Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,341 members, 7,808,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote (4231 Views)

Cement Business start it I will guide you (by dangote authorised distributor) / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) / Cement Business - Start It I Can Help (by Dangote Distributor) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by webprince(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
Federal Government Sets Up Institute To Boost Cement Production

The Ministry of Trade and Investment has set up an institute called the Cement Technology Institute (CTI) to boost cement production in the country.

The Minister, Trade and Investment, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, explained that the Institute was being set up to assist the nation to optimise its cement production capacity and capability, through acquisition and development of appropriate technology that would make cement product adequately available as a low cost basic building material for the average Nigerian. This was disclosed by the Minister while inaugurating the Board of Trustee (BOT) and the Project Implementation Team (PIT) for the Cement Institute (CTI) in Abuja .

The Board is chaired by the Group President, Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, while the Chairman, Project Implementation Team is Alhaji Lateef G. Salami, Director, Industrial Development department in the Ministry. Inaugurating the Board, the Minister pointed out that the Institute would also be the fulcrum for the positioning of Nigeria as a net exporter of cement with the capacity of meeting the needs of the ECOWAS sub-region.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-sets-up-institute-to-boost-cement-production/97312/
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by digi101(m): 4:25pm On Aug 30, 2011
For the life of me i still cant understand this DANGOTE MAGIC! How can you make the one person with a monopolistic hold on cement production in the country the head of an institute thats supposed to create a solution?!, na wa for this country o
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by webprince2: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2011
^^^ na real wa 4 dis country. 2 me GEJ is totally clueless 'bout how to handle d economy or even run this country!
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by whobemumu(m): 4:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
be like say them  wan give goat yam for safe keeping
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by benimeogu(f): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
the
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by ektbear: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
whobemumu:

be like say them  wan give goat yam  for safe keeping

lmao grin
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by sleekman(m): 4:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
Even though I know that Dangote is a monopolistic twep, he is the best person for that job. Besides we need to start thinking of homegrown technological advancements in areas of oil and cement production. Instead of depending on the west for that. It will be a good fiscal policy that will in the long-run save us some hard earned forex.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Finecat(m): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
Dangote?? Why put a fat boy in charge of cutting cake. This guy Dangote is one of the reason Nigeria is where it is today, his so called wealth is siphoned from the National treasury.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by NatGas(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
Finecat:

Dangote?? Why put a fat boy in charge of cutting cake. This guy Dangote is one of the reason Nigeria is where it is today, his so called wealth is siphoned from the National treasury.

sleekman:

Even though I know that Dangote is a monopolistic twep, he is the best person for that job. Besides we need to start thinking of homegrown technological advancements in areas of oil and cement production. Instead of depending on the west for that. It will be a good fiscal policy that will in the long-run save us some hard earned forex.

I quite agree with both of u.Dangote who is building the largest Cement factory will NEVER allow the product to be readily available how then will he recoup his money?
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by NatGas(m): 4:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
digi101:

For the life of me i still cant understand this DANGOTE MAGIC! How can you make the one person with a monopolistic hold on cement production in the country the head of an institute thats supposed to create a solution?!, na wa for this country o

I actually meant this quote above and not the one below

ekt_bear:

lmao grin
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Aderupoko2: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
Nothing can surprise me again in this country,Goodluck to everybody cool cool cool
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
only in nigeria

sort of like putting microsoft in charge of computer hardware oversight

fresh air 2011

abeg let everyone put in their equivalents

policemen writing policy on checkpoints

mend overseeing eradication of bunkering

boko haram in charge of school curriculum
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Aderupoko2: 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
oyb:

only in nigeria

fresh air 2011

OBJ lecturing on free and fair elections
Armed robbers in charge of Bank security
MTN to chair reduction in call rates
Yakubu Aiyegbeni to train strickers on how to score an empty net
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by moremi2008(m): 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
oyb:

only in nigeria

fresh air 2011

Cecelia Ibru in charge of banking sector reform
IBB in charge of the Excess Crude accounts
Tinubu in charge of the NDLEA
Trade Council of Aba in charge of NAFDAC
Dame Patience Jonathan in charge of the Federal Universities
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by sleekman(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
NatGas:

I quite agree with both of u.Dangote who is building the largest Cement factory will NEVER allow the product to be readily available how then will he recoup his money?

It makes perfect sense to put him in charge of the body. Lets look at this from an economic standpoint. Dangote as head of that body will help to fast-track the whole technology indigenization thing. They say "Na those wen wear shoe na dem know where e dey pinch dem" So if in a year or two Oga Jona says I want a bag of cement to be N1000 then Oga Gote will have no excuse. It's about time we utilize all the engineers, fabricators, thinkers, this great nation possesses. Lets give birth to real research amongst our universities. Introduce stiff competition amongst schools and you'll see results in less than a year.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by BizNews: 5:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
How can a player be an umpire?
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Johnpaul2k2(m): 5:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
this bigot minister wants to make headline at least once cheesy
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by pheesayor(m): 5:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
moremi2008:

Dame Patience Jonathan becomes an english lecturer
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by SisiKill1: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
oyb:

only in nigeria

fresh air 2011

Hey now, don't knock it down just yet. . . remember these are experts in their field.

We've really come along way from employing clueless people to run things.

How's that for FRESH AIR? cool
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by sleekman(m): 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
BizNews:

How can a player be an umpire?

The body he is to head is not an umpire body rather it is like a research body. Please lets get our facts right. This kind of body should be created for the petroleum industry also to stimulate research and fabrication/production of parts for our refineries. Its about time we export semi finished petroleum products rather than exporting raw crude
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Roland17(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
From frying pan to fire grin grin grin
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by moremi2008(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
Sisi_Kill:

Hey now, don't knock it down just yet. . . remember these are experts in their field.

We've really come along way from employing clueless people to run things.

How's that for FRESH AIR?  cool

Putrid air doesn't become fresh because you sprayed some air freshener. This is just another chapter in the giant old book of corruption that summarizes governance in Nigeria. When did Dangote get a degree in chemical or materials engineering? What exactly is he an expert of? Running monopolies? Haba Sisi, it's people like you that allow these kleptocrats to keep selling our children's heritage and destinies for pennies on the dollar!
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by iterator: 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
pheesayor:

Dame Patience Jonathan becomes an english lecturer
lwkmd
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by psalmizt(m): 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
moremi2008:

Aderupoko2:

OBJ lecturing on free and fair elections
Armed robbers in charge of Bank security
MTN to chair reduction in call rates
Yakubu Aiyegbeni to train strickers on how to score an empty net
ekt_bear:

lmao grin

LWKMD, Correct analysis, rotflo cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Tinyemeka(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
Olusegun Aganga resigned from Goldman Sachs to join GEJ's ministerial cabinet of which he is now Trade and Investments minister. Why does he now intend putting his personal integrity and credibility at stake in forming this kind of decision when he knows that good Corporate Governance or at least Code of conduct forbids conflict of interest at board level? It doesn't make common sense to take someone who is almost a monopoly trader of a particular market and place him in an advisory capacity over that same market. Or was Aganga arm-twisted into making that arrangement? The guy goofed continoussly while heading the finance ministry and now that a new one was created for him to manage, he's still entrenching that legacy. Okonjo Iweala will soon come and takeover that ministry from him again. Mumu.

Meanwhile let me see what Magician Dangote plans to achieve. His "1,000,000 jobs for Nigerians" committee still hasn't come out with a definite plan of action and he's busy piling new responsibilities. I'm begining to get sick of the guy : (that a new one was created for him to manage, he's still entrenching that legacy. Okonjo Iweala will soon come and takeover that ministry from him again. Mumu.

Meanwhile let me see what Magician Dangote plans to achieve. His "1,000,000 jobs for Nigerians" committee still hasn't come out with a definite plan of action and he's busy piling new responsibilities. I'm begining to get sick of the guy : (
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by psalmizt(m): 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
Tinyemeka:

Olusegun Aganga resigned from Goldman Sachs to join GEJ's ministerial cabinet of which he is now Trade and Investments minister. Why does he now intend putting his personal integrity and credibility at stake in forming this kind of decision when he knows that good Corporate Governance or at least Code of conduct forbids conflict of interest at board level? It doesn't make common sense to take someone who is almost a monopoly trader of a particular market and place him in an advisory capacity over that same market. Or was Aganga arm-twisted into making that arrangement? The guy goofed continoussly while heading the finance ministry and now that a new one was created for him to manage, he's still entrenching that legacy. Okonjo Iweala will soon come and takeover that ministry from him again. Mumu.

Meanwhile let me see what Magician Dangote plans to achieve. His "1,000,000 jobs for Nigerians" committee still hasn't come out with a definite plan of action and he's busy piling new responsibilities. I'm begining to get sick of the guy : (
I don't quite get the new romance the FG has discovered for Dangote, Even a blind man knows that his wealth was rather as a result of an opportunistic vampire who took advantage of the nation's rather ineptitude leaders to make himself one of the richest men in the world, 90% of Nigeria big men got their wealth from looting the treasury, As for Dangote, he should not bite more than he can chew, A word is enough for the wise wink wink wink wink
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by obamamate: 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
With the baseless attacks on dangote- probably the greatest African bizman of this era , I do not really understand why Nigerians are daft.
Dangote started from importation , and he has gradually started massive production and we are still not happy.
If we call him a monopolist where are are the figures,
Pls lets encourage this guy.
A word is enough for the wise.
The hyundai and daewoo we hear of today were not created without strong Korean government support.
Pls lets stop this Dangote bashing.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by Outstrip(f): 10:50pm On Aug 31, 2011
sigh.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by chuksme(m): 11:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
We don't have President.This man called Jonathan is weak,very very weak.How can a person who called himself President come out and make a public announcement on an issue and thesame case still continues.

He ordered them to reduce the price of cement but they refused and he still remain calm and be looking at them when his command was not obeyed.

Is only God that will save us in this country.The man called Jonathan is cold and weak. I am dissappointed and regreted for nigerians putting him as President
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by EvilBrain1(m): 11:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
The lunatics are now running the asylum. Just when you think GEJ couldn't possibly look more clueless, he does something like this. We are really in for it in this country.

Three and a half years to go!
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by kallopuma: 12:41am On Sep 01, 2011
what have change from niaja govt .
since 1960 to this moment is thesame ppl incharge of this country ooooooh
where is the future of tomorrow job
no job for our younger once to do. SO WHERE IS THE FUTURE 4 THE YOUNGER ONCE?
SINCE I WAS BONE TILL NOW 40 STILL THESAME PPL MY BROTHER THE WHERE ARE WE HEADING TO?

NOW THE WORLD NEED CHANGE, EVERYONE NOW IS CRYING CHANGE WE BELIVE.
Re: New Govt Insitute To Boost Cement Production (CTI) Chaired By Dangote by mallorca(m): 12:43am On Sep 01, 2011
very bad idea

(1) (2) (Reply)

Earn N6,000,000 Commission TODAY ; Buy Or Sell This Property / CBN Injects $210m Into Foreign Exchange Market / How To Make Money From Google Using Your Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.