Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

"What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) (65350 Views)

Jose Mourinho Get's a yellow Card For Looking At Southampton's Tactics Sheet / I Slapped My Ex-boyfriend For Looking At Another Lady – Super Falcons' Ordega / Referee Maurice Paarhuis Accidentally Scores In Dutch League, Awards Goal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by WriterNig: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFPxud1P-tI

Following Argentina’s fiery penalty shootout win over Netherlands in the quarterfinal of the World Cup, tempers flared between the players and coaching staff of the two teams. While Lionel Messi, man of the match on the day with a goal and an assist, was doing an interview with TyC Sports after the game, he had a run-in with Wout Weghorst, scorer of both Dutch goals to get them back into the game.

“What are you looking at, fool? Go away,” Messi was quoted as saying by the television channel. The Argentine skipper added that he did not feel ‘respected’ by the opposition on the day, not even by their coach Louis van Gaal, then took a dig at the Dutch manager’s philosophy.

“I don’t like to talk before the games. Since he (no 19) entered the game, he began to provoke us, bump into us, tell us things… It seems to me that this is not part of football. I always respect everyone, I like that they respect me too. Their coach was not respectful to us,” he said. “We suffer too unfairly. Van Gaal sells that he plays football and then puts tall people in and began to hit balls.”

Weghorst was eventually crowded out by a host of Argentine players, including Lisandro Martinez, Lautaro Martinez, and former striker Sergio Aguero, who was also in the dugout. Aguero recounted the episode to the channel: “We were just entering. He started to say: ‘Hey, Messi, hey, Messi’. And Leo turned around, look at him… That’s when he told him that. The guy told him ‘come here ‘ (‘I came’).”

“I tell him to shut up… He told me: ‘You don’t say shut up’ (‘don’t tell me to shut up’). I tell him: ‘Okay, you don’t talk to Messi’,” the former Manchester City striker added.

Credit: iExpress.com || Sportbible

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by frank14011991(m): 9:53am On Dec 10, 2022
If you ever feel sad remember the world is 3.4 billion years and existed in the Lionel Messi era

149 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Fox41: 9:53am On Dec 10, 2022
Mercy harsh o.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Zonefree(m): 9:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Croatia will help us reduce noise pollution on 13th December. There will be sanity in the world after that day.

417 Likes 34 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Dalil8: 10:10am On Dec 10, 2022
Messi is so humble.

FRAUD!

313 Likes 26 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by VeryWickedMan: 10:23am On Dec 10, 2022
Dalil8:
Messi is so humble.

Very humble. grin

329 Likes 20 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Jokerman(m): 10:35am On Dec 10, 2022
Humble man. grin

128 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by femisplash: 10:43am On Dec 10, 2022
Leading to the game, LVG was so trash talking Argentina ahead of the game. Reminds me of Mourinho in the days of El-classico. LVG disrespected not only Argentinian team but Brazilian team as well. I love Messi and his teammates having the last laugh and rubbing it on their faces. I even love the total drama from both teams. Crazy.

120 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by alfarouq(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2022
What could have provoked Messi? He is unlike Ronaldo.

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by femisplash: 10:49am On Dec 10, 2022
Jokerman:
Humble man. grin
Humble doesn't mean being stupid. Sometimes, you have to react to too much insults. At least, it's better Messi fighting for his team than sulking and walking out on his teammates like a bencher

412 Likes 46 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by swaggerjack: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2022
Fox41:
Mercy harsh o.

4 Likes

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Manna4Gurls: 10:56am On Dec 10, 2022
Teach me how to bold and apply colors cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by sweetonugbu: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2022
Fp

1 Like

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by sukkot: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2022
grin
Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Ay235m: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2022
Anger management is necessary

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

Very humble. grin

If say na RONALDO talk this one now

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by CalabarPikin: 10:58am On Dec 10, 2022
After what happens yesterday, I know the media will always come up with things like this.
Believe it or not, that guy Messi is humble, but one thing people fail to understand about the quiet people is that they're limit to what they can take... you don't push them to the extreme and expect them to be quiet.....I'm in this category, I can tell you that. Amongst my family, peers and classmates, I seem to the the most quiet among them all....but if e sup, guys are always scared of my wrath. To be quiet or humble no mean say you mumu
The Dutch started a war they couldn't finish

�️ | Van Der Vaart : "This Messi can be stopped"

�️ | Marco Van Basten : "Messi isn’t a leader, he doesn’t have personality. Playing with Messi means 10 vs 11."

�️ | Louis Van Gaal : "I think Argentina are afraid of us. We will stop Messi."

�️ | Noppert : "Every shot by Messi will be stopped"

They spoke at the interview, but Messi gave them the answer on the pitch and made his haters swallow their own words.

The Dutch deserve it

look at this video very well guys, you can see what Netherlands were doing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyXIKVyZH8

165 Likes 24 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Memphis357(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2022
I f**king HATE this midget muthafucka, Messi.
F**k Messi!!!
F**k the Argentine football team!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Sheistoopretty(f): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2022
Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Lol
Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Kingcalls: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
When I tell una say this guy na slow poison...una go de attack Ronaldo.... at the copa , he made fun of Colombia for loosing to them ....

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Authoreety: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Juanmike(m): 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Zonefree:
Croatia will help us reduce noise pollution on 13th December. There will be sanity in the world after that day.
Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Gangster1ms: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
The rules of football cease to exist, when it comes to Lionel Messi.
Upon all the help the referee gave, he still went to him after match to abuse him. Very pretentious human. I've never seen Ronaldo behave like this and I was told he was the arrogant one.
I just hope Argentina never succeed for the love of football, the team as a whole is dirty.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by PheelzAlmighty: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
Is this news

1 Like

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by femisplash: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2022
The Dutch players love trouble, after the bad blood on the pitch, you still had to trail Messi down to the mixed zone where he was about granting interview. Do you see Van Dirk slamming Parades to the floor?.. Crazy game.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "What Are You Looking At Fool, Go Away" Messi Cusses At Dutch Team (Video) by Tradepunter2: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2022
hahahah thrashhhh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats / Ighalo Slept With Bbnaija Star, Nollywood Actress’ – Estranged Wife, Adesuwa / Chichi Igbo: "Stop Worrying About My Dry Boobs" - Football Star Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.