Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,193 members, 7,780,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:29 PM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (53994 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Aladeintl: 11:02pm On Nov 30, 2022
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

92 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by 9gerian: 11:15pm On Nov 30, 2022
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

211 Likes 18 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by FreeStuffsNG: 12:20am On Dec 01, 2022
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.
check my signature for free stuffs!

248 Likes 21 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Billgatessecond: 12:31am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

I don't care what you guys say cus I am only speaking the way I c things it's Ur business if u like die in the thread .. you can say you hate yorubas too and I won't call you a fool most of you ehhnnnn

God will help u guys

148 Likes 15 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:49am On Dec 01, 2022
50 yams...?

wow

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:50am On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba,Mr Alaafin was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala

116 Likes 16 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nyascobar1414: 5:47am On Dec 01, 2022
Why are most men so proud in marrying repented non-virgins... Some even spend money for this retired bed veterans..

The fall of real men

26 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Sucre6: 7:55am On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
50 yams...?

wow

50 yams no even plenty, try imo state, I am from Enugu state so I know what I am saying

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Mercury12(m): 7:56am On Dec 01, 2022
Yorubas don't sell their daughters.

God bless sons and daughters of Ododuwa.

136 Likes 13 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Mercury12(m): 8:02am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha

Edit:
Some specific people are crying in my mentions. I never mention any tribes name. I only referred to Yoruba haters and the fact that Yoruba don't sell their daughter.
I said what I said so y'all haters keep wailing for eternity undecided

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by headbasher96(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2022
Make the list costly and see your daughters remain at home no be us them the do na their selves any tribe that want to put 1b price tag put na to see who go come marry be the thing so marriage no be my problem na when naija go better the worry me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by oneolajire(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2022
This is true.

The list my family issued for those who came to marry my sisters and cousins are a bit lesser than this.

The list I paid my in-law is actually lesser than this.

Bride price is not a family enrichment project.

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Das1mama: 8:44am On Dec 01, 2022
WOW me way sabi PRICE WELL!! although no be the MONEY be KOKO .... the THING wey u dey PAY for WORTH d PRICE.. u fit carry d MONEY for COW go BUY GOAT but u NO go fit carry GOAT price PAY for COW except DEM wan DASH you...

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by gonkin(m): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2022
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river

21 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nostring: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala
carry your nzogbu nzogbu way of life Comot the nice thread undecided

110 Likes 10 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by traihit: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2022
oneolajire:
This is true.

The list my family issued for those who came to marry my sisters and cousins are a bit lesser than this.

The list I paid my in-law is actually lesser than this.

Bride price is not a family enrichment project.

The good side of this is that Yoruba women are always assertive in their husband's house.

You can't cheat them there and you'd go free like that. The bad side is that some of them without self control may easily fight and pack out of their husband's house.

I think among the three tribes, Yoruba women are the most assertive in marriage and it's due to their understanding of how marriage is meant to be. You work, and I work to bring food to the table.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by 9gerian: 9:27am On Dec 01, 2022
But they are usually very understanding and have little or no entitlement mentality. Best outlook ever.

They work hard and try to contribute to the the development of the home front.

traihit:

The good side of this is that Yoruba women are always assertive in their husband's house.

You can't cheat them there and you'd go free like that. The bad side is that some of them without self control may easily fight and pack out of their husband's house.

I think among the three tribes, Yoruba women are the most assertive in marriage and it's due to their understanding of how marriage is meant to be. You work, and I work to bring food to the table.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by LogicBomb8: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2022
4 basket of pepper missing

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by crixlight2(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
50 yams...?

wow
That 50 yams is on paper ooo, they don’t count it most people end up buying 30…. But just make sure the yam big

28 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Yhemzie(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2022
LogicBomb8:
4 basket of pepper missing

The thread is not meant for kids.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Parkflash(f): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river

I laugh in Swahili grin

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Chris2863(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Nawa oo. Nah drunkards full the family cheesy

34 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by LogicBomb8: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2022
Yhemzie:

The thread is not meant for kids.
huncle buy me piskit la

6 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by kmaster007: 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
20 at least
OloYeOfEgbE:
50 yams...?

wow
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Slawomirr: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright...

This niggar never see Bini own

Bini own is the cheapest

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by drizslim(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
All these for her to come to my house and wreck me with undiluted pepper

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by 1gbdata: 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
cool
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by FamTomx2(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
cheesy

Good bush meat?!!
Inukwa! And some are here talking about animal rights grin

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by sammirano: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
We are not greedy and selfish like a typical flatskull. However, I will disown any of my family that dates a Flartron. angry

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ecolime(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
drizslim:
All these for her to come to my house and wreck me with undiluted pepper
This is an age-long exaggeration.

True, Yorubas eat pepper but it's not as spicy as other tribes tout it to be.

In Rivers state, their Asun is always garnished with plenty pepper and people there eat it like it's normal. Me wey be Yoruba boy, I have to take it home and rinse the meat with water before I can eat it. To eat ordinary rice and stew here sef na war, person go dey sweat under AC.

Funny enough, these same guys go dey yab my tribe say we like pepper. I'm like, are you normal? undecided

So, I disagree with your comment.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Omniman(m): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
grin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
We don't sell our women here in Yorubaland.

36 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Flies His Mother To US, She Sheds Tears Of Joy, Refuses To Sleep / Stella Solomon Peter Goes Missing, Have You Seen Her? (photo) / Twin Brothers Celebrate Their 80th Birthday (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.