Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State (89034 Views)

Lady Stays In The Same Room With Her Husband's Corpse For 3 Days In Ogun (Video) / Eddy Omodiaogbe Missing In Ogun (Photo) / Checkout This Viral Family of 6 Photoshoot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by soundOsonic: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria, they wouldn't eat wall gecko because it is poisonous, but they would eat snakes.
FYI wall gecko is harmless. People eat wall gecko in Asia please and please further investigation should be made.
Someone put the wall gecko in the food to cover their tracks, obviously Nigerians are not dumb to believe ingesting wall gecko can kill.

21 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Buharidgeneral: 6:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
[quote author=Richy4 post=118874171] Nigerian post-mortem examination always comes out within 2mins of someone's demise or minutes after the discovery of someone's death ...

The pathologists are always the onlookers, gatekeepers, beer parlour patrons, market women and elders in council... embarassed
[
Lol

4 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Buharidgeneral: 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
soundOsonic:
Welcome to Nigeria, they wouldn't eat wall gecko because it is poisonous, but they would eat snakes.
FYI wall gecko is harmless. People eat wall gecko in Asia please and please further investigation should be made.
Someone put the wall gecko in the food to cover their tracks, obviously Nigerians are not dumb to believe ingesting wall gecko can kill.
More oil to your brain. Lol

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Buharidgeneral: 6:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
Richy4:
Nigerian post-mortem examination always comes out within 2mins of someone's demise or minutes after the discovery of someone's death ...

The pathologists are always the onlookers, gatekeepers, beer parlour patrons, market women and elders in council... embarassed
Na so. That's our ways. Lol

7 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Buharidgeneral: 6:56pm On Dec 03, 2022
Mmaduise:
Breaking:
Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family– The sprawling neighbourhood in Ogun State has been thrown into mourning after a family of six was discovered stone dead in the early hours of today.

The source of death is suspected food poisoning after wall gecko had allegedly walked on food

The victims have been identified as Mr Adeleke John Samuel, a chartered accountant; his wife , two children and two other relatives.

A source toldThe Eaglethat they are believed to have kicked the bucked after eating food on which wall gecko trampled.

The sad event was uncovered when their gateman, Mr Lawal Ojo suspected the unusual quietness in the house at full break of day.

He alerted the neighbours who broke into the house only to discover the bodies of the victims in different rooms

They were all in the sleeping posture, the source said, indicating that they probably passed on in their sleep.

According to an eyewitness: Mrs Ifenatuora Ijeoma, the poison might have ingested in the course of the family’s dinner the night before.

She reiterated that, on close inspection of the kitchen utensils, a dead wall gecko was discovered inside a pot of soup by one of the neighbours.

The Eagle reports that Wall Gecko, a small slippery house lizard native to South East Asia is now found across the world.

It had, at different times, been associated with lethal food poisoning.

According to medical practitioner who simply identified himself as Dr Omotosho : a biologist , “Geckos are ordinarily harmless. However, the lizard carries lots of bacteria in the mouth which can cause serious harm when ingested by humans.”

As at the time of filing this report, the police had waded into the matter, even as the source of death still remained a subject of conjecture.

The deceased man was aged was aged 55, the wife Mrs Pamela Adeleke was aged 50 , the children roughly aged between 13 and 19 years old, our findings show.
Fake news.i
Lies from the pit of hell

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by ASAPFERG1: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
by the time they drill that gateman well, he go talk wetin really happen

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by TheChameleon: 7:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
This is stupid.. wall geckos aren't poisonous.

I hate misinformation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by quadraheem(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
Very unfortunate!
It's only in Nigeria that you see people immediately concluding on any incidents without giving the law enforcement agents to carry out investigations first.

4 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Regex: 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2022
These guys and their bloody lies again. Na wa oh.

1 Like

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by CaptainFM1: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2022
ibechris:
Wall gecko isn't poisonous.

Anything can be poisonous depending on different conditions!

1 Like

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Pwettylinda(f): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
That's not possible

A wall gecko died inside fresh palp we soaked to wash it in the morning. Because we don't buy public palp me usually make our own.

The following morning about washing the palp we saw dead Gecko inside it. We just removed it and washed the pap thoroughly.

We enjoyed the palp and it's over 3 years now nothing has happened.

So this story no enter. They were poisoned

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Lukuluku69(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
ibechris:
Wall gecko isn't poisonous.

I read sometimes that while on the throes of death, they do discharge poisonous substance as a means of defence.

So, a Gecko in a pot of soup or one that fell inside a bucket of drinking water could be lethal if such food or water is ingested.

I remember growing up, anywhere my Grandma sees it, she must kill it. When we ask her why, she said they do scratch people with their claws while sleeping and leaving dark long marks on people's body.

5 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by soloehis(m): 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
The research made and findings indicates that wall gecko is not poisonous...as a matter of fact its eaten in some Asian countries

7 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by 07kjb: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
brain54:
One wall gecko with enough lethal poison to kill six people…?

Why am I not believing this story?

I doubt if snakes and scorpions are even that poisonous.

I don't believe it too

Though actual protection comes from God

2 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Samekfn29: 8:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
[right][/right

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by holysaint1(m): 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
dahmie2013:
I ought to be dead also. There is more to it.

I no just wan talk fess.

2 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by judedwriter(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
A whole family bites the dust... because of a wall gecko

So unfortunate, but wall geckoes are generally harmless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by meobizy(f): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
The source of death is suspected food poisoning after wall gecko had allegedly walked on food.
This is a bullshit unfounded assumption. Unfortunately we don’t get autopsy updates in this forum.

4 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Emmychem(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2022
Cockroach and wall gecko which one will be more poisonous? See, I've eaten cockroach from soup thinking it's dry fish... Omo, nothing Do me till date... This one shock me ooo....

6 Likes

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by greggng: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
I can't believe this story cos that animal has been.my companion for donkey years. The only thing I hate about it is the way it use to eye me from one corner ..as if it was sent to monitor my moves especially when I.wanna make love ...the fucking animal will be watching how I do it ...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Swfeff23455: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
;

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by KennethEnyi(m): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
Wall � geckos mf really took out 6 people before Christmas
Cold bruh…. Cold

1 Like

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Raysleek: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
They suppose arrest that neighbor wey see wall gecko inside soup. He/she is a suspect. Might be the one that planted it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Dshocker(m): 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
I absolutely doubt that the dead gecko is responsible for their death.

Back in 2016/2017, a wall gecko some how entered the storage tank we usually pump in water and died.

And then we usually drink directly from the tap, so the speed or force in which the water normal pumps out from the kitchen tap slowed down and the water changed taste.

Not knowing or neither did we suspect anything, it was after two weeks that the gecko has dissolved and it found its way out of the tap that we knew why the water has sour taste like soakaway pit.

Guess what; Nobody died

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by cedricksly: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2022
DaniDani:
Police team should do proper and thorough investigation to unravel the cause of their deaths, wall gecko is a smokescreen.
oga wall gecko is not a smoke screen anything... That shit is poisonous as hell.. Wall gecko, millipede, etc
Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by ednut1(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
Lies from the pit of hell
Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Emperormartin(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
Jeon:
RIP.

I REALLY HATE THIS LIZARD. IT IRRITATES ME....

IT'S NOT ONLY POISONOUS, IT ALSO SEIZE SLEEP.
Stop hallucinating

1 Like

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Funflipper: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
godofuck231:
who be this one, aneg leave that thing, na today you know say wall geko de poisonous, go step on dead camelion bones and make e piece your foot and see death too , they are poison, leave evil spirits alone, them don tire , Nigerians are careless

Come on don't be naive. Geckos are not poisonous. Somebody poisoned that family.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Konjiboii: 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
grin grin grin Omo now I'm convinced Nigerians are the dumbest humans alive right now..wtf!!! Innocent fvcking wall gecko hahahahaha una mumu no get sequel

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by eaglechild: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
Absolute rubbish junk reportage.
Wall geckos are NOT poisonous.
If they were half of Nigeria would have been dead.
People should pick up a book for goodness sake.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wall Gecko Wipes Out Family Of Six In Ogun State by Funflipper: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2022
cedricksly:
oga wall gecko is not a smoke screen anything... That shit is poisonous as hell.. Wall gecko, millipede, etc

Wall geckos are not poisonous.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House / Pure Water Seller Arrested Over Sex With Top Businessman’s Wife / See what Watching Parents Have Sex, Made This 5 Years Old Calabar Girl Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.