Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi (12000 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv) / Check Out Muammar Gaddafi's Leadership In Libya. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by ispeed(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2011
@poster

U HAVE DID A WONDERFUL JOB.

HAVE KEEP TELLING PEOPLE THAT THIS WESTERN PEOPLE ARE DEVIL. BUT THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL WHEN NAIJA FIND OUT WHO,S BEHIND THE UN BOMBING. BOKO HARAM IS OPEN INVITATION FOR WESTERN INTERVENTION. MY PEOPLE BE WISE. THERE IS OIL IN NIGERIA AND WESTERN NEED OIL FOR THEIR ECONOMY. ALL THIS ARE CALCULATED ATTEMPT.

BOKO HARAM = WESTERN.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2011
tpia@:

^^now you're american and no longer celtic?

Being celtic means I have Irish ancestry and being American means I am American either by birth or through immigration!

I guess you never heard of Celtic Americans have you? You are just annoying now!!
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by hustla(m): 8:30am On Aug 29, 2011
Wen r we going to accept that colonial masters have left us in charge of our fates and destiny?we sit ere complaining bout colonial masters n spew rubbish frm our mouths.
Though I wasn't born in the 70s buh God I wish we could have the same university system and political structures my Dad painted for me.the main reason was d absence of oil and a coordinated set of leaders that weren't concerned with making money like drug barons.
Gadaffi may actually be right,US and CNN can know how to demolish people with their media.Remember BBC 'Welcome to Lagos' documentary?The average viewer would think Lagos is sprawling with shanties and hoodlums in ghettos. Just that Ghadaffi doesn't just have a case as regards the number of years he has spent in power and his dogged decision not to hand over power.
There is OIL in Libya and US will do everything possible to form padi and saviour so as to get at that oil.Watched CNN and immediately knew the US was doing errthng for its selfish means.They didn't show one single supporter of Ghadaffi,news bulletins were riddled with inconsistencies and obvious bias.I'm not a big fan of Ghadaffi but news in itself must be objective and provide a factual presentation of ideas from both sides,not propagate one side's views and opinions.
CNN kept beating about the bush till they finally hit the nail on the head; the effect of the oil on the market and ish.
Ghadaffi should have jus jejili given up power, shikenah, upporter of Ghadaffi,news bulletins were riddled with inconsistencies and obvious bias.I'm not a big fan of Ghadaffi but news in itself must be objective and provide a factual presentation of ideas from both sides,not propagate one side's views and opinions.
CNN kept beating about the bush till they finally hit the nail on the head; the effect of the oil on the market and ish.
Ghadaffi should have jus jejili given up power, shikenah,
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2011
So Gadaffi had a million man march?
Well that was impressive, except that I remember that Abacha also had a million man march.

Gadaffi took over government by force (that was 42 years ago) at the age of 26: talk about little boys wearing men's shoes.

You know in Nigeria, a head of state once stated, "Money is not our problem, but how to spent it". Do you blame him? Like Gadaffi, he became head of state at the age of 26.

Ok, so it is the West that are behind the crises?
First them went Tunisia, then Egypt, then Yemem, then Syria, then Libya, then Nigeria.
The head of Syria is killing his people daily, anybody who dared to stop him will called names.
Ok so the West made a "mistake", they would have watched and allow Gadaffi to kill all the "rats" causing him pains.

Yet, hear me and hear me well, "God bless America!" for standing up as the occasion demands.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by dejiariyo1: 10:24am On Aug 29, 2011
Did people actually watch the videos i posted or are they just typing on the things they have heard about this Man on the mainstream media?
You will never find out the truth on there people, They lied to you about "Operation Northwood" ,they lied about Saddam having Weapon of Mass destruction and its sad sheeples still believe these people.
As a black man we need to be objective and know what is really going on around us instead of believing all the rubbish propagandas they keep spewing .

Gaddafi might not be perfect, so is Dick Cheney that stole over a billion dollar money from Nigeria through Haliburton, and what about bush? He lied about Iraq,over a million innocent people have been killed.
So are these the same people who are trying to act holy and enforce morality in LIbya?
No Libyan is homeless but many people are on food stamps in America but they still think they better than this guy ? Common people, Open your eyes and see through the lies you are being fed.

Gaddafi was the only World Leader that supported the black civil right movement, he gave many of the black panthers money during the struggles,This guy alone has done more for black people in Africa than any other president of the world will ever do.
Gaddafi helped angolans during their war same as Irish against the british colonial power,did the same for venezuela and serbia when Nato invaded them in 1999, Gaddafi was the one that armed their people against NATO.
Please people read books today and stop being fed lies by MURDOCH empire.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by playmode(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2011
@deji.ariyo ,redsun,hercules07,dapachez,chubhie,ZE,Harakiri,Xterra2,Hajifaty,kermarl8X,honeric01,norrisman,evil666,obailala,lawal123,wooni,Hbrednic,Kalman,uche92,bosom.L,nsiadi,Chingwa,baba eleko,Madingo II,9jaganja and the others who know the truth about Gadaffi ,GOD bless you and i pray that he continues to reveal the truth to all of you.Don't waste your time with people who are too lazy to do some research and discover the truth.

Gadaffi is not a saint ,he does have blood on his hands but why is this so? Gadaffi only killed those who challenged his rule,he did not just go into people's home to shoot them.He maintained his grip on power for  so long because he was power drunk and he did not want a weak person to take over from him.He had his faults but he provided more than adequately for his citizens.As long as you do not question his rule ,you will live your life to the fullest in Libya.All the tribal chiefs and tribes were taken care of by him and he maintained his traditional culture to the extent of even sleeping nomadic tents.

He should have handed over to another erosn who will carry on his style of leadership and keep out the west.That would have made it difficult for the west to attack.I guess that is the mistake he made and that has cost him libya.The west did not attack him because he was shooting the rebels ,they attacked him because he was going to ruin the "US dollar" with his new economic plans.I will post the article concerning this later but first i will like higlight the good and bad of his regime:

The GOOD

1. The government of Muammar brought the Libyan government from poverty and debt, to prosperity and debt-free status in 41 years.

2. Education from grade school through to college is free in Libya. This also include sponsorship of libyan citizens to school overseas.

3. Healthcare is free and Libyan pharmacies and hospitals are comparable to high-quality European facilities.

4. Libya ranks No. 53 on the United Nations Index of Human Development.

5. Libya has the highest standard of living in Africa (even better than South Africa,Mauritius and Seychelles).

6. Libya gives free land and seeds to anyone who wants to farm that land.

7. There is virtually no homelessness in Libya as everyone is given a home.

8. Women in Libya have equal rights, not only as a philosophy, but in practice.

9. Under Gaddafi’s oil-revenue-sharing program, each Libyan gets $500 (Dollars) deposited into his or her bank account each month.

10. On marriage, each couple is gifted $60,000 to do with as they please

I could list a few more but my point is that here in Nigeria we are yet to really enjoy any if not all of the the above.

The bad:

Lack of democracy, opposition movements have always been dealt with harshly

The state was virtually family owned

Military involvement and meddling in other North African countries as well as support for despots like Charles Taylor.

Lack of media freedom

Read between the lines people. It appears the West chooses which dictators to support ( Dubai has no democracy what so ever, they do not have elections), depending on who is willing to bend over.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by velo10: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2011
Why won't Ghadaffi be evil? The most wicked dictator ever who murders his own people? When we listen to those who are his enemies, and want to enslave his nations like they've enslaved many others.

Ghadaffi made Libyans a major priority in all his decisions and investments. He cared less about the West. He wouldn't buy their weapons or accede to their wishes. If you were the West would you say something good about this man. It's good we look at the perspective which people broadcast news/opinions from.

Anyways, I think Ghadaffi messed up big time. He should have thought of this long ago.

- He should have strengthened Libya's military immensely like Syria did.
- He should have installed a powerful government military base in Bengazi cos that's where his major opposition are.
- He should have never abandoned his $500 million nuclear project they were working on
- They should have remained like Iran, North Korea, Venezuela and never shook hands with the West.

I believe in democracy, but if should not be enforced on nations. If there is any nation where that should commence it shuld be Saudi arabia. But Saudi Arabia is like a US protectorate, touch them and US would bring every marine they have against you.

Hypocrisy staring at us in the face and we all still can't see the light. Kudos to peeps like the poster who goes to investigate for the truth. Propaganda has always been a strong effective tool. How do you think Hitler brainwashed the whole Nazi Germany to think Jews were accursed?
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Kermarl8x(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2011
Playmode, u're rite all thru
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by BetaThings: 12:58pm On Aug 29, 2011
Enough of political correctness
With NATO providing massive support, it still took this popular rebels who long to topple Gadaffi

I am black. Anyone KILLING BLACKS is my enemy
To hell with democracy!!!!

Where is the democracy in Iraq?
Even those who appeared to have done it by themselves where is the real freedom
Do Egyptians and Tunisians have real freedom
Have the whites truly accepted Obama even in the US
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by osifred(m): 2:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
The longest serving British Queen Elizabeth II, ruled for 63yrs it was called Monarchy
The longest serving US senator Robert Byrd was in the US senate for 51yrs it was called Democracy
African own Col. Al Gadafi rules for 42yrs, it is called dictatorship and tyranny.
The double standard of the WEST.

You can fool sumpple sumtime bt you can’t fool all the people all the time, Bob Marley
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by cap28: 2:13pm On Aug 29, 2011
deji i want to congratulate you for trying your hardest to educate the legion of ignoramuses that make it a point of duty to frequent this forum.

can someone please explain to me why a tyrant would pay for your education right up to university level?

why would he also give you a monthly allowance of $500 as of right?

i mean what is it with nigerians, even in the so called democratic western world education is not free and very soon health care is going to be privatised in many european countries and run by profit making organisations, in america health care is not free either, neither is education.

for those nigerians screaming themselves hoarse in support of the "rebels" it might interest you to know that as we speak they are massacring hundreds of black skinned africans including nigerians - these are your heroes - shame on all of you!!!
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by BigPhil(m): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
@Deji.Ariyo,You are spot on with your analysis.The western press are pure evil and a disgrace.
Nato have committed unmitigated human rights abuse in Libya and nobody will make them answer to the crimes.
The ICCJ is a joke.The UN a pawn to the western bloc.The Libyans don't know what they are getting themselves into,look at Iraq today and before any one will say that Ghaddafi should face the international criminal court,I want to ask about the two war criminals Tony Blair and George Bush,why are they not been prosecuted.Moreover public opinion in the west has been against this war in Libya.

The wicked NATO destroyed all of Libyan infrastructure in the name of protecting civilians,Killing Libyans to protect Libyans.What a fallacy.

I feel nothing for these idiots called NATO but unmitigated contempt.As for people on this forum supporting NATO,all I have to say is please stay away from discussing issues that are beyond your intellectual comprehension.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by velo10: 3:24pm On Aug 29, 2011
Libyans could be so ungrateful. We know Ghadaffi had his flaws which did not exempt murder, secret police etc. But is there a government in the world without this? But he gave Libyans everything they needed from education to amenities. If UK had so much amenities why would its citizens use riots as means to loot unnecessarily?
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2011
They call qadaffi a tyrant & yet his regime made libya rank number 1 in africa at the UNDP humanitarian development index. Wat an ironic sarcasm by NATO & its imperialist allies
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by cap28: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2011
deji - you might want to listen to this:

martinosi:

I guess you have listened to the link below cap28

"Five Objectives of the United States In Africa" with Michel Collon.

http://www.kpfa.org/archive/id/71910

I sent this link to a State Commissioner friend in Nigeria when he was in London on his "diplomatic rounds"
and he was speechless when we met for a chat lol
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by narttis1: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
when did the civillian protesters whom Gadaffi was supposedly killing turn into a rebel army that became more sophisticated than the libyan military?
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Dauchman(m): 7:24pm On Aug 29, 2011
Why are Nigerians so not smart. The OP has posted several videos, with input from even European citizens and Russia, telling us Ghadaffi has done nothing wrong and still people open their big mouth to say rubbish. What you don't understand is colonialism is on its way again but in a different form.

Someone listed a list of former British colonies and said they are all doing fine. You sit in your homes in Nigeria and decided that. Have you visited any of those countries. Have you met people from those countries and discussed with them. China is the 2nd largest economy but what percentage of people in China have a good standard of living, same in India.

Ghaddafi has always stood against the west, he has brought up ideas that would make us over run the west but as usual we have refused to listen. I remember him saying before all the chaos in Libya started that oil producing states should stop selling oil to the west in dollars but in Gold, this would further cripple the economies of the west. Do you think the west do not realise the threat Ghadaffi poses to them. We should start seeing the big picture and stop being fooled by the west. Also like a lot of people have asked, is the same situations not going on in Syria, why hasn't NATO bombed Syria yet? The king of Saudi Arabia and the queen of UK have been there before I was born, no one has called them dictators. Scotland and Wales have asked to leave the union but England has refused, why hasn't NATO bombed England.

Don't you all worry very soon they would visit Nigeria again in the guise that GEJ is the one causing the bombings going on in Nigeria at the moment then your eyes would be open.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by velo10: 7:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
narttis1:

when did the civillian protesters whom Gadaffi was supposedly killing turn into a rebel army that became more sophisticated than the libyan military?  

The so-called civilian protesters were stealing weapons in the army barracks. Government troops were sent to stop the weapon looting and people died in the process. That became the excuse for the NATO bombings. Also the rebels were armed by France and the Qatari puppets

@Dauchman, It's not that they are not so smart. They've been brainwashed by too much CNN and Aljaeera
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by uche92(m): 11:01pm On Aug 29, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A

i need yall to listen to this, more evidence raps up what we are all tryns say
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by kodewrita(m): 11:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
Ghadaffi GONE.

love him all you want. simple fact is that his people rose and kicked him out.

You come here to parrot Russian propaganda and expect us to believe it.

We all know they are has-beens and would always oppose everything said by the 'West' just for the sake of opposition. They only try to delude us into believing they are objective. They still see the world through the old communist regime's glasses.

Fact is Ghadaffi was a PURE TYRANT and deserved to be chased.

Standing up to the west is no longer fashionable and its no longer an excuse for denying people freedom. Thats a Farmer Jones Argument (Kick me out and the colonialists will come back).

He's gone along with the rest of his thieving clan.

As for bombing syria, Any pragmatic person would weigh the cost before attempting a course of action. Does it make military sense to invade syria and risk inflaming the region. Libya shares no border with israel and cannot cause any big issue if invaded. Invading syria would also unleash hezbollah on israel and vice versa. besides Syria will find all means to drag in israel into the party and there's no way Iran will not assist syria leading to one big cluster.bleep

The best bet is to simply stay out of it until other people in the region agree to take the fight to the syrians. People easily forget that libya was touched off by its neighbours Egypt and tunisia. The same's not happening outside the maghreb. They have stronger armies and more bargaining power, hence the failed uprisings in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Yemen(?), Syria.

Another reason ghadaffi should be shot: By prolonging his final defeat, he helped dampen the enthusiasm on the Arab street and made it a deeply messy affair. He essentially stifled the hopes not only of the libyans that died in the war but also that of many arabs outside libya who also lost their hope in the revolutions.

Long & Short: Excepting Morocco and Algeria, the Maghreb Arab nations are now free of their dictators( while the rest of you are still busy shouting 1970's crap) .
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by hbrednic: 1:31am On Aug 30, 2011
@playmode,
you will live longer than your forefathers.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by sosodat: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2011
@kodewrita, Nigeria is next for your so called emancipation by the west but in this case not dictatorship, probably the excuse will be terrorism (just like Iraq).

Hope all you Nigerians are getting ready, CIA boots are already on ground in Nigeria now. Have you wondered why the United Nations Building was the one bombed, not US or even Nigerian government buildings. That is to invite the US in a subtle way and that has already been accomplished.

For all I know, the war in Libya is not a revolution but Divide and Rule.

Nigeria can be next in that we have rebels too - MEND (the ones we can see) and Boko Haram (the invisible ones sponsored by ??). When the west decides it is in their best interest or the Nigerian government doesn't dance accordingly, then be sure we will be hearing about REBELS but rather in the vein of either NIGERIANS RISING UP or NIGERIA HAS BECOME A THREAT TO THE WORLD BY BEING A TRAINING GROUND FOR TERRORISM.

Anyway this war against a legitimate Libyan state is a warning to all African leaders and states to Obey. Also, I bet as he is out of the way, the US will get their long wanted wish for a permanent Military base in Africa which Gaddafi has been a party in opposing all this while.
@Kodewrita, hope you will be saying thank you to the World police when Nigeria is destabilized too or rather saved.

NOTE - Tunisia and Egypt had a real revolution, by the masses (NOT Heavily armed and funded rebels) without lifting up or firing a shot. But I guess OIL ain't there or in Yemen, Syria, Sudan etc
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by kodewrita(m): 5:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
As at 2007, egypt had proven natural gas reserves of 2.06 trillion cubic metres, 1.16% of the world total, and proven oil reserves of 4.07 billion barrels.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=4&ved=0CEUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mbendi.com%2Fcyegoi.htm&ei=9BFdTvOkPIfo-gbeu_iCAg&usg=AFQjCNENGGJlHR8m3-exPMxvtxAG_uP8Sw

as for tunisia, Crude oil reserves in Tunisia increased from 300m barrels in 2000 to 388m barrels in 2008.
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.deplc.com%2Ftunisian-oil-and-gas&ei=tBFdTpppj6H5Br-ptZ0C&usg=AFQjCNG7rvTO66A_Tvq1ryJBtPglfk4f-A

In both cases:
they had oil
the people rose
the army barked at the tyrant
the tyrants gave up.

Ghadaffi bucked the trend and tried to terrorise his people into submission(same thing Assad is doing now). So your point is baseless.

sosodat:

@kodewrita, Nigeria is next for your so called emancipation by the west but in this case not dictatorship, probably the excuse will be terrorism (just like Iraq).

Hope all you Nigerians are getting ready, CIA boots are already on ground in Nigeria now. Have you wondered why the United Nations Building was the one bombed, not US or even Nigerian government buildings. That is to invite the US in a subtle way and that has already been accomplished.

For all I know, the war in Libya is not a revolution but Divide and Rule.

Nigeria can be next in that we have rebels too - MEND (the ones we can see) and Boko Haram (the invisible ones sponsored by ??). When the west decides it is in their best interest or the Nigerian government doesn't dance accordingly, then be sure we will be hearing about REBELS but rather in the vein of either NIGERIANS RISING UP or NIGERIA HAS BECOME A THREAT TO THE WORLD BY BEING A TRAINING GROUND FOR TERRORISM.

Anyway this war against a legitimate Libyan state is a warning to all African leaders and states to Obey. Also, I bet as he is out of the way, the US will get their long wanted wish for a permanent Military base in Africa which Gaddafi has been a party in opposing all this while.
@Kodewrita, hope you will be saying thank you to the World police when Nigeria is destabilized too or rather saved.

NOTE - Tunisia and Egypt had a real revolution, by the masses (NOT Heavily armed and funded rebels) without lifting up or firing a shot. But I guess OIL ain't there or in Yemen, Syria, Sudan etc

Stop being paranoid, even the UN security chief was interviewed by BBC and he called nigeria a 'medium to low threat' region hence their low security budget. No one is stupid enough to try invading a 150m strong country.

No country that big has been invaded anywhere in the world in the last 15_20 years. None. Being this big has its advantages,.

You would rather deny the libyans their freedom so you can feel nice.

He's gone and the world is a better place without im. Next on the list, Mugabe. Time to remove thabumbling idiot.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by kodewrita(m): 5:50pm On Aug 30, 2011
And shame on you as a nation if you must wait for the west before you can emancipate your country.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by EuroMeko(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ OP, since Gaddafi is your Brother then Aisha is your Nephew right?

Okay I think she is guilty and I need to interrogate her, so please arrange to have her report to Bode Wasimi here in California grin
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by prettyboi1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2011
I'm simply tired of trying 2 say d same thing 2 many people. Gaddafi was simply victimized by the west because he refused 2be their pet. many of d things u guys heard about him r simply propaganda by the west & its deluded media. it really hurts me dat people don't educate themselves on these things &are so quick 2jump into conclusions. yes Gaddafi had his wrongs, which human being doesn't but dat man stood up to fight neo-colonialism &dictatorship from d west &so they hated him. as far as I'm concerned, Gaddafi wud probably have stepped down soon sef if not 4d interference of d west gingering an insurgency against his government. be sincere wouldn't that anger u if u were him. so he chose to stand up to them rather than cowar in fear. we shud take time out 2educate ourselves rather than just drawing conclusions based on one-sided stories. research more thoroughly on Gaddafi rather than just swallowing what the west has always painted about him? &we Africans should open our eyes & see these people don't care about us all they want is our wealth & an indirect modern day colonialism of our lands &they'd fight anyone by any means who tries to stand in their way. it may sound funny, but it's true. otherwise,if they truly love people of d world, why hasn't nato gone 2syria yet after 8months 2 overthrow al-Asad yet it was barely 3weeks after d libyan uprising dat they went 2libya & even if they go 2syria now, it'd be because people r already noticing their selfish interests so in order 2 cover such acts up, let them just go. OPEN UR EYES PEOPLE.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 26, 2011
pretty_boi:

I'm simply tired of trying 2 say d same thing 2 many people. Gaddafi was simply victimized by the west because he refused 2be their pet. many of d things u guys heard about him r simply propaganda by the west & its deluded media. it really hurts me dat people don't educate themselves on these things &are so quick 2jump into conclusions. yes Gaddafi had his wrongs, which human being doesn't but dat man stood up to fight neo-colonialism &dictatorship from d west &so they hated him. as far as I'm concerned, Gaddafi wud probably have stepped down soon sef if not 4d interference of d west gingering an insurgency against his government. be sincere wouldn't that anger u if u were him. so he chose to stand up to them rather than cowar in fear. we shud take time out 2educate ourselves rather than just drawing conclusions based on one-sided stories. research more thoroughly on Gaddafi rather than just swallowing what the west has always painted about him? &we Africans should open our eyes & see these people don't care about us all they want is our wealth & an indirect modern day colonialism of our lands &they'd fight anyone by any means who tries to stand in their way. it may sound funny, but it's true. otherwise,if they truly love people of d world, why hasn't nato gone 2syria yet after 8months 2 overthrow al-Asad yet it was barely 3weeks after d libyan uprising dat they went 2libya & even if they go 2syria now, it'd be because people r already noticing their selfish interests so in order 2 cover such acts up, let them just go. OPEN your EYES PEOPLE.

You made a lot of nonsensical assumptions and this si common amongst your types. As long as someone has a differing opinion from you then they are being spoon fed by the west, etc

Perhaps it's you that needs to open your eyes to the plight of certain sectors of Libya. It's not all bed of roses.

Gaddafis head has been on the chopping block for a long time.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by prettyboi1(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
Everyone deserves freedom yes! & so do the libyan people. but don't you think many of the "ntc" officials might have been fighting against Gaddafi's government simply because they want power too rather than the "freedom" of libyans they claimed to be fighting for? well only Gaddafi & them would know that a 100%.      YESTERDAY 26th october 2011 THE NTC CHAIRMAN/NEW LIBYAN PRESIDENT STATED "LIBYA WOULD NOW BE A SHARIA STATE & WOULD NOW BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS & PRINCIPLES OF SHARIA."

Also,when Gaddafi was president,because of his women empowerment & gender equality policies "POLYGAMY WAS NOT ALLOWED EXCEPT YOUR WIFE GAVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO MARRY A SECOND WIFE (i.e. you Cud only marry a 2nd wife if your wife was cool with it &gave you the legal go-ahead)." in my own opinion,this must have helped regulate their population's size too. it's barely a week since the "ntc" assumed governmental powers &the new interim president of libya has also abolished that law & replaced it with "FULL-TIME POLYGAMY WHERE YOU CAN MARRY AS MANY WIVES AS YOU WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK YOUR WIFE IF SHE'S OKAY WITH IT." Yet this new interim government of libya is also talking about women empowerment & gender equality. is that how to empower women? by marrying as many wives as you wish without caring how your wife feels about it? isn't that a typical tradition of the arabians that empowers men far above women thereby making women "slaves that barely have a say?" yet this same new government is talking about "women empowerment." well libyans now have the freedom they long wanted & I wish them "MORE FREEDOM."
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by kodewrita(m): 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2011
pretty_boi:

Everyone deserves freedom yes! & so do the libyan people. but don't you think many of the "ntc" officials might have been fighting against Gaddafi's government simply because they want power too rather than the "freedom" of libyans they claimed to be fighting for? well only Gaddafi & them would know that a 100%. YESTERDAY 26th october 2011 THE NTC CHAIRMAN/NEW LIBYAN PRESIDENT STATED "LIBYA WOULD NOW BE A SHARIA STATE & WOULD NOW BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS & PRINCIPLES OF SHARIA."

Also,when Gaddafi was president,because of his women empowerment & gender equality policies "POLYGAMY WAS NOT ALLOWED EXCEPT YOUR WIFE GAVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO MARRY A SECOND WIFE (i.e. you Cud only marry a 2nd wife if your wife was cool with it &gave you the legal go-ahead)." in my own opinion,this must have helped regulate their population's size too. it's barely a week since the "ntc" assumed governmental powers &the new interim president of libya has also abolished that law & replaced it with "FULL-TIME POLYGAMY WHERE YOU CAN MARRY AS MANY WIVES AS YOU WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK YOUR WIFE IF SHE'S OKAY WITH IT." Yet this new interim government of libya is also talking about women empowerment & gender equality. is that how to empower women? by marrying as many wives as you wish without caring how your wife feels about it? isn't that a typical tradition of the arabians that empowers men far above women thereby making women "slaves that barely have a say?" yet this same new government is talking about "women empowerment." well libyans now have the freedom they long wanted & I wish them "MORE FREEDOM."

yet more poorly thought crap.

Polygamy is a muslim, mormon and even an african tradition not ARABIC. besides he wasnt representative of his muslim people. So its only logical that a democracy should respect the wishes of its citizens and go the popular way ( which happens to be the islamic way).
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by prettyboi1(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
kodewrita:

yet more poorly thought crap.

Polygamy is a muslim, mormon and even an african tradition not ARABIC. besides he wasnt representative of his muslim people. So its only logical that a democracy should respect the wishes of its citizens and go the popular way ( which happens to be the islamic way).

Stop contradicting yourself. if there's no problem with the new president of libya re-instating polygamy because it's an arabian thing,then also stop making a fuss about Gaddafi's long stay in power,that's typical in all all I REPEAT ALL ARAB countries,Mubarak was there 4 over 2decades,ben ali was there 4Some decades,the head in the u.a.e. has been there 4 several years,syria's al-asad has been there 4 over 2decades,yemen's president has been there 4 a couple decades,the king of saudi arabia has been there 4 decades,the king of morocco has been there a couple decades too likewise many many of the people that were there b4 them. if you don't know,there is not a single arab country on earth that practices democracy. turkey tho in europe isn't an arab country but is d only entirely muslim country close to any of these countries that practices democracy. also ur talking about freedom right? do you think most libyans want libya to be a sharia country? is that supposed to be the "freedom" they always wanted? The new government of libya has imposed sharia law on the whole country. if it is "arabian" to be polygamous without asking what your wife thinks about it,democracy is not an arab thing. so Bro get ur facts right park well &get better things to attack Gaddafi with.
Re: The Lies Against Brother Leader Muammar Gaddafi by kodewrita(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2011
Can't you slow down and read carefully for once?

I said clearly its not an Arab tradition per se, its a muslim thing. Besides most men in libya can't even marry one wife talkless 4 because they can't afford it.

Ghadaffi kept salaries artificially low for years and ensured that people as old as 33 are still staying in their parents houses. Only now that he's gone can they even have a hope of getting married to ONE wife. Read the link below and gain more wisdom.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2011/10/26/libya_sexual_revolution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

With $70 Billion, Mubarak Is World’s Richest Dictator / OPEC Bars Bloomberg, Reuters, WSJ Reporters From Vienna Conference / Nelson Mandela Is Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.