Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? (1287 Views)

Why I Won't Allow My Brother To Bring His Wife Abroad- Nigerian Lady, Arike(vid) / Should I Allow My Mother-in-law In Our Home? I Need Advice / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by 99tayee: 11:08am On Dec 09, 2022
Good day all, please no mind my english.

There is something that has been bothering me for a while now. I have been on loggerheads with my wife of some certain things regarding our 3 months old baby development.

Recently she started to make him sit with her support e.g making him sit on her lap, using two hands to bring him up from bed and allowing him to sit for a while and also using pillows to support him to sit.

I'm very much concerned about this whole thing but will like to hear from you guy if it's okay or is bad.

The boy is beginning to like the idea of sitting
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by ecolime(m): 11:41am On Dec 09, 2022
3 months to sit? shocked

Why are you in an unnecessary rush? You want to break his neck and backbone?

Most babies start sitting from 6 months. Be guided.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by sisisioge: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2022
Some people who later had to deal with some spinal issues started from what your wife is doing. Please tell her to read about baby developmental milestone online to get an idea. Should the babies surpass the milestone on their own, no problem but do not push them. It is well....may God bless our children.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Mindlog: 12:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
She shouldn't force it, it is too early, developmentally. Let him continue to enjoy his tummy time, cheesy

"The boy is beginning to like the idea of sitting"..... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by merieam16(f): 12:07pm On Dec 09, 2022
Lolzz...i guess this is her first child but sometimes i wonder about nigerian parents we too like to dey rush

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by RoyalBlu(f): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2022
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Fountainofyouth(f): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2022
My son is 4 months old and he sits with support, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Saintmary(f): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
99tayee:

There is something that has been bothering me for a while now. I have been on loggerheads with my wife of some certain things regarding our 3 months old baby development.

Recently she started to make him sit with her support e.g making him sit on her lap, using two hands to bring him up from bed and allowing him to sit for a while and also using pillows to support him to sit.

I'm very much concerned about this whole thing but will like to hear from you guy if it's okay or is bad.

Too early

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by backnbeta(f): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
Why the rush? Is the baby trying to sit up himself? Is he lifting his neck, shoulders when lying down? Even at that, I think she should wait till 4 months undecided

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by tee59(f): 1:45pm On Dec 09, 2022
Why forcing the baby to sit? Don't create unnecessary health challenges for him oh in future. Why the rush? Or she wan born another pikin fast ni.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by LIVINGICONREBOR: 3:24pm On Dec 09, 2022
That is the bane of this present day. Almost everyone is in a hurry to nowhere. Why??

Allow that baby to develop organically. angry

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2022
Fountainofyouth:
My son is 4 months old and he sits with support, I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

My son also started sitting at four months. But at three months he could already control his head.
He's almost six months now and he's already going all over the place.

A mom should know what's best for her baby sure.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Richy4(m): 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2022
Tell your wife say he go sit taya...why the rush?..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by RoyalBlu(f): 4:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
OP how old is your son really.

3 months or 5 months

Google has some answers for you.
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Oluneutral: 5:17pm On Dec 09, 2022
It's too early abeg,!

For baby girls, it should be 4months and above.
For baby boys, it should be 6months and above.
The reason for this is, boys need time to organically develop their backbone/spinal cord.
In adulthood, our backbones are really useful for so many things, especially, in the area of sexual ability and capability, so, please, op, tell your wiffy to take it easy with the little man now, so that in the future, he can massively enjoy his backbone when performing his manly duty in the other room.

Once again, that backbone need to develop very well organically, no need to rush, abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by oluwaseyi0: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2022
Is there no bed or space for him to lie down in your house, why the rush
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Rubbiish(m): 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2022
backnbeta:
Why the rush? Is the baby trying to sit up himself? Is he lifting his neck, shoulders when lying down? Even at that, I think she should wait till 4 months undecided
He who knows, is he who knows that he does not know
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by frozen70(f): 8:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
ecolime:
3 months to sit? shocked

I don't know anything about medical effects
But in a normal traditional style, a child starts practicing seating from six months

I think his waist is too fragile to carry the entire body while seating

His spinal cord is as fragile as anything because the bones are not strong enough for seating or standing

I am quite sure that this is your first child and your wife is rushing the child

Let her seat him on a baby walker that's the best from 3/4 months if she insists

Pls caution your wife to avoid damaging the waist of that child in future

2 Likes

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by 99tayee: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
Thank you all for the kind advises. She saw this post and has learnt.

It was like i was too scared of everything or kinda over protecting the boy but you know mothers and their love for their first child... Make this boy start walking so i can flex him more.

But one more question? Is it okay to carry the baby on my laps while using my arms to support and make him rest.
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by 99tayee: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2022
RoyalBlu:
OP how old is your son really.

3 months or 5 months

Google has some answers for you.

3 months
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by RoyalBlu(f): 6:58am On Dec 10, 2022
99tayee:

3 months

Okay...

I asked cos in your previous post, you said he's five months old.

You both should enjoy the precious moments with your little one. They grow up so fast trust me.

1 Like

Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Calvary247(f): 8:20am On Dec 10, 2022
No
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2022
What's the rush?

I learnt from older mothers that even though girls can start early, boys should not be made to start sitting very early due to their makeup at the male organ region. That it has a way of affecting them.

These are info that have been passed down over the years and I started hearing about this from my childhood days but I wonder if parents of these days still bother to educate their daughters on these things. So many culture and practices have been lost with the advent of modern technology and "over busy" career Moms.

Please tell her to stop before she renders the boy impotent.
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by 99tayee: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2022
RoyalBlu:

Okay...

I asked cos in your previous post, you said he's five months old.

You both should enjoy the precious moments with your little one. They grow up so fast trust me.

Ooos sorry i just saw it now. it have been typo error
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by culf: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2022
its pretty early sha!
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by realtalk19: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2022
99tayee:

For boys it's 4-5months mildly but for girls as from 3months.its gradual and depends on the child's nature and pace.

My son didn't sit much but started working from 7months+
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Vivi01(f): 6:31pm On Dec 10, 2022
I am a first time mom and I have a son too .I started putting him to sit from 4months, he is 6 months now and he is crawling. Pls start from 4months sir
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by Vivi01(f): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2022
99tayee:
Thank you all for the kind advises. She saw this post and has learnt.

It was like i was too scared of everything or kinda over protecting the boy but you know mothers and their love for their first child... Make this boy start walking so i can flex him more.

But one more question? Is it okay to carry the baby on my laps while using my arms to support and make him rest.
Yes it's okay to carry him in the position u just described
Re: Should I Allow My 3 Months Old Baby To Sit? by lilyheaven: 10:33pm On Dec 10, 2022
If the baby will sit at 3 months, then nothing will stop it.
Some kids develop faster than others.
My first son walked at 7 months.
At 1 year, he had 16 teeth already and was talking clearly, meanwhile his brother walked at 10months, like 8 teeth in 1year .
Even in their career, the first child is extremely good,,, sometimes I wonder where he is rushing to
It is called individual differences anyways.
ecolime:
3 months to sit? shocked

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of N1,000 / How Far Can You Tolerate Your Partner ? / What Will You Do, In This Condition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.