Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa (24033 Views)

Rowland Ewere As A Captain Of Bendel Insurance Fc Then Was A Delight / Aliou Cisse And The Teranga Lions: A Show Of Bravery / Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN 2018 Finals - 4 - 0 (Full-Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Flamemignon1(m): 6:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
stanluiz:
Am very proud of Morroco.

But those guys don't play like Africans we know. They play like Europeans.
Many of them don't categorize themselves as Africans but rather Arabs,I stayed in Marrakech for a week in 2019 and some (the elders) took offence referring them to Africans,they may be African by residence but Arab by culture

4 Likes

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Eriokanmi: 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
christejames:
We need to take our football serious from the grassroots like Morrocco
Remove politics and corruption and all will be well. All our super ducks are paying heavily to secure jerseys. Tell me why they'd not mess up...its annoying when people call them super chickens...they're ducks.

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by ALFADOS(m): 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
iwadae:
Nice one

I have a dream, One day an African country will lift the World Cup
not a dream it's a reality
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Flamemignon1(m): 6:44pm On Dec 01, 2022
Godfullsam:
One day, an African country will win the world cup.
That's good but we should stop seeking western validation, it's doing us no good,if only we can improve on our league

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Lukuluku69(m): 6:45pm On Dec 01, 2022
siofra:
Wow

Sometimes I forget Morocco is an African country.

Didn't they exclude themselves from the African Union?

That was to protest the African Union recognition of a break away Saharawi Arab from Morroco known as the Polisario.

The Morrocans considered them a part of of Morocco.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahrawi_Arab_Democratic_Republic

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Komu1048(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:
Morocco today, has proven to the world that the world cup is a levelling ground for all and that no team should be underrated.
Apparently, Belgium and Croatia were the top ranked team before the world cup began and nobody gave Morocco and Canada any chance of progressing into the next round. Hence, it wasn't expected of Morocco to pull up any form of surprises.

However, the team should much believe and courage by defiling the odds before them to set up a world cup story that will forever last.

Just like Senegal, Morocco have once again proven that in subsequent world cups, African teams can go as far as winning the trophy with the proper energy and astute display of tactical discipline.

Nigeria top their group in Afcon n later lost the round of 16, I c Morroco doing that at the world stage
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Morocco might even qualify for the quarter finals...

No be beans.
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Enemyofpeace: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Shame on the Nigerian super chickens

People wey because of Peugeot 504 go join Ogboni in 1989, them no live to see Lamborghini

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
pocohantas:
And they don’t look African.
I heard they don’t even like being seen as Africans, but they don’t have a choice. We are together, all of us. grin
We aren't together.

If a people say they're not a part of you, don't force any association with them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by humberjade: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Moroccan football is on a very fast rise, both male and female.
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Passionnn: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I dey tell you

Imagine a group way Belgium and Croatia dey

Na im Morocco for top group

He sure say world cup na the highest tournament

And the first African nations way go fit lift this trophy no doubt go be from North Africa

Algeria, morroco, Tunisia or Egypt...these four people on a good day sabi play o
Quality football is in West Africa too.... Nigeria, Ghana, Senegal and of course Cameroon in central Africa. Racist referees limited our potentialities in the past.
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Flamemignon1(m): 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
SIRTee15:

Morocco that's even claiming to be west Africans.
Maybe recently because the old ones hate referring to themselves as Africans,I stayed in Marrakech for a month and they really took when we would have have talks about Pan-Africanism
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Cmanforall: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Flamemignon1:

What does that have to do with anything? They will still have the same chance if any other country was hosting them
No, the timing of the year and fatigue from top league players plus the weather can be of advantage to African/Asian players

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by dyera(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
siofra:
Wow
Sometimes I forget Morocco is an African country.
Didn't they exclude themselves from the African Union?
You do realize that few years ago Morocco tried to become a member of ECOWAS.

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Akugbe24(m): 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
Most likely they will face Germany. And the German team I have watched so far are beatable.
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Ray07(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Godfullsam:
One day, an African country will win the world cup.
na this year o not one day. Semi sure for Africa grin
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by siofra(f): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
dyera:

You do realize that few years ago Morocco tried to become a member of ECOWAS.

Lol and they also tried to join the EU too
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by siofra(f): 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lukuluku69:

That was to protest the African Union recognition of a break away Saharawi Arab from Morroco known as the Polisario.

The Morrocans considered them a part of of Morocco.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahrawi_Arab_Democratic_Republic

Okay. Thanks, will read on this.

1 Like

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by benardtotti(m): 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
pocohantas:
I heard they don’t even like being seen as Africans, but they don’t have a choice. We are together, all of us. grin

Not true they have always identified with Africa just like Libya, infact they tried to join Ecowas, but it hasn't sailed through.

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by TakeNigeriaBack: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Brendaniel:
Tinubu brought Buhari, his words not my words....

Tinubu's 1 vote made Buhari president? Your brain is licking brain fluid.

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Omodua(m): 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:
Morocco today, has proven to the world that the world cup is a levelling ground for all and that no team should be underrated.
Apparently, Belgium and Croatia were the top ranked team before the world cup began and nobody gave Morocco and Canada any chance of progressing into the next round. Hence, it wasn't expected of Morocco to pull up any form of surprises.

However, the team should much believe and courage by defiling the odds before them to set up a world cup story that will forever last.

Just like Senegal, Morocco have once again proven that in subsequent world cups, African teams can go as far as winning the trophy with the proper energy and astute display of tactical discipline.
Morocco will go places. They have football culture. Well disciplined bunch with determination to succeed.

They have virile league in their country. They do not depend on foreign legion to prosecute matches for them. Most of the players are drawn from local league and they play together with good understanding and coaching. Always blend.

This is the reason they have won the CAF Cup, Confederation Cup and Super Cup. The women champions Cup also won by the country. Virtually all CAF organised cups in Africa. Their national team coach is local, a Moroccan who understands their football philosophy.

Compare it with Nigeria where the league has been deliberately killed so that they could continue to import abroad based players for pecuniary gains. Hardy you see a local based player in super eagles because he has nothing to offer the officials and NFF Big wigs.

Amaju Pinnick never had time for local league npfl. He was interested in bringing in Nigerian Born players based abroad. He gains a lot from their inclusion because they part with some heavy doughs. He also go for foreign coaches who, at best,not better than carpenters. He colludes with them to cheat. Hence his objection to hiring local coaches.

The latest foreign coach he hired from Portugal knows nothing about football. A wayside coach in Nigeria is better than him.

Sadly, Amaju Pinnick has anointed a lackey to take over from him. He is Ibrahim Gusau from Zamfara. Till the date,the new Boss lacks ideas to move Nigeria football forward. Still taking instructions from him on what to do.

Meanwhile the league is in Limbo. No definite kick off of the league. This is happening when Moroccan league has gone halfway.

It's a sad development!

4 Likes

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Angelfrost(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Great kudos to team Morocco! They have done well.

However, they still need to get back and work on their defense! It gets tougher from here on!

I believe they have what it takes to go the distance in this tournament.
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by God2man2again(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Having played a goalless draw with Croatia, I saw a well balance team because Croatia is a very strong team.

Any team that will defeat Morocco in this tournament will have to go extra mile.

Bravo Moroccan!

Felicitations Moroccan!

Allez Moroccan!

Congratulations to all Africans.

Two spots in the round of 16, probably one or two spot in the quarterfinals.

Germans are beatable, Spanish team is hot.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by pocohantas(f): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
benardtotti:

Not true they have always identified with Africa just like Libya, infact they tried to join Ecowas, but it hasn't sailed through.

You are telling me not true for a topic I have seen way too many times on Quora? Lol
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Brendaniel: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
TakeNigeriaBack:

Tinubu's 1 vote made Buhari president? Your brain is licking brain fluid.

Tinubu said he made Buhari president, except you want to tell me Tinubu is a liar...

https://www.icirnigeria.org/tinubu-to-buhari-i-made-you-president/

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/06/03/tinubu-i-made-buhari-president-osinbajo-vp-abiodun-governor-2/amp/
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by Angelfrost(m): 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Badgers14:
Lesson to learn here..

Hardwork pays.. when we work together we can move mountains.

Let's not forget that Greece won Euro 2004.

This was back when the euro great players atwere still in thier prime... Figo,Nesta, Maldini, nedved, Viera, Henry, desailly, trezeguet, gattuso, seedorf, Edgar Davis, van Basten etc

France did it too against all odds in 1998... Leicester pulled it off!

This world cup can be won by any team fully prepared to go all out for glory.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by FiremanX: 7:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
pocohantas:
Lamba queen, ur face must show everywhere. cheesy cheesy
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by FiremanX: 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Rokiatu45:
I would rather prefer Ghana or Senegal people that actually look like us to win this thing.

Rocky smiley
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by condralbedez: 7:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I dey tell you

Imagine a group way Belgium and Croatia dey

Na im Morocco for top group

He sure say world cup na the highest tournament

And the first African nations way go fit lift this trophy no doubt go be from North Africa

Algeria, morroco, Tunisia or Egypt...these four people on a good day sabi play o
Bombing and loud dey gree you watch soccer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by phemmyfour: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:

Rejoice not, no be by winning the group. A certain Nigeria topped his group in Afcon and fizzled out there after
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by sleekflow(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
LasisiAyodeji:

Bros, which kind English be this?
Shey Morocco na virgin wey dem defile am?

Ayam not understanding abeg
Re: Morocco's Show Of Bravery: A Delight For Africa by benardtotti(m): 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
pocohantas:

You are telling me not true for a topic I have seen way too many times on Quora? Lol

I just showed you an article headline , Google is your friend go and verify !

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Keshi Will No Longer Select Players Alone - NFF / Asisat Oshoala Is The Only African Woman To Score In 3 World Cups. / Tokyo Olympics: Blessing Oborududu Wins Silver In Wrestling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.