Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided (50242 Views)

NCC Warns Against Use Of Unapproved Phones / NCC Reveals What’ll Happen To People Without NIN After October 31 Deadline / How Well Did Camon CX Fare In Nigerian Markets? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by JudahTheDream: 1:05pm On Dec 04, 2022
hspda:

That's one thing I dislike about Nigerians. Some people have already positioned their minds not to like or welcome any government policy, no matter how lucrative it is. They are ready to bash the government at any given time.

loool! Can u blame nigerians for dt? With state ds country is climbing poverty stairs with streaks n smiles? High rated stuffs every where! Nothing is cheap in naija again everyday na price hike! Frm fuel to nepa to food to clothes to t.fares etc and u expect people not talk against them even if d stuff is right! D pains frm dere wahala is too MUCH!
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by babajero(m): 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Make them just banned all transsion dog shit

That is one problem with Nigerians
We can never see anything good in what the government is doing

In developed nations reason you can't see substandard phone in the market

I can bet my balls infinix and tecno dog shit are not allowed in some developed countries

You wrote rubbish.
You are comparing your Nigerian market that can't even produce a calculator to advanced countries that consume their own technologies and have good and well payment structure. How much is infinix and Tecno compared to the iPhone and Samsung the politicians use and how much is the basic salary of a Nigerian worker? How basic salary earners in Nigeria can afford iPhone and Samsung?

1 Like

Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by SaLongs1(m): 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I can bet my balls infinix and tecno dog shit are not allowed in some developed countries

I wouldn't believe anything from that NCC myself
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by zionstaar75: 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

u can't enter USA with any of the 2 brands
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Mampolo: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2022
But why are the phns available in the market
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Elibaba1: 1:21pm On Dec 04, 2022
NCC One of the top 5 juiciest Agency of the federal government to work. If you know, you know….
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Moh247: 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2022
Glorified powerbank with screen
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Dtygz: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2022
omoadeleye:

You have mental issues...

Those old enough like me and more in your extended family have generational mental issues. grin
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by ogene144(m): 1:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
[quote author=IbroMaka post=118891869]Is there anything unapproved for use in this country...

Anyways.... I get 4 bedroom building for lease @ Abeokuta. Everything dey inside from furniture to cookware to solar power. Call or text digits on my signature.[/quote
Where in Abeokuta and price drop your WhatsApp number.]
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by annisy(f): 1:41pm On Dec 04, 2022
If the phones are not approved how did it get into the country this is the question we should be asking... It shows the Govt failed in its duties because it is not my duty to control the borders, but the government praise singers will never agree
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2022
How does this affect the astronomical cost of living in Rivers State. Get lost with your empty warnings whilst you await the next opportunity to embezzle public funds.

You lots don't mean well for this country. Keep your warnings
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by fitinwell: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2022
okoIYAyin:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has cautioned consumers against the patronage and use of devices that have not been approved.

The commission also announced tough sanctions on marketers selling counterfeit devices to Nigerians.

NCC stated this in a statement after its team arrested one Yahaya Ado of Gezawa Communications Limited for selling counterfeit Gionee devices.

Ado, NCC also revealed was unable to show any evidence of authorisation granted to the company by the commission.

NCC, in its statement, warned that the unapproved devices have negatively affected the quality of experience while leaving their users vulnerable to losses and other discomfort.

DailyTrust reports that the NCC’s Head of Enforcement, Mallam Salisu Abdu, who led the team, expressed concerns at how the GSM Market on Beirut Street, Kano, was awash with counterfeit and non-type approved phones.

Here is a list of unapproved phones in Nigeria;

Gionee branded phones with model numbers G800, and L990;

H-Mobile phones with model numbers it5606+, and H351;

FoxKong with model numbers F30, and F300;

KGTEL phones with model numbers K2160 and KG1100.

Meanwhile, the NCC website has compiled a list of 1,891 approved phone types from various manufacturers.

The phones listed are those made by Nokia, Apple, Fero, Motorola, Huawei, Sony Ericsson, Itel, LG Samsung, among several others.

SOURCE: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1507500-list-unapprove-phones-markets-nigerians-avoid-ncc-warns-use/

Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by blackpanda: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2022
Dtygz:
Rubbish as usual from a useless commission. Important issues won't be tackled effectively.

And what are the important issues??
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Cmanforall: 2:55pm On Dec 04, 2022
okoIYAyin:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has cautioned consumers against the patronage and use of devices that have not been approved.

The commission also announced tough sanctions on marketers selling counterfeit devices to Nigerians.

NCC stated this in a statement after its team arrested one Yahaya Ado of Gezawa Communications Limited for selling counterfeit Gionee devices.

Ado, NCC also revealed was unable to show any evidence of authorisation granted to the company by the commission.

NCC, in its statement, warned that the unapproved devices have negatively affected the quality of experience while leaving their users vulnerable to losses and other discomfort.

DailyTrust reports that the NCC’s Head of Enforcement, Mallam Salisu Abdu, who led the team, expressed concerns at how the GSM Market on Beirut Street, Kano, was awash with counterfeit and non-type approved phones.

Here is a list of unapproved phones in Nigeria;

Gionee branded phones with model numbers G800, and L990;

H-Mobile phones with model numbers it5606+, and H351;

FoxKong with model numbers F30, and F300;

KGTEL phones with model numbers K2160 and KG1100.

Meanwhile, the NCC website has compiled a list of 1,891 approved phone types from various manufacturers.

The phones listed are those made by Nokia, Apple, Fero, Motorola, Huawei, Sony Ericsson, Itel, LG Samsung, among several others.

SOURCE: https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/economy/1507500-list-unapprove-phones-markets-nigerians-avoid-ncc-warns-use/
Is this NCC duty or SON duty?
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Cmanforall: 2:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

They are not allowed because they are substandard. But if you come with it from Nigeria, you're free to use it
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by mod9: 2:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
NA1RALANDER:
Wahala... I don't even understand the meaningfulness of this information...
Use GIONEE S11 lite then you will understand the meaning of the information.
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Juoflife1(f): 3:12pm On Dec 04, 2022
They should add infinix to the list
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Allisgud: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

are they suppose to tell us or tell SON and the custom service,so many substandard goods in the market and they want us to be doing their work
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by Nko1: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
Oh
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by YaQsGaYa(m): 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2022
As una no get work wetin remain
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by headbasher96(m): 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2022
Hausa man no go tell me phone wey i go use
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by deavicky(m): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2022
Jobless people trying to be relevant or they are looking for bribe. For curiosity sake how did dey know it's fake? (Just asking because we nevered set any standard).who told them people buying those devices do not know the quality.
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by NA1RALANDER(f): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2022
mod9:
Use GIONEE S11 lite then you will understand the meaning of the information.

Can you explain more on the Gionee S11 lite example you gave..??
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by stevups(m): 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2022
All those operators, marketers need is that money must exchange hands before operation. Nothing more nothing less.
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by okorogodwin4(m): 5:57pm On Dec 04, 2022
NCC are clowns which phone can Nigeria produce
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by akaleb2015(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2022
Which phones should we now be buying mr ncc apc?
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by LordPherule(m): 3:06am On Dec 05, 2022
Re: NCC Reveals List Of Unapproved Phones In Nigerian Markets That Should Be Avoided by LordPherule(m): 6:38am On Jan 28, 2023
FAST BLOCKING

- CashApp (Auto), Cash Mailing, Gadgets & co Packages

- Interac E-Transfer, Zelle, PayPal (FnF only), Payoneer & Dom Funds

- USDT, BTC, ETH, & co Altcoin

Check my signature/bio for contact.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

:::Research Room On Browsing::: / Infinix Launches Its Brand Of TV Into Nigerian Market / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.