Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,375 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience (80868 Views)

The Deplorable State Of Zamfara Corpers Lodge / Your NYSC Questions Answered / My NYSC Experience In Pixs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by tpia5: 11:59am On Jan 25, 2012
Dont see why not.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 30, 2012
am a 2011 batch c corper. Serving in ogun state.
Although I had the opportunity to serve in delta which by the way happens to be where I have lived all my life, I decided to go to ogun state as that would give me the chance to experience other cultures.
One of my challenges remains the language, coming from a multicultural state to ogun has been a whole new experience for me.

The only pain I have is one of idleness. I hate doing nothing and being drafted to the. Department of works at the abeokuta south local govt has only made that problem worse.
On the whole I have made some good friends that I will cherish forever,

But I wouldn't mind o if anyone in ogun state can help get me something doing.
I am versatile with computers, loves imparting knowledge, and volunteering for NGO. Just anything to keep me busy.
Contact me on 07038214645
In conclusion Nysc is favourable for the lucky few who get to do something worthwhile. But for the others its a waste of time.

All the same I thank God who has brought me thus far. And I can't wait to pass out and start my career in full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by donsola(m): 3:39pm On Jun 05, 2012
simmy: I haven't served yet! And this is my third year out of school! I dont know who's mad at me but my name keeps getting left out everytime it's time 4 camp. I got left out this February again! I should be in camp right now!! It's getting really maddening because originally i planned to get an M.sc in U.k but my now confused parents insisted on me serving my country first. In fact, at a point in time , my father felt I was lieing about being a graduate. Anyhow, i guess I was a little careless because i assumed i didn't have to follow up on my being called to camp. Now I know better!

Which school did u attend? lemme guess OOU!!!
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 09, 2013
I enjoyed everybit of the stories here ooo, I never wished Village for my NYSC but all this Village stories make man wanna........ Ahh..... Ahhh!!!!

The programme should not be scrapped but reviewed cuz the Allowee( and the ''chua-chua'' if any) is what actually sustain some peeps pending the time employment go take over!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by meerah25(f): 7:45am On Jan 10, 2013
davidylan: NYSC was fun only because i was able to move from my "town" (actually a hamlet!) to the "city" (really?) in Yola and i got posted to teach some course at the Fed University of Tech, Yola.
NYSC is more like a death sentence, apart from the friends you make and the fact that it's so far from home, you don't gain anything. it drains your money, soul, morale and patriotism. That is when, especially if posted to the north, you realise that we are really 2 different countries forced into one. Everything is completely opposite in the north. Can u imagine a whole state capital without light, water, internet services, GSM (then)? And it's called the state capital?
i can only imagine what those posted to those 15th century 'villages' went through!

which state was that?and what year do you serve?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by basinas04: 1:04pm On Feb 10, 2013
Hello Corpers, av jst bin mobilized n my favourite states'r EDO n RIVERS bt I dunno which's better. I'd rily apreciate info n advice 4rm corpers or people who'r servin or av served in these states...
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by dayolawore: 7:49am On Mar 17, 2013
Presently servin as a batch c memba in Kwakuti village, along Minna-Abj Rd, Niger state. I'll say d pple r much more accommodatin nd we enjoy very constant water nd electricity supply, free ride to nd fro suleja, minna, etc (once we're in our nysc attires). Hweva, my lodge can b said 2 b d worst! Very old nd dilapidated,(i think it has neva bin renovated since it was built in God-knows d yr), makeshift bathroom etc; d sku inclusive. We're only prayin nd hopin dat d lodge wont collapse on us dis rainin season cos we've bin livin in its fear!
It's bin a kinda mixed xperience sha, i must say
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by yungblud: 10:20am On May 18, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by gazal4real: 9:28am On Oct 31, 2013
Plz am posted to Adamawa but we wre informed dat d camping wil b in taraba state.I jst want t knw weda we are going nxt wik or by mnth ending?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by successbayo: 10:36am On Nov 03, 2013
Pls am in batch C 2013, how is ogun state orientation camp like?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 13, 2013
please what is their posting principles now? I heard that if you school in North, u get posted in North. How true is this? Thanks
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2013
I believe the NYSC scheme is an opportunity of grace from God for you fulfil his grace in your life, and make up for ur lapses back school before entering the larger world. pray for his directives as u maximise it.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Xtrafavour(m): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
embarassed
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by dotman10(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2013
alheri: thats a nice picture, dargly.

Anyway, I served in 2001. I had the connections "as someone earlier put it" and so I worked my posting to Abuja since that was were I lived with my family. I was also able to work my posting to Fed. Min. Of Women affairs cause I was pregnant during service and wanted a place I would be comfortable. Anyway, I was posted to the child development depertmanet and further to their work place Nursery and creche' behind the police head qtrs in Abuja. I had a very nice time there and I also learnt alot in that day care. I learnt alot about kids and that has helped in shaping me to be the kind of mother I am now. I never really liked kids while growing up, I was kinda spoilt so kids were like competition to me. But going and working in that place opened my eyes to alot of things about children and child handling. I learnt so much about kids, there temperaments, eating habits, learning abilities, thier differences and so much more. I thot it would be a good place to laze and sloth during my service year cause I didnt want stress but am a better person from the experiences I got from that place. When my son came, I could take him to work with me and it was soo nice spending all that time with him.

I know alot of people who had a hard time during thier service year and I feel for them. I thank God mine was not so bad and the experiences from that time has helped till date. It was not a waste of a year for me, it was a very good year for me.
After all the analysis from left and right, am really coming so scared as am waiting to me mobilized by feb or july...if "who u knw" usually goes a long way in determining once experience for that one year, I think I know God and now u "alheri". I beliv it is a blessing for me to have come across u this morning. Pls how can u be of help to me plsss....my email is ibdotkoko@gmail.com.I will appreciate if u can gve me some lead to follow. Thank u in advance.

1 Like

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by joannessam: 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2013
[quote author=harte]well, i,m a yoruba gal and i served in imo.if u're serious bout this,i'd be glad to share mine.which lga are you in imo.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Cabsso(m): 7:34am On Dec 04, 2013
davidylan: NYSC was fun only because i was able to move from my "town" (actually a hamlet!) to the "city" (really?) in Yola and i got posted to teach some course at the Fed University of Tech, Yola.
NYSC is more like a death sentence, apart from the friends you make and the fact that it's so far from home, you don't gain anything. it drains your money, soul, morale and patriotism. That is when, especially if posted to the north, you realise that we are really 2 different countries forced into one. Everything is completely opposite in the north. Can u imagine a whole state capital without light, water, internet services, GSM (then)? And it's called the state capital?
i can only imagine what those posted to those 15th century 'villages' went through!
Name of d state 4us 2believ u
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2013
Cabsso:
Name of d state 4us 2believ u
he mentioned Yola as capital, even a Nursery student knows that's Adamawa state

1 Like

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by NnamdiN: 9:00am On Jul 04, 2014
Lagos corpers Experiences please.
Help a confused dude
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by NnamdiN: 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2014
corpersng:

Why are you confused?

Meanwhile, Kindly visit www.corpers.ng and invite your friends
want lag coz of my business, however my service year was supposed to be a year of a rest+a lil hustle, just wanna know if it's worth it. So far, I haven't heard any good testimony from any lag corper
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Footlocker(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2014
2014A FCT CORPER! every bodies different I guess am just interested in getting my discharge certificate! If your broke your stay in camp will be boring! Toilet facilities are shit! Literally speaking you'd walk into bathroom areas and see a poop on the ground! Kubwa camp was full so we had to camp in Keffi! There a whole lotta bored honeys on camp tho! grin. To all the sharp shooters there ripe for the picking! If your accidentally posted to FCT ie if you didn't have plans to come here then your going to face some accommodation issues!
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Can anyone pls explain the concept of cds? Can i be permitted to Choose?
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by portix: 1:22pm On Jul 14, 2014

Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Icecooljay(m): 11:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lmao....with all ur comments, NYSC sounds far from interesting, going nxt month and I hope I have a better experience than u all.
Re: Corpers' Lodge: Ask Questions & Share Your NYSC Experience by Omojuwagem(f): 7:34am On Jul 16, 2014
Nysc is an iniative of the nigerian government with the primary purpose of fostering unity between its diverse culture.though it is not without its flaws,it has been achieving this objective since inception. Www.fybcorner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prospective NYSC 2016 Batch B II Corps Members / NYSC Member Got People Talking As She Bares Cleavage In Her Uniform / Female Student's Love Letter To A Male Corper In Kaduna (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.