Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money (730 Views)

Help,i Just Did Something Bad To A Lady And I Feel Guilty!UPDATED / "I Can't Settle For Less. If You Don't Have Money Back Off" - Nigerian Woman / "Stop Pestering Me; I Don't Give Free Sex" - Zimbabwean Lady Tells Ex (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by KalioPeter: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2022
I don't really know what's wrong with me, I always feel bad when I'm not helping people around.
My conscience hunts me for long, I don't know what to do.

My major focus is my family, And I make sure I do everything for them, especially my Mom, but still, I can't stop thinking about my neighbors and people around.
Even though I don't associate much with anyone, I still feel the need to always help out with something.

Another problem is, I'm always confused, as to what would be the perfect gift?
I don't want to make it seem like I'm looking down on anyone, or insulting anyone with my little/petty gifts or money.

Worst is that I don't have enough money, I'm just 17 and still trying to get things together.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by hbk001(m): 6:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Bro,you better focus on your life and put it together and stop worrying over something that isn't to be worried about.
Even if you give your life, omo aiye won't be satisfied.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by iLegendd(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2022
I have been in your shoe. Always want to help, but I finally learned how to care less.

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by ednut1(m): 7:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
You will never go far in life this way. If you blow tomorrow and help everyone. The day you go broke they will leave you behind. My uncle was a Father Christmas helping everyone, sponsored relatives to university and all. While his stingy wife was building houses. Today the wife has 5 houses paying her rent . Him one house and no longer rich like before lol

3 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by 2dice01: 7:17pm On Nov 30, 2022
Because Sapa never do you isekuse grin that is why

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Truvelisback(m): 8:05pm On Nov 30, 2022
KalioPeter:
I don't really know what's wrong with me, I always feel bad when I'm not helping people around.

My major focus is my family, And I make sure I do everything for them, especially my Mom, but still, I can't stop thinking about my neighbors and people around.
Even though I don't associate much with anyone, I still feel the need to always help out with something.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm looking down on anyone, or insulting anyone with my little/petty gifts or money.

Worst is that I don't have enough money, I'm just 17 and still trying to get things together.
Just be very careful sha. Sometimes being good and generous to people can kill u. I'm talking from experience. Sometimes, it is just good to be wicked.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2022
KalioPeter:

y don't u go and register The Giving pledge " and make sure all ur money is given to charity immediately after ur death
Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 30, 2022
iLegendd:
I have been in your shoe. Always want to help, but I finally learned how to care less.
so you have become heartless
Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by salveoP(m): 8:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
Kai...I finally found someone with my same kind of personality. Op, you are just another version of me.

In my own case, people are actually taking undue advantage of it and I still find it difficult to turn a new leaf.

Guess I will learn from all the comments here...
Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2022
I was once like you, but I had to learn my lesson the hard way.

Back in varsity I had these 3 people that I thought were my friends, but it turns out that they were only with me for the money.

Two of my close friends warned me about them, but I didn't listen because of my kind gesture.

It's like these three people always had money problems whenever they saw me and one of them even started cooking less at her place, and would come to me asking for takeaways and sometimes she'd also come with her friends and expect me to also buy them something to eat.

My eyes finally opened during my final year and I decided that I was going to pretend to be broke, pretend that my family back at home are having financial problems and that my bursary has also not started sending me my monthly allowance.

So, I decided that I was going to ask these three people one by one for financial assistance even if it's just a R300, both of them first asked me when I was going to pay them back even before they could agree as the whether they were going to help me or not.

I had to nicely remind them of all the things I did for them without asking for any paybacks, immediately they ghosted me and I haven't heard from them since then.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Streetmovement(m): 10:19pm On Nov 30, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Op, I been dey give pass you o

But Since the day 2 of my ex-hood Nigga's betrayed me and it almost resulted to bodies dropping since that day I've learnt the art of giving with caution and applying wisdom.

I focus more on my family and my circle cuz they've been having my back from day one

I no dey give anybody more than what they deserve to avoid stories that touches

Apply your Akanuche make you no loseguard for a zero zero hour

2 Likes

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by Truvelisback(m): 7:16am On Dec 01, 2022
Op, being good and generous to people is not always good. Sometimes, u just need to be wicked. As u know, good people rarely live long but Wicked people do.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Feel Guilty When I Don't Give, Even When I Don't Have Money by headbasher96(m): 8:39am On Dec 01, 2022
Only a fo.ol will displease himself to please other people how much your family don give since u sabi something na only money for your casket them go fit get

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Make Mistake In Marriage / I Need Your Advice Romancelanders / She Claim She Took Her Self Out For Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.