Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

"Soso"by Omah Lay - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "Soso"by Omah Lay (6953 Views)

Should I Stick With Her Or Move On–boyfriend Of The Lady Rocked By Omah Lay Says / Omah Lay Soso Video (girls N*ked & Having S"x) / Omah Lay Soso Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Soso"by Omah Lay by youngreezy(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2022
Hello everyone I know the election wahala is around the corner and we are all focused on making nigeria great again by electing the right person but let's divert a little, which brings me to my question.....Have you guys listened to "soso"by omah lay?,it's one of my favorite songs this year,the beat,the vocals,the way he delivered each verse was top notch...Until I stumbled across the video on youtube today and my mind started racing towards different things at a time.
What was the message omah lay was trying to pass in that song??because it seemed like he was begging a water spirit to take away his pains,well to confirm my suspicion,I read a lot of comments and guess what??I was kinda right!!!!,a lot of people where saying the song had spiritual meaning and that omah lay was going through serious depression and mental illness and drug addiction and that he went to the water spirit for success in his musical career hence the additions and depression....so guys what do you think...share your thoughts thank you.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Nettybrown(m): 7:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
youngreezy:
Hello everyone I know the election wahala is around the corner and we are all focused on making nigeria great again by electing the right person but let's divert a little, which brings me to my question.....Have you guys listened to "soso"by omah lay?,it's one of my favorite songs this year,the beat,the vocals,the way he delivered each verse was top notch...Until I stumbled across the video on youtube today and my mind started racing towards different things at a time.
What was the message omah lay was trying to pass in that song??because it seemed like he was begging a water spirit to take away his pains,well to confirm my suspicion,I read a lot of comments and guess what??I was kinda right!!!!,a lot of people where saying the song had spiritual meaning and that omah lay was going through serious depression and mental illness and drug addiction and that he went to the water spirit for success in his musical career hence the additions and depression....so guys what do you think...share your thoughts thank you.....

Hmmmmmm!
I went through the lyrics today and I was like wow!
These our musical artists dey waka o! Their leg long gan ni o!
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Silasloaded(m): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
youngreezy:
The beat was nice even the vocals was the best for me this is one of the best song that goes with emotion.
My friend chizoba just succeeded in scoring the music using his keyboard.
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by youngreezy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nettybrown:

Hmmmmmm!
I went through the lyrics today and I was like wow!
These our musical artists dey waka o! Their leg long gan ni o!
bro that song make me know say most of these musicians hands no pure

1 Like

Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by youngreezy(m): 9:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Silasloaded:
The beat was nice even the vocals was the best for me this is one of the best song that goes with emotion.
My friend chizoba just succeeded in scoring the music using his keyboard.
bro we're talking about the message omah lay was passing through that song
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Owlswift(m): 3:41pm On Jan 03, 2023
As much as I love this song, I never knew it had this spiritual interpretation until I paid attention to the lyrics. I still tell myself I'm the song no 1 fan..cos I really loved it but these musicians can't be trusted.

No one can change my mind..this song has spiritual meaning to it and I think we need to pay much attention to their lyrics and not just fall in love to with their rythm
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by youngreezy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
Owlswift:
As much as I love this song, I never knew it had this spiritual interpretation until I paid attention to the lyrics. I still tell myself I'm the song no 1 fan..cos I really loved it but these musicians can't be trusted.

No one can change my mind..this song has spiritual meaning to it and I think we need to pay much attention to their lyrics and not just fall in love to with their rythm
the song was one of my favorite songs last year,but when I watched the video,I was dumbfounded, didn't know he was talking about something else,I thought it was a love song...lol
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by kushercain: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2023
Water no get enemy
Till you fall for Oshimiri

1 Like

Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Chiraq77(m): 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2023
Yall Just Sit at Home and Cook Up what ever makes you feel smart

The Song is about a Girl.
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Seandisputed(m): 4:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Chiraq77:
Yall Just Sit at Home and Cook Up what ever makes you feel smart

The Song is about a Girl.
The lyrics are too deep for him to be talking about a girl.
It's a deep song.
Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by ReluctantAdult(m): 5:15pm On Jan 07, 2023
The song depicts Omah being haunted by his demons(dancers in black) and smeared with all sorta shi and life's challenges (paints).

He's tired, weak and dejected and turns to his African water god to cry for help because he can't stand the pain anymore.

It's spiritual, it's deep, it resonates with a lot of people going through some dark, lonely phases in life and are totally helpless and down. I know because I was there too.

Now, whoever you turn to in your dark days is your choice. What matters most is that you get the relief, solace and answer you desperately need in that trying time. Else, you might self-destruct, honestly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Tunjesty(m): 8:00pm On Jan 31, 2023
I think the song is not actually about depression...to me it's like omah lay is begging for forgiveness and reconciliation probably with the diety he is singing to....like this line
"Soso come and help me oh 'cause I don pray
Maami, I don break commandment
I can't stay for one place
For God sake, oh my dear
Come and ginger me
Only you dey feel my pains
Give me vitamins wey go take these pains away.
Maybe he has done something against the vow he took he is punished for that...who knows?
But that song surely have some shitty spiritual meaning that is not good to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Soso"by Omah Lay by Dangrace01: 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2023
Something dey this jam

(1) (Reply)

ffff / Ladies Please Stop Doing These Things!!!! / Name That Girl On Nairaland You Will Love To Have A Date With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.