Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,645 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (17121 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 4:11am On Aug 30, 2011
I mean i got engaged in a very interesting and eye-opening convo with a friend last nite and he told me that he needed to LOVE a girl before taking things to another level, he believes when you love someone that you will tolerate a lot of things from them and that he doesn't see the point of asking a girl out if he just 'likes' or 'fancys' her he thinks those are just based on vanity like their looks and it wouldn't last.

He made some other points that i really benefited from, they actually made a lot of sense to me and i thought it was very insightful.It just made me think of so-call 'relationships' of nowadays and how people ave created their own defintions crazy. Well i also discussed my points about his perspective of things but i think all in all he made a lot of sense.

So what is your opinion guys?

What would drive you to ask a girl out?

Girls what would you make you accept a guys proposal to be his partner?as in a RELATIONSHIP in the sense of the word.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by moonraker(m): 5:16am On Aug 30, 2011
Usually i already have some specifics on the kind of woman i am

looking for. so if i see such a person, i did ask the girl ASAP (provided that i already have some sort of background knowledge abt her)

But if it were some girl i met at an outing or smt, i did grab her contact info first and then take it from there,
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 5:21am On Aug 30, 2011
^^^But don't you get to know her first?or u just go for it?i mean this background info your talking about how reliable is it?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by moonraker(m): 5:36am On Aug 30, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^^But don't you get to know her first?or u just go for it?i mean this background info your talking about how reliable is it?

The background info in question would be gotten from her or from her peers.

When i get her contact info and we talk extensively for like 5times, then i did make

up my mind whether or not i did go further.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Kelvinj(m): 5:43am On Aug 30, 2011
well it goes like this, first we're friends then we be came lovers. u have 2 be friends before u take anything 2 the next level, so no specific time frame
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 5:47am On Aug 30, 2011
^^That makes sense, but what if she ends up seeing you just as a 'friend' and nothing beyond that?

moonraker:

The background info in question would be gotten from her or from her peers.

When i get her contact info and we talk extensively for like 5times, then i did make

up my mind whether or not i did go further.
I don't get it bro, what exactly r u looking 4?and what really can u get from a 5mins convo when it's some1 u barely know?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by moonraker(m): 6:14am On Aug 30, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^That makes sense, but what if she ends up seeing you just as a 'friend' and nothing beyond that?

I don't get it bro, what exactly r u looking 4?and what really can u get from a 5mins convo when it's some1 u barely know?

Actually, if you take a look at my last sentence, you did discover that i said something like 5 times (Extentively). those five times in question can come randomly

but the earlier, the better, Makes sense??
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by OAM4J: 7:15am On Aug 30, 2011
Kelvinj:

well it goes like this, first we're friends then we be came lovers. u have 2 be friends before u take anything 2 the next level, so no specific time frame

Exactly! I totally agree with you.

Pweety4me:

All serious relationships should start from friendship but not all friendship relationships will lead to serious relationships.

Some people are better remaining as friends. Also if while u are friends you discover you are not that compatible, then there is no reason taking it to the next level.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2011
^^Yes boss! cool

moonraker:

Actually, if you take a look at my last sentence, you did discover that i said something like 5 times (Extentively). those five times in question can come randomly

but the earlier, the better, Makes sense??
Really?why so?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by MMM2(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
2dayz
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Tosinville(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
Ur friendship shouldn't be more than 2weeks o! before u ask her out cos if u delay things she'll end up seeing you as friend.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by MrCork17: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2011
Pweety4me:

I mean i got engaged in a very interesting and eye-opening convo with a friend last nite and he told me that he needed to LOVE a girl before taking things to another level, he believes when you love someone that you will tolerate a lot of things from them and that he doesn't see the point of asking a girl out if he just 'likes' or 'fancys' her he thinks those are just based on vanity like their looks and it wouldn't last.

He made some other points that i really benefited from, they actually made a lot of sense to me and i thought it was very insightful.It just made me think of so-call 'relationships' of nowadays and how people ave created their own defintions crazy. Well i also discussed my points about his perspective of things but i think all in all he made a lot of sense.

So what is your opinion guys?

What would drive you to ask a girl out?

Girls what would you make you accept a guys proposal to be his partner?as in a RELATIONSHIP in the sense of the word.

Pweety4me. Sweeery i ask a chick out only when i need punnny. By the way, can I date you? wink
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Finecat(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
Plant a wet kiss on her lips, if she didn't reject it then ask her out. Goodluck buddy.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
Hmm. Frnds 2 lovers, i tink i lyk dat more
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Greenslim: 5:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
As time allow you to do so
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by dipo1: 6:04pm On Aug 30, 2011
Tosinville:

your friendship shouldn't be more than 2weeks o! before u ask her out cos if u delay things she'll end up seeing you as friend.

Quite true. It also depends on how much time I have for the lady and vice-versa. If the situation isn't favourable time-wise, i may not ask her our even if i have the intention to. All in all, I prefer to take my time to know her before asking her out and we may not even be friends as yet, as long as I think I have spent some valuable time in knowing her, i'll ask her out.
The only exceptn would be a quickie, which i'm sure the OP isn't talkin about
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
Within ten minutes conversationtongue
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by LesbianBoy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

Within ten minutes conversationtongue

Toba, bro was that meant to be a joke, i didnt find that funny and am sure other Nl members reading this didnt as well lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pweety4me:

^^Yes boss! cool

Really?why so?

Because delay is dangerous! angry angry angry
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by seedord247(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
I hate to hear this sentence from a girl.

I'm still Thinking about it.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Ohibenemma(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
I'll have made up ma mind b4 approaching her. Datz of course afta knwing ha 4 sum tym. Altern8ly, I will raise unrelated topics 2 build up a discussion, and from there knw if I lyk ha bynd ha fisical lukz. If so, two mre wkz of direct cum indirect dizcuzns shld establsh d mutuality of our thots. Only den will I stryk.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by EEVICTOREE(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
If you know what you want and if you wanna get what you desire for, There is no need in delaying things, I can ask a girl out anytime as long as she got what i want and desire in a woman

#dontdull gf-ti-wo-lode
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2011
As for me its the character of a gal that make me to ask a gal out I dont ask gals out after meeting them 4 the first time
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by ismaeel86(m): 7:57pm On Aug 30, 2011
It depends on the chemistry.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Orikinla(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
It depends on what I want in the babe.

If I want a fling, I will not waste time at all to ask her out and have her and close the chapter.
But if she has more to offer to me intellectually and professionally, I will be patient with her since I want a long term relationship.

The first physical contact with a Nairalander was the same evening we made love.

It depends on what the guy wants in a babe.

A short sentence or a life sentence.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
LesbianBoy:

Toba, bro was that meant to be a joke, i didnt find that funny and am sure other Nl members reading this didnt as well lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
bros i dont joke with issues like this. im veli veli hand sum tongue
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
ismaeel86:

It depends on the chemistry.
and biology
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by hbrednic: 8:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
2 seconds is enough
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Kc0022000(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
start asking her out even before you meet her, cheesy
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by crowaddy1: 9:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
I dont know if this is out of point but one thing that works for me all the time is talk with her,at the slightest opportunity touch or grab something. If not its Best Friends Forever on whatever request put up.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by kandiikane(m): 9:51pm On Aug 30, 2011
I don't think you can just love a girl with out getting to know her more and get use to her in the dating sense. What if you fall inlove with her and then you ask her out and find out she is not what you expected? Love disappears? You might think you know all about the babe without dating but you will be shocked once you start dating atleast then you can see her without the "mask". No girl will let you see her without the "mask"  if you are wooing her. tongue

Orikinla:

It depends on what I want in the babe.

If I want a fling, I will not waste time at all to ask her out and have her and close the chapter.
But if she has more to offer to me intellectually and professionally, I will be patient with her since I want a long term relationship.

The first physical contact with a Nairalander was the same evening we made love.

It depends on what the guy wants in a babe.

A short sentence or a life sentence.
Whose the chick?  cheesy Hope you used protection. Btw, that was not making love but se[i]x[/i], a good old rusty s[i]e[/i]x. .
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by dammytex: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
Uhmmm, I think it depends on what you want from the girl. So, I'll assume you are referring to a serious relationship.

Well, this is 21st century, so procedures don't follow the medieval pattern anymore.
It starts with friendship of course. I can only take it further with a girl that's my friend. In friendship, I know a lot already about her. We discuss about our problems, future plans, career etc. While being friends, I can have good insight about her background and expectations.

I fairness, I can tell if we can take it a step further towards relationship or not. I can never marry a stranger. In fact friendship is a true test of genuine interest. I can only marry my female friend.

To answer your question, I think it might take months. Time is also a good test of affection.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by kandiikane(m): 10:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^Noone is talking about marriage but dating. .

(1) (2) (Reply)

#Support All Breasts , South African Lady Posts Her Breast pics On Twitter / What Is The Worst Relationship Advice You've Ever Gotten? / Queen Of B***bs Roman Goddess In A Hotel With BF (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.