Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,747 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Lol!wenger: I Feel Very Humiliated. Fergie Defends Arsenal Coach. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Lol!wenger: I Feel Very Humiliated. Fergie Defends Arsenal Coach. (993 Views)

Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / David Moyes Sacked, Fergie persuaded to take charge again!!! / Osita Offor Defends Wrestling Title Against Bobby Lashley In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lol!wenger: I Feel Very Humiliated. Fergie Defends Arsenal Coach. by henry101(m): 12:09am On Aug 30, 2011
Fergie Defends Arsenal Coach After 8-2 Thrashing

Arsene Wenger admitted he had been left embarrassed by the size of the defeat, but with the pressure mounting on him denied he would quit his post.
"You feel humiliated when you concede eight goals," he said.

"It was a terrible day for us, it was a combination of an under-strength team and weakness.

"We collapsed physically in the second half."

Asked if he might think about resigning during the upcoming international break, he was initially coy, saying: "I believe we have a break before the next game."

He then ruled out the possibility, adding: "No, not at all."

With three days to go before the end of the transfer window Wenger is under pressure to bring in new names, although he was again guarded about the addition of any players.

"I know that in England when you lose a game signings are always the solution," he added.

"We had eight players out today. Anybody would suffer with eight players missing."

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson was surprised by the ease of his side's success despite Arsenal missing so many first-team regulars.

"It is (a surprise) because when you play Arsenal you expect a difficult game," he said.

"If you look at Arsenal the team is weakened - but we still did the job.
"We got careless at times and they made chances because they still have quality up front.

"But overall we are very satisfied that we kept the performance levels up."
With his counterpart Wenger likely to come in for more criticism this week, Ferguson again leapt to the Frenchman's defence.

"I think it is unfair to criticise him," he said.

"The job he's done for Arsenal and the philosophy he has - he has given Arsenal some very entertaining players.

"He's also sold well and looked after the Arsenal coffers. People forget these things. It's a cynical world now and when you lose a few games the judges come out.”

http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/news/2011/08/wenger-i-feel-very-humiliated

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2013: Mali Vs Niger ( 7pm Today) / Nigeria, Kenya & Egpyt; Top 3 On The Medals Table At The Ongoing AYAC Warri2013 / Three Malawi Players Die In Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.