Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery (17314 Views)

Southeast Records lowest in out of school in Nigeria Northwest Recorded Highes / Lagos Records Massive Drop In Accidents After ‘Okada’ Restriction / 2019 Elections: Lagos records lowest voter turnout at 18%, Jigawa tops - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by bonetalk(m): 1:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
It would be a very foolish act for any robbery gang to attack Bank in Lagos.... How will they escape in that congested city? Couples with the security system in Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by olamilarks(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
What of agbero that demands for 20k when you have tyre failure on Lagos roads?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by adebayo111: 1:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
aylive02:
grin

No place is safe. The media cannot cover everything that is happening. How do you trust a place you have thousands of agberos to be safe?
agbero and hoodlums exist in the south east as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Adjovi: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
No be for this same Lagos wey I dey shocked . Yes Banks are not getting hit but what of residents is Lagos that are getting robbed. Make Una no dey lie jare. Na even kidnapping dey rise small small now but the media can't cover everything. No where in Nigeria is safe na only God dey protect person
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Patriotsleague: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2022
Benefits of the Lagos police trust fund, initiated by BAT. It is really generating enough funds to help buy more guns, ammunition and logistics for the police. Other states should elect governors to move their states forward like Lagos, not hate.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by TrumpDonald2: 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2022
MikeMicheal:
The issue is how will they escape after the bank robbery?
With unpredictable traffic holdup at every corner
in Lagos.

That is the major hinderance to bank robbery in lagos, maybe holdup is a blessing afterall.

This is just the truth
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BanyXchi: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2022
blueAgent:

Clown.

Same southwest that skull minning and ritual killing is at epic level?
Or is not the same south west that ppl were killed in a church?
before hearing about one skull-mining and ritual killings in the SW, we'll hear a thousand cases of UGM cannibalizing and beheading people in the SE, I see gory barbaric videos of those Ipob savages butchering people in the forests. The SW is the safest region in the country and more than half of the crimes here are committed by the refugees especially from the East. Owo killing was done by Ebira muslim extremists and most of the victims were ibos. The safest states according to o NBS are in the SW.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by wolebest: 3:11pm On Dec 03, 2022
Quintopia:
Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades

…Sanwo-Olu: ‘LSSTF model largely successful, its triumphs justify donors’ confidence'

https://encomium.ng/lagos-records-lowest-robbery-incidents-in-decades/

With RRS at every junction coupled with regular police, mopol, civil defence, soldiers, private security companies, neighborhood watchmen, areaboys, maiguards and many more like traffic jam.

The lure for armed robbery in Lagos is low.

Kudos to Lagos State Government....for the effective Security Architecture.

Eko for show ........others for copy!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Menclothing: 4:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
Ikorodu
Igando
Ojo
Berger
Magodo

Is not crowded with many bank
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by afribabe: 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
verybadmouth:
This is a big fat lie. There was still a robbery in my area last week in Onitsha.
which part of Lagos is Onitsha grin grin
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BreconHills(m): 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
CheapHomes1:

If bank robbery is the indices for measuring security in a state, am.sure some states can boast of same.

Any person who wants rob a bank in lagos will think twice when he thinks of the traffic which will prevent an easy get away.

A few years ago, there was a bloody bank robbery in lekki. The robbers had to use speed boats as their getaway.

In all honesty, I don't think sanwo olu should take credit for that

Think about it - does Lagos not have off peak traffic hours. For the last three weeks and until the new currency comes into circulation, banks are opened at week ends.

A lot of you may be too young to remember when under the military places like Anthony faced armed robbery attacks for hours without any help.

To do a big robbery you must carry out surveillance, store weapons, carry out the deed, have a safe house, share money and split. Apart from opportunistic pick pockets and phone thieves, the armed robbery production cycle and the back of organised armed robbery teams has been broken in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by blueAgent(m): 7:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
BanyXchi:
before hearing about one skull-mining and ritual killings in the SW, we'll hear a thousand cases of UGM cannibalizing and beheading people in the SE, I see gory barbaric videos of those Ipob savages butchering people in the forests. The SW is the safest region in the country and more than half of the crimes here are committed by the refugees especially from the East. Owo killing was done by Ebira muslim extremists and most of the victims were ibos. The safest states according to o NBS are in the SW.

The joke is on you, stop shifting attention.
No one is claiming the East is safe, you are the ones claiming South west is safe and I proved your arguments as false.

Are igbos not humans? the facts remains that they were killed in Southwest.
So deal with that.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by KennethEnyi(m): 8:07pm On Dec 03, 2022
Abdul05:
When you compare this to the rampant killing in anambra state then you will see that ..

Being an obidient is a disaster. .. grin cheesy

Obi is a huge failure. ... grin

Thank to tinubu anyway. ... grin

God I hate Nairaland
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by KennethEnyi(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
Quintopia:
These other state govts need to KIDNAP Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governor, and take him to a SECURE LOCATION, and refuse to release him until he spills the beans on HOW Lagos is achieving all this success and progress,, and the various methods employed therein.

Because this is getting too embarrassing.

Oil money
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Mtmike(m): 6:20am On Dec 04, 2022
No because there is security in Lagos, where the thief’s wan pass escape wey traffic Dey everywhere
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
oneMalik:
ask Google .

Was it google you checked before you concluded that Lagos is a mega city?

Since you know the answer is on Google, then you shouldn't have problems answering the question...How is Lagos a "mega city"?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 8:02pm On Dec 04, 2022
BreconHills:

Think about it - does Lagos not have off peak traffic hours. For the last three weeks and until the new currency comes into circulation, banks are opened at week ends.

A lot of you may be too young to remember when under the military places like Anthony faced armed robbery attacks for hours without any help.

To do a big robbery you must carry out surveillance, store weapons, carry out the deed, have a safe house, share money and split. Apart from opportunistic pick pockets and phone thieves, the armed robbery production cycle and the back of organised armed robbery teams has been broken in Lagos.

How does all you typed negate the following?

If bank robbery is the indices for measuring security in a state, am.sure some states can boast of same.

Any person who wants rob a bank in lagos will think twice when he thinks of the traffic which will prevent an easy get away.

A few years ago, there was a bloody bank robbery in lekki. The robbers had to use speed boats as their getaway.

In all honesty, I don't think sanwo olu should take credit for that.

When is Lagos off peak traffic hours?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by oneMalik: 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
You just get data since that time ?

Pls save it for better thing .

CheapHomes1:

Since you know the answer is on Google, then you shouldn't have problems answering the question...How is Lagos a "mega city"?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
oneMalik:
You just get data since that time ?

Pls save it for better thing .

You haven't answered the questions...

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Mrseriousman: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
FamTomx2:

Forget story!! It's a shared formular, Thiefñubu has the bank, Agberos have the roads... If you know you know.

You bloody thief ! Are you still going from thread to thread, calling people thieves ? Cuz your father died a thief , does that make everyone else a thief ? Where is my bike ? Just return my stolen bike to me . Where is it ? R.I.P dead man
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Okoroawusa: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
This is the reason I am voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BreconHills(m): 3:29am On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Look you can't negate robbery statistics with traffic. There are many " soft targets" in areas with good connections to expressways that can take you away from the scene in minutes. How does traffic explain the absence of any single off hours attack using explosives - is there traffic at midnight?

Traffic is a double edged sword. It affects police response as well. Can robbers not use high speed bikes for getaway ? They've done so in the past, they've even used lagos extensive waterways.

And please how does the poster know the mind of an armed robber?

Truth is robbers are great probability analysts and they know that there is a high liklihood of being caught in Lagos pre, during and post robbery.

Finally every organised armed robbery requires an ecosystem. That ecosystem has been broken and disrupted in lagos by high quality intelligence. Lagos is proof that when motivated and funded anything in Nigeria can work. Nigeria doesn't need a messiah, it needs someone who can set up scalable systems.

Systems not messiahs, especially windy messiah whose works unravelled even before they left office.

Tip: law 101 never cross examine a witness with a question if you don't know the answer. I enjoyed replying you. But now I am sorry I won't be drawn into an interminable discussion of systems over messiah. You will just have to accept that it ends here.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year. �
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 5:47am On Dec 05, 2022
BreconHills:

Look you can't negate robbery statistics with traffic. There are many " soft targets" in areas with good connections to expressways that can take you away from the scene in minutes. How does traffic explain the absence of any single off hours attack using explosives - is there traffic at midnight?

Traffic is a double edged sword. It affects police response as well. Can robbers not use high speed bikes for getaway ? They've done so in the past, they've even used lagos extensive waterways.

And please how does the poster know the mind of an armed robber?

Truth is robbers are great probability analysts and they know that there is a high liklihood of being caught in Lagos pre, during and post robbery.

Finally every organised armed robbery requires an ecosystem. That ecosystem has been broken and disrupted in lagos by high quality intelligence. Lagos is proof that when motivated and funded anything in Nigeria can work. Nigeria doesn't need a messiah, it needs someone who can set up scalable systems.

Systems not messiahs, especially windy messiah whose works unravelled even before they left office.

Tip: law 101 never cross examine a witness with a question if you don't know the answer. I enjoyed replying you. But now I am sorry I won't be drawn into an interminable discussion of systems over messiah. You will just have to accept that it ends here.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year. �

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BreconHills(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

No other state can boast the same record. If there is please let me know.

They didn't have to, that gang came from the Delta area by boat. Same route used in the bombing of Atlas cove under OBJ

Lagos was the first state to privatise non salary police funding through its Lagos state security trust fund. Yrs sanwo olu did not start it, it was started by Tinubu. Read more below;
https://lsstf.lagosstate.gov.ng/

Thursday is off peak, anytime during school holidays is off peak.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 4:22pm On Dec 05, 2022
BreconHills:

Thursday is off peak, anytime during school holidays is off peak.

Have you ever heard of acbank robbery in jigawa state or Bauchi state? Where did you get your information that Lagos us the only state in Nigeria where there are bank robberies?

Which delta area are you referring to? If they came from delta area, how does it negate this: "
A few years ago, there was a bloody bank robbery in lekki. The robbers had to use speed boats as their getaway."

How did you come by your information that the robbers came from "delta area"? How did they arrive Lagos from "delta area"?

How does being the "first state to privatise non salary police funding through its Lagos state security trust fund" now the reason for drop in bank robberies?

How is Thursdays in Lagos off-peak? How is anytime during school holidays off-peak? How did you arrive at your conclusion?
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BreconHills(m): 4:29pm On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Have you ever heard of acbank robbery in jigawa state or Bauchi state? Where did you get your information that Lagos us the only state in Nigeria where there are bank robberies?

Which delta area are you referring to? If they came from delta area, how does it negate this: "
A few years ago, there was a bloody bank robbery in lekki. The robbers had to use speed boats as their getaway."

How did you come by your information that the robbers came from "delta area"? How did they arrive Lagos from "delta area"?

How does being the "first state to privatise non salary police funding through its Lagos state security trust fund" now the reason for drop in bank robberies?

How is Thursdays in Lagos off-peak? How is anytime during school holidays off-peak? How did you arrive at your conclusion?

Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2022
BreconHills:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

You haven't answered the questions.

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by BreconHills(m): 10:35pm On Dec 05, 2022
CheapHomes1:

I wished you a Merry Christmas because you want me to show causation by incessantly asking "how" even when your initial question has been answered. Your questions show that even if a 100kg weight of truth sat on your right arm you would still be asking "how"

I mean look at this "How is Thursdays in Lagos off-peak? How is anytime during school holidays off-peak? How did you arrive at your conclusion?"

It's trite knowledge that markets open at 10 every Thursday therefore trade sales are at zero until 11. Trade sales amount for almost 60% off traffic after 8.30 am. every day. How can you be asking how school holidays affect peak hours when nearly 80% of traffic between 12 and 3 are school pick ups and localised off expressway traffic between 6- 8 am are school drop offs. . If you don't live in the state go and ask someone. If you live in the state then sir you are a liar.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Teeroyzimma: 10:55pm On Dec 05, 2022
Britishpea:

Crime rate is high in Lagos? Which Lagos?You don’t live in Lagos I believe! Lagos is damn safe.

Tinubu supporter do you have sense at all? Lagos is not fvcking safe! The angry residents of Lagos alone don’t make Lagos safe, any small provocation and they’ll throw and punch at you.
Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by CheapHomes1: 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2022
BreconHills:

I wished you a Merry Christmas because you want me to show causation by incessantly asking "how" even when your initial question has been answered. Your questions show that even if a 100kg weight of truth sat on your right arm you would still be asking "how"

I mean look at this "How is Thursdays in Lagos off-peak? How is anytime during school holidays off-peak? How did you arrive at your conclusion?"

It's trite knowledge that markets open at 10 every Thursday therefore trade sales are at zero until 11. Trade sales amount for almost 60% off traffic after 8.30 am. every day. How can you be asking how school holidays affect peak hours when nearly 80% of traffic between 12 and 3 are school pick ups and localised off expressway traffic between 6- 8 am are school drop offs. . If you don't live in the state go and ask someone. If you live in the state then sir you are a liar.

You still haven't answered the simple questions based on your claims...

Re: Lagos Records Lowest Robbery Incidents In Decades, No Bank Robbery by Teeroyzimma: 12:56pm On Dec 10, 2022
Romanoff:
It is safe now cause people wey dey rob done done get better hustle.

Politics money.
e be like say you smoked weed when you wrote this. me that was almost kidnapped in October, Lagos is far from safe

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Obasanjo Foundation Sacks Trustee Implicated In Money Laundering Deal / Aisha Buhari Hosts Officials Of National Association Of Lady Pharmacists / APC Settles For Indirect Primary In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.