Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business (16930 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? / Should I Quit This Job And Return Home? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Effizybozz: 7:39am On Dec 08, 2022
I’m confused right now and need a solution!!

I’m actually working (45k month) and I’m also doing business but my business is booming sometimes I sell close to (150-200k a month) and the work is really giving me small stress sha! It a government work. I’m thinking of quitting and focusing on my business but I’m scared that if I quit I will loose to opportunity of doing government work or what if my business crash tomorrow.. I do sell stuff online and it kinda generating me good money… but I don’t know what to do.

Your opinions are needed here! If you were in my shoe what will u do?? No insult please

13 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by HarlequinLekex: 7:50am On Dec 08, 2022
If your biz has a good future, quit the job. Before quitting the job, make an evaluation of what "your expenses and ur standard of living" will be if you quit the job and if your biz don't seem to fare well for like 6 months. Then make ur choice.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by thesicilian: 7:52am On Dec 08, 2022
The Nigerian economy of today is not something one can brave with just one source of income, no matter how lucrative it might be.

Continue the two. Find a better way to manage your time and stress. With time you might even be able to add other sources of income.

229 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by sammirano: 8:10am On Dec 08, 2022
If you are really passionate about you business, you will dump short that slaving work. Grow your business and be rich.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by aynana2000: 8:21am On Dec 08, 2022
Truck driving is the way to go. It is a goldmine abroad. The good news is that there is now standard truck academy in sango-ota ogun state named Truckademy. You can check them out on google.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Xxx123xxx(m): 8:25am On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

I’m actually working (45k month) and I’m also doing business but my business is booming sometimes I sell close to (150-200k a month) and the work is really giving me small stress sha! It a government work. I’m thinking of quitting and focusing on my business but I’m scared that if I quit I will loose to opportunity of doing government work or what if my business crash tomorrow.. I do sell stuff online and it kinda generating me good money… but I don’t know what to do.

Your opinions are needed here! If you were in my shoe what will u do?? No insult please
..Do not quit, I repeat Do not quit. It would profit you more to manage your work stress then lose you second source of income. Times are hard don't shoot yourself on the leg.

67 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by SamOchuko: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

Don’t quit since it is a government job, work your transfer to a place where you won’t have to go to work daily or better still reason with your boss if he/she can work out a loose schedule for you. Success

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by joyousever(f): 9:15am On Dec 08, 2022
But since your business is online, why should it be stressful with your offline ( government) job? You better not quit your government job that has security irrespective of economic instability. Economic forces can affect your business but your government job remains constant! Besides, it is pensionable and offers you gratuity on retirement. The ball is in your court.

39 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by olasaad(f): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

Don't quit at least it's government job, you will always have the time for your business.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by jesmond3945: 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

no bro dont

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by QuinModah(f): 3:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
Na you go loose oif you quit

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Pickmycall: 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Stay put to your government work.
Employ some one you trust who can be managing your business.Dont pay peanut as salary since you say your business is booming.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Thanos5555: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by bestman09(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2022
Your business is your personal property, while your job is public property.

Focus on your business and build it up. Remove negative thoughts and you will be surprised how far you will go

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by ahnie: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
45k per month govt job.....how?
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by PrettyBolu(f): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

You said your business sells close to 150k to 200k a month. Is that profit or total sales? If it is profit, then quit your job immediately. But if it is total sales, you have to calculate the profit. Is the profit greater than your 45k monthly salary?

Do not be carried away by total sales amount

26 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by makavalley(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
thesicilian:
The Nigerian economy of today is not something one can brave with just one source of income, no matter how lucrative it might be.

Continue the two. Find a better way to manage your time and stress. With time you might even be able to add other sources of income.

Listen to this person, this what you need for present day Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by BettingScam: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
Yes
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by abobote: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2022
150 to 200k in a month is not that much, except they are all profit

Manage the stress till the business stabilized, before quiting the job, except you are sure the sells will increase once you give it �% attention

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by sofeo(m): 3:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
Mhmmm.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Realists(m): 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
thesicilian:

People work 3 to 4 jobs abroad, which is rear here, guy add another job to make it 3.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by OnboardingTeam: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Sometimes, every little savings can help make a difference

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by fitinwell: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

Is your salary regular paided as when due?

Is your Salary fixing your monthly budget?

Can your Business Pay you more than ₦45000 monthly?

Answer pls

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Longerhanger(m): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
Since it's online business, there is no need quitting d government job. Don't 4get, making sales of up to 200k a month might not mean that u are making gains or profits up to 50k. Having 2 or more source of income is not a bad idea

7 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by atinga1: 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2022
How is doing both stressful?
If you quit that job, you'll regret losing it.
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
Yes ! If you got Good Business Plan and Enough Capital . Plus a Backup Plan cool

1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by FrancescoFarino(f): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2022
Give me one of the two please...
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by fetrillion(m): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
Effizybozz:

For you contemplating to quit that government job in the first place tells how bereft you are.

Considering the state of this economy,you want to quit a government job for a business that could crash tomorrow.

People advicing you to quit are only doing so because they don't have the privilege you have.Business is not really viable this days,manage your stress please.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Omniman(m): 3:54pm On Dec 08, 2022
cool
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by Johndevmark: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
ahnie:
45k per month govt job.....how?
Very possible. There are people earning less than that on a gov't job
Re: Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business by seyigiggle: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
if you are single, QUIT!!!
however, think of another source of income before quitting.

If you are married, DO NOT QUIT!!!!!

i understand the stress because i am in similar shoes, but a six figure salary, and my business also gives me six figures profit monthly,.

by the way, do you mean a profit of 150-200k?

Effizybozz:

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Department Of Petroleum Resources Question And Answers Forum / People That Get Jobs Without Connections And Work Experiences How Did You Do It? / British Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.