhari is the President of the most populous black nation in the world yet he's just a Nepa bill holder.

Advise the OP to get a skill while schooling instead of struggling to make unnecessary grades his children will not inherit when he dies.

I adviced him based on what you wrote and I spoke from my undergraduate experience.

If you from your end tell him to get necessary skill, it won't be a bad idea. He never said he needed help on which skill to get.

Don't use Buhari as a yard stick in this context.
If grades are unnecessary to you, it can't be so unnecessary to someone else.

You didn't even bother advising him as regarding the subject matter, you came to attack me directly, you can do better.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by GambaOsaka: 2:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
The same Lecturer that will make you carryover his course for not attending class, is asking government to pay eight months salary wey e no attend work.
Re: Just Got A Carryover Feel So Depressed And Terrible by Nko1: 3:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Retake it

(1) (Reply)

“we Are Sorry” – Chrisland Schools Apologizes Over Whitney Adeniran’s De@th / 5 Commonest Words You Pronounce Wrongly. Number One Will Shock You. / Unad Week End Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.