Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:24 AM

Sin And Sickness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin And Sickness (4741 Views)

Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. / Is Grace Truly A Licence To Sin And Live Anyhow? / Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sin And Sickness by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 11, 2022
So all who had covid were sinners and those who didn't are not.

People please stop with these unintelligent comments
Re: Sin And Sickness by Image123(m): 3:41pm On Dec 11, 2022
nkemoma:

The Bible is the Bible... The New World Translation as its name implies.... Is a translation into modern day English...

So instead of thou sayeth... It is... You say!... Then it restores God's name Jehovah to its original verses... Instead of LORD as used in most translations..

Na so!

JW translation, not normal translation.
Re: Sin And Sickness by nkemoma(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2022
Image123:

JW translation, not normal translation.

If your heart is clean, you will understand this I just explained.

It is simple
Re: Sin And Sickness by Image123(m): 4:48pm On Dec 11, 2022
nkemoma:

If your heart is clean, you will understand this I just explained.

It is simple

What is a clean heart? Does it include being free from sin or just supporting Watchtower?
Re: Sin And Sickness by nkemoma(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2022
Image123:

What is a clean heart? Does it include being free from sin or just supporting Watchtower?

A clean and open heart sees the truth, knows the truth and accepts it.

Seeing and knowing the truth but rejecting it for whatever reason is a crooked heart.... Why the religious leaders of Jesus' day missed out on the goal.
Re: Sin And Sickness by Image123(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
nkemoma:

A clean and open heart sees the truth, knows the truth and accepts it.

Seeing and knowing the truth but rejecting it for whatever reason is a crooked heart.... Why the religious leaders of Jesus' day missed out on the goal.

Jesus Christ said He is the truth. He also said He is the Almighty. Do you know and accept the truth? Do you by chance have a crooked heart? Are you free from sin?
Re: Sin And Sickness by mrkings84(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyfour:
Not always true

Sickness is not always a purnishment for sins.

John 9:2

His disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" "Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.

Neither did the post say so, however,there are sicknesses that are connected to sin.

I was the one that taught this lesson today in my parish of RCCG.....
Re: Sin And Sickness by phemmyfour: 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
mrkings84:

Neither did the post say so, however,there are sicknesses that are connected to sin.

I was the one that taught this lesson today in my parish of RCCG.....
That does not mean you can't teach amiss
Re: Sin And Sickness by seunayantokun(m): 7:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
The primary sin in Adam opened the floodgate of all kinds of afflictions, sicknesses, diseases, and death. Every human at one point or another experience them.

Some afflictions come as tests of faith while some are just there to show the power or glory of God.

However, some are certainly results of your personal, family, generational, etc violation of natural and/or divine laws - that is, natural/divine cause and effect, if you like...including direct judgements of God on human wickedness.

If you know the cause of your sickness, you should be able to act or respond appropriately.
Re: Sin And Sickness by mrkings84(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyfour:

Yes but you are trying to detail from the context
Re: Sin And Sickness by mrkings84(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
phemmyfour:

Yes but you are trying to detail from the context, tho I know there are many people like that here, all their job is condemn everything from men of God
Re: Sin And Sickness by AntiChristian: 8:56am On Dec 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

True... However, this post is about sickness connected to sin and sinful ways!

If certain ailments come due to sin, then it makes perfect sense that healing should be preceded or originated by confession, repentance, and forgiveness of those sins.

It's not that hard to comprehend.

But the topic is not Sickness connected to Sin!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burmese Muslims’ Unabated Genocide / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye / Who Manufactured The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.