Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:07 PM

President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina (298 Views)

Coups: We Will Continue To Defend Democracy And The Constitution - COAS Lagbaja / Remi Tinubu Visits Buhari In Daura, Katsina / Atiku Abubakar Campaigns In Daura, Katsina. See How He Was Welcomed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
PRESIDENT BUHARI VOWS TO DEFENCE OF DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA

President Muhammadu Buhari Wednesday reaffirmed the commitment of Nigeria to work with Guinea Bissau and other countries towards sustaining and strengthening democracy and good governance in the sub-region and the entire African continent.

President Buhari gave the assurance in the course of a one-day State Visit to the embattled West African country, giving words of encouragement to the people of the country for standing with the democratically chosen administration of President Umaro Sissoco Embaló against threats by undemocratic forces.

The President welcomed the conferment of the country’s highest national honour, the Amilcar Cabral Award upon him and the naming of a major street in Bissau, the capital city, after him.

Said the President: “In the course of this one-day official visit to Bissau today, we had an opportunity to review the state of our bilateral relations, and to share concerns on the challenges facing us in the region. I very much appreciate the naming of two roads in my honour, as well as being conferred with the highest honour of Guinea Bissau.

“I am personally grateful to you, your government and the people of this fine country. I believe all of these were possible because of the persevering stand of Nigeria in ensuring that Guinea Bissau remains on the side of Democratic Governance.

“Nigeria’s strong stand through the ECOWAS, in insisting and pushing for the full implementation of the Conakry Peace Agreement by imposing sanctions on nineteen (19) individuals who impeded the implementation of the Conakry Agreement helped to restore peace that now prevails in Guinea Bissau.

“Guinea Bissau and Nigeria have come a long way. Our cordial relations date back to Guinea Bissau’s liberation struggle from Portugal when Nigeria supported the African Party for the Independence of Guinea and Cape Verde.

“Nigeria has on its own, as well as through ECOWAS, intervened at critical periods in the life of this country, making immense direct contributions as well as, by supporting international efforts on the peace process in Guinea Bissau. This fact has further reinforced our relations, enhanced understanding and trust between our two countries.”

The President then congratulated the people of Guinea Bissau for rallying around Abhay , a name he fondly calls “the energetic and visionary President Embalo.’’

He encouraged the people of Bissau-Guineans to support the entrenchment of democratic values in their country, saying:

‘‘You should always ensure that the electoral process is conducted in free and fair conditions.”

President Buhari concluded his address by assuring President Embalo of the continued disposition of Nigeria towards reinforcing cooperation with Guinea Bissau both at bilateral and multilateral levels.

On his part, the President of Guinea Bissau praised Nigeria for always standing with them in their 20 years of instability.

“You have assisted us with our elections. You have assisted in stabilizing Guinea Bissau. I assure that your support for democracy in this country and the entire subregion is much appreciated by the people, who as you have seen trooped to greet you.''

President Embalo assured President Buhari that he will follow in his footsteps in ensuring free and fair elections in his country and leaving on time when his tenure ends.

He also thanked the President for assisting the country with 70 doctors who perform the dual duties of training the Guineans and performing surgeries in the country without their citizens having to travel to Portugal.

On the “Amilcar Cabral Award” conferred on the President and the major street named as Muhammadu Buhari Boulevard, President Embalo said the two events reflected the most solemn moment of the country and a recognition of the stabilizing role President Buhari is playing in the life of his country, as well as the his defence of democracy and its values throughout the subregion.

President Embalo promised to re-invite President Buhari to commission the new Presidential Villa, now under construction even after leaving office, and the edifice is to be named Muhammadu Buhari Villa.

Nigerian officials that received the country’s merit award are: Geoffrey Onyeama, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Maj-Gen. Babagana Monguno, the National Security Adviser, the Chief of Staff to the President, Ambassador Ibrahim Gambari and Ambassador Ahmed Rufai Abubakar, the Director General of the National Intelligence Agency.

The others are Sarki Abba, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Domestic Matters and the State Chief of Protocol, Ambassador Lawal Kazaure.

The President landed in Katsina and is now in Daura, his hometown for 2 weeks vacation.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
December 7, 2022

SOURCE @ LordViccoDaGuru

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0kAGTUQQU4jUfuhrZd1HQtEYLzWKpfNUsgM3oEub31jg6QXEmUQHMe7qyyhBCusV5l&id=100011193364134&sfnsn=scwspwa&mibextid=6aamW6

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:34pm On Dec 07, 2022
Any news about Buhari is giving the opposition f00L Peter Obituary and his social media deceivers sleepless nights grin

My Leader President Buhari will keep on surprising you people. APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN.

Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2022

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by TermuxDarkWeb(m): 9:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Good Job bro, send me ur account details u derserve my reward

Thank you very much sir I really appreciate your kind guesture. I have sent to you on WhatsApp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
TermuxDarkWeb:

Thank you very much sir I really appreciate your kind guesture. I have sent to you on WhatsApp

I am now picking boys here for training. To continue from where I stop by May 29,2023 when I will be resting with my Leader President Buhari
Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:53pm On Dec 07, 2022
Mr. Embalo is taking Buhari issue for head.

Buhari, the man, the enigma.
Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
The truth bitters alot

Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by PureMe01: 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:
Any news about Buhari is giving the opposition f00L Peter Obituary and his social media deceivers sleepless nights grin

My Leader President Buhari will keep on surprising you people. APC WILL rule Nigeria till the second coming of Christ AMEN.

Same Buhari is the reason why your thiefnubuu has been rejected NATIONWIDE cos APC failed woefully in all ramifications and we appreciate Buhari for that. If not,Obi wouldn't have stood a chance talk more of being the front-runner which he is now.

And unfortunately for u,same Buhari doesn't care about thiefnubuu. He's dedicated to free fair election for all the players. Reason why thiefnubuu is moaning about the BVAs now and crying to INEC grin grin grin

Buhari dealing with thiefnubuu left right center grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by PureMe01: 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

Good Job bro, send me ur account details u derserve my reward
Broke ass nairaland billionaire posting with another moniker and replying himself, demanding for account details. Fraudsters in APC. No wonder thiefnubuu wan become Donald Duke all of a sudden grin grin grin

Agbado Scammers grin grin
Re: President Buhari Vows To Defend Democracy In Africa, Lands In Daura Katsina by omonnakoda: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
HOMEWORK

How many Fulani Heads of State in West Africa?

(1) (Reply)

Permanent Voter's Cards Found In Soak Away In Lagos, They Have Started!! / Thisday-arise Tv/tinubu Face-off: APC Chieftain Angry On How PCC's Handled It / Current News About Bola Ahmed Tinubu You Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.