Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari (13606 Views)

Shehu Sani Challenges Buhari To Name Governors ‘Stealing’ LG Funds / Abdullahi Sule: Governors Stealing Public Funds Need Deliverance / Your Governors Stealing Public Funds For Campaigns – Sowore Attacks APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by jaybenugo: 8:04am On Dec 03, 2022
IGBERETV report

Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds -Wike Tells Buhari

NAME GOVERNORS PILFERING LOCAL GOVERNMENT FUNDS - WIKE TELLS BUHARI

Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has dissociated himself from state governors who dip their hands into local government funds received from the Federation Account.

Governor Wike was reacting to the accusation by President Muhammadu Buhari that governors have continued to deliberately deplete remittances released to various councils in their States.

The Rivers State governor, who spoke at the inauguration of Mgbuosimini Ring and Internal Roads in Rumueme Kingdom of Obio-Akpor Local Government Area on Friday, said the generalisation done by President Buhari was unfair.

The governor stated that since 2015, he has never had any reason to tamper with local government funds. He has therefore urged Mr President as a true leader to tell Nigerians those governors pilfering council funds.

"You said the governors are taking local government funds. I want to say in the name of almighty God, I have never touched local government funds one day.

"I have never and I have no reason to do that. So, Mr. President tell us who are those people. You know them, tell us. It is not good to make class defamation of saying governors. Please, I am not one of those governors.

"So, Mr President, please, spare me, tell Nigerians that the Integrity Governors are not part of them We have integrity. And do us a favour to announce all those states that they are taking local government money because you have the records."

Governor Wike emphasised when he was a council chairman under the administration of former governor, Dr. Peter Odili, the governor then never touched their funds, and that is an example he has continued to practice.

He noted that ordinarily, most of the road projects his administration had constructed should have been done by local government councils, but he has never asked any council for partnership to fund any project.

"When I was chairman of local government under Dr. Peter Odili, he never touched one Naira of local government funds. When I was chairman, nobody touched my funds and I see no reason why I will begin to touch other people's funds.”

Governor Wike informed that his administration has also given optimal consideration to the payment of pension and gratuity. According to him, over N3B (Three Billion Naira) is spent monthly by the State to cater for that concern.

Commenting on the Mgbuosimini roads, Governor Wike said the inauguration event was remarkable because he has always enjoyed over 98% support from the Rumueme kingdom.

“In Rumueme Kingdom, I have always had 98 percent support. And I have told them, there is nothing within my powers that I can do I will not do for them."

The governor recounted that he had sited Dr. Nabo Graham Douglas Campus of the Nigerian Law School, the Judges Quarters, relocated the slaughter from Trans-Amadi to the Rumueme kingdom and elevated the traditional stool to first class status.

"It is the benefit and dividend of democracy. So, you have done well for me. I will never turn my back against you. Rumueme people, God will continue to bless you for all you have done for me in my political career."

Governor Wike also spoke about the employment into the State civil service soon and assured Rumueme people of filling their quota.

The governor also urged them to extend their support to Peoples Democratic party (PDP) governorship candidate, Sir Siminialayi Fubara and all senatorial, House of Representatives and State Assembly candidates of the party in the 2023 election.

Performing the inauguration of Mgbuosimini Ring and Internal Roads, Governor of Benue State, Dr. Samuel Ortom aligned with governor Wike that President Buhari should name the governors misappropriating council funds.

He noted that by delivering such road project to the community, governor Wike has improved the wellbeing of the people.

"Governor Wike, I want to thank you for setting the pace in project execution. God will bless you. Like has been said, the essence of government apart from providing security for life and property, it is to ensure welfare, which you are doing here."

Governor Ortom mentioned that commissioning of projects is one virtue he learnt from governor Wike. This, he said has helped him to be more visible and seen to be a governor who delivers project too.

"One thing that I can say amongst others that I have learned from my brother, the governor of Rivers State is his commissioning of projects. Because if you don't do it, your enemies will go out there to say this is the project they have done.

"And this is the blackmail that I faced back home in Benue State until governor Wike told me that look, you have to start commissioning projects."

Providing the description of the project, Rivers State Commissioner for Works Dr. Alabo Dakorinima George-Kelly said the Mgbuosimini Ring and Internal Roads project is approximately 6km long, has an average width of 7.3 meters and 8km of drains length with 100 millimetre asphaltic thickness.

Dr. George-Kelly emphasised that the roads are built to last for a long time, and offers such benefits of improving the value of property in the area, ease traffic flow and serve as an alternate traffic route for the people.

In his address, Chairman of Obio-Akpor Local Government Area, George Ariolu recalled that before the roads were reconstructed, most businesses and tenants left the community because of the deplorable condition of the roads. But the situation now, he noted, is a return of a bustling commercial activities and delightful sociocultural life.

Speaking on behalf of the contractor, Ferotex construction company, Mr. Jack Afara, said the roads have been done with highest standard of road construction.

He thanked the Rivers State governor for entrusting the company with the project and several others.

December 2, 2022.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BFVKJJmfiQPB1H911CiskRSP7KMiKwS9VrefKNi2eKRUgeS8RhJzZpArCXnvj4d9l&id=100064873051163

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by mcmurphy132(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2022
90% of them will be PDP governors

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by JasonScoolari: 8:07am On Dec 03, 2022
It's surprising to see the Kunú guzzling drunkard called Buhari trying to bring out the names of Governors stealing Local Government funds.... It is laughable because Baba Lifeless himself, is the Author and Finisher of corrupt practice currently in Nigeria.

The hypocrite should rest and avoid another upcoming Northern terrorist like Aminu to expose his family.

God bless Gov. Ezenwo Nyesom Wike.
God bless Mr. Peter Obi.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by JASONjnr(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2022
Buhari's refusal to interfere in state affairs is one of the reasons why APC is too weak to run a country like Nigeria....

Buhari only wanted to become a president and nothing more...The rest of the people can go to hell..He has achieved his desires and now looking forward to retire...

This is the same for Tinubu, all he's after is to be the president and to steal more money like Abacha... Tinubu doesn't have anything to offer.....

.Make Una vote wisely...........

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by slivertongue: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2022
Serious challenge. Of course they are mostly APC governors

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Juniorpope123: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2022
Lol. Wike nah spoiler

2 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 8:33am On Dec 03, 2022
Good. He should call out EFCC and NFIU too. NFIU is particularly directly in charge of blocking and prosecuting Governors who attempt to steal LGA funds.

The Head of NFIU must be queried.
check my signature for free stuffs!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Tenses: 8:57am On Dec 03, 2022
One thing am sure of is that Obi's government will not tolerate all these governors excesses.

13 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by bennybuhari: 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
But you are also one of them, Donatus Wike. Is it your personal money you are dashing out anyhow?

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by chiefolododo(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
Almost all governors steal LG money. Even Okowa that gifted his girlfriend $10m from Paris club fund said they should count him out, Na was oo. Fg should grant local governments financial autonomy

8 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by SeeItSayIt: 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
Exactly my expectation....

Buhari claimed he knew our numerous challenges & have all the answers, solutions & willingness to them before given the mandate to power in 2015.

Is it not ridiculous (corruption personified) to be claiming he just discovered after 7yrs that some governors & government officials are deadly corrupt now?

The most deceitful & annoying part was that, he couldn't even mentioned a name, yet he's the Messiah to the gullible.

5 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by sukkot: 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
grin
Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Angelfrost(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
I agree with him here...!

Let's name and shame them.

No need confusing the masses... Point out those states where money is being siphoned!

Let's start from National Assembly... Review laws and remove immunity from elected officers as done in sane nations.

Governors have been messing up for too long and getting away with it... Let's put them all on the spot! Let states finally start working.

Even those states where governors hand over part of state revenues to godfathers!

3 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by DWJOBScom(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2022
He should o

We really want to know

They must be mentioned

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by MarveworldG: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
That would be great. At this point we agree with Wike

Is your building project under construction? Or you have considered a Renovation/revamp of your home/hotel/office? Or are you looking for luxury home finishing? Look no further, we are accountable, responsible, transparent, trustworthy and ready to give you the best services to your satisfaction. We design Home interiors from the top to the floor, we have competent team to deliver any kind of design. Cost of services is competitive and affordable(not mincing words)

3 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by 5iine: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
I can read people.

Peter Obi will stop all these nonsense.

Atiku will play normal "I chop you chop"

Tinubu will loot everything for his family and friends leaving his urchins useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
mcmurphy132:
90% of them will be PDP governors
Very possible. But I doubt he will name names cos even the one we saw publicly stuffing dollars into his babariga is still frolicking with Buhari and Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by MansoryMX(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
If you don’t love Wike, I don’t know what else you want in this life. Man gat big balls!

Buhari should not only name them but also name other governors in other regions and also names himself! Nigerians has had enough of these people!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Obakoolex(m): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2022
grin Wicked Wike with balls

2 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by GardenOfGod(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2022
Vawlence grin

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Sisora(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2022
Him and buhari dey graduate the same day, so no shaking grin

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Sisora(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2022
MansoryMX:
If you don’t love Wike, I don’t know what else you want in this life. Man gat big balls!

Buhari should not only name them but also name other governors in other regions and also names himself! Nigerians has had enough of these people!
this government hate giving names.

2 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by OKORONKWOBRIGHT(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2022
jaybenugo:
IGBERETV report

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02BFVKJJmfiQPB1H911CiskRSP7KMiKwS9VrefKNi2eKRUgeS8RhJzZpArCXnvj4d9l&id=100064873051163
WIKE you are one of them

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Patriotsleague: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2022
Everyone knows this, even the indigenes but foolishly turn a blind eye, and blame everyone else for their woes.

2 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by moscow007: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2022
Good!
Let the naming ceremony begin...is there anything like Local Government in the North.

Go to Zamfara State from Maradun, Chafe to Bakura most of them don't even know they are a Local Govt...it's just village, every month u come, share money and go.

Even Delta, we got more allocation than Rivers from excess crude yet u can't compare Eleme with Asaba.

Governors are part of our problems... Osibanjo's rural projects and tradermoni will be felt by common man if only Governors do their part.

3 Likes

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by MadamExcellency: 10:02am On Dec 03, 2022
Okezie Ikpeazu, Hope Uzodinma and all Southeast Governors are culprits.

Thieves.
Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Everfrank(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2022
jaybenugo:
IGBERETV report

Wike should exonerate himself by publishing his monthly allocation to his local governments in the last eight years vis-a-vis the original allocation for the last eight years.
I live in Bonny and apart from a secondary school that he renovated we didn't see any infrastructure from the state government. This is despite Bonny's fair contribution to the national economy. Is that fair?

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by iLegendd(m): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2022
My governor has spoken.
Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by utenwuson: 10:03am On Dec 03, 2022
Keep quiet.... EVERY governor steals from the local government directly and indirectly.... And that's the main reason poverty at thd grass root is so alarming

1 Like

Re: Name Governors Stealing Local Government Funds - Wike Tells Buhari by Acidosis(m): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2022
For some reasons, this Government always protect corrupt people, including those in own and opposition parties.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Won’t Allow Fayose, Wike Hijack PDP, Says Sheriff / "We Won't Succumb To Pressure On Indirect Primaries" - APC / PDP Queries Presidency Over Tear Gas Attack On Katsina Abducted Students’ Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.