Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:37 PM

World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians (22937 Views)

The Super Eagles Will Receive $24m If They Win The World Cup - Pinnick / Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians Over FIFA Sanction, Reveals Why Abdullahi Played / Nigeria Can Win 2018 World Cup – Pinnick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by robosky02(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
World Cup: This could’ve been Nigeria’s tournament – Pinnick apologizes to Nigerians

Former President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, has apologized to Nigerians over Super Eagles’ failure to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

The 2022 FIFA World Cup is ongoing, with some teams already through to the Round of 16 stages.

Recall that the Super Eagles failed to qualify for Qatar 2022 for the first time since 2006 after playing a 1-1 draw with arch-rivals Ghana in Abuja a few months ago.

Speaking on Arise TV on Thursday, Pinnick, who is currently in Qatar, insisted that this year’s World Cup could have been Nigeria’s tournament, adding that he took responsibility for Super Eagles’ failure not to be at the global football festival.

This [Qatar 2022] could have been Nigeria’s World Cup. Osimhen would have been like what Maradona was in 1986 in that World Cup,” Pinnick said.

“Like I told the African teams [like Senegal and Morocco], we want an African team to win it [ the World Cup], but if you people don’t, Nigeria will be the first to win it, maybe in the next World Cup.

“When they are playing on the field, I take them as Nigerian. And again, I will apologize to Nigerians and I take responsibility as the then President of the Federation, but I believe we have gone beyond that now.”

He added, “Let us enjoy the World Cup. Qatar has given us a wonderful spectacle to behold, and I believe we should enjoy it. I am a proud Nigerian and am happy to be here to represent the country with dignity at any time.”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/01/world-cup-this-couldve-been-nigerias-tournament-pinnick-apologizes-to-nigerians/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by robosky02(m): 3:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Imaging amaju speaking grammar

Hmmmmm. When Nigerians are pained

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Promise47(m): 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
This man should be in jail now he is a criminal and a theive wicked man

110 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by HarlequinLekex: 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
He resembles a baboon.

70 Likes 7 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nope, we would have gone there and done badly.

Osimhen is good, but the thing is, we don't have a strong enough side to play around him yet...which is why we are not in Qatar.

38 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Felabrity: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
You are a failure, just like Buhari

66 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Nanorest: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Amaju pinnick is the educated version of Tinubu.

16 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by ipobarecriminals: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
sad white beard THIEF

We thank God dem nor qualify.Nah to LOOT the treasury /pack their families go watch am on the bill of Taxpayers / make those wingless Creatures go disgrace us and runaway to their respective club after

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by edungene7: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
This criminal with useless apologies after intentional acts to cause pain to soccer loving Nigerians

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Dshocker(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pinnick was so greedy that he interferes in the selection of team players.

Collects bribe from Nigerian players that plays for European clubs, so they can be featured in matches.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by tolumizzy(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bastard.....after playing politics on NFF

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by SenatePresdo(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
You don't need to apologise, even Italy didn't qualify, that's football for you.

If Football was that straightforward, there would not be anything like Bet9ja, Betking and Sporty bet by now, because everybody for Don blow grin

11 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by ednut1(m): 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nigeria would have lost 2 draw 1. Shey you dey whine us ni

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Haydens: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
https://forms.gle/addecDE7rCriW26E6
Please help me fill this questionnaire. Thanks
Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Parachoko: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
I can't believe the senior team will become a mess under this man leadership.

I heard he did well in Delta State, so I had a lot of high expectation when he became the NFF head.

Our Male and Female football league is now nothing to write home about.

I wander why we can't go and learn from the South Africans how they are getting their local league right.

10 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
A joke of a trash kid...

If no be say naija no get sense, that man suppose dey clean stadium..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by SIMONEKPA7: 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
Resign oga

5 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Akfrenzy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
;Dwerey

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Mercury12(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
But why do u have to remind us nah.
We don move.
Una don dey disappoint Nigerians no be today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Xristars(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
He resembles a baboon.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by NwaNimo1(m): 8:21pm On Dec 01, 2022

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Lacash: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
robosky02:
World Cup: This could’ve been Nigeria’s tournament – Pinnick apologizes to Nigerians

https://dailypost.ng/2022/12/01/world-cup-this-couldve-been-nigerias-tournament-pinnick-apologizes-to-nigerians/
Basket mouth don start to lick again ooo, oh ooh ooh ooh ooooh grin

2 Likes

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Vincyman: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
robosky02:
Imaging amaju speaking grammar

Hmmmmm. When Nigerians are pained
na only u carry pain put for Nigeria matter oo

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by b0rn2fuck(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
They would have been disgrace as usual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by jericco1(m): 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nigeria might not score a goal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by FuckSilly: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
Thunder fire you oloriburuku

THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO SECTOR IN THIS UNHOLY COUNTRY THAT AN AWÙSÁ FOOL ANI FOOL CAN NOT AND HAS NOT DESTROYED WITH CORRUPTION.

GO TO ANY PUBLIC OFFICE IN ABUJA, 90% OF WORKFORCE ARE THESE SAVAGE PARASITES.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Atheistan: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tarrhhhh we for dey last in group....kuku comot for group stage.
Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by DevilSignature: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
angry

Baba feed fat at the expense of NFF money

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Pinnick Apologizes To Nigerians by Kenneth4u205(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
Super chickens would have embarrassed us on a national level.

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

After Mayorga, Two More Women To Step Up With Allegations Against Ronaldo / Kolo Toure Tricked Student Into Affair Lying He Was A Car Salesman / Amodu Shuaibu Named NFF Technical Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.