Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad (30233 Views)

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 7:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
Good evening house

Sorry to bore you with my issues

My mum and dad separated 24 years ago

Reason for separation
My only biological bro died from malaria
My dad was unable to come up with money for treatment

My mum moved out took me with her
She remarried 2 years after
Gave birth to 4 leaving me with 4 step sibling
Some years back I heard my mum saying my dad has other children ( I don’t even know them ) I don’t even know my dad

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life
Got lands houses and cars to my name

My problem now is I feel empty whenever I think of my dad
More like I don’t know my root

I plan on visiting mums home for Christmas
The problem is she hates my dad so much
any thing about that topic gets her angry

I don’t know how to convince to go show me my dads house

I don’t know possible ways to get her to show me my dad hus

Don’t even know if my dad is good
Don’t even know his family
Don’t even know my village
Everything I call family is just from my mother side

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them

78 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Buhari4sale: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Bro, try to reach out to your mom's friends. Interrogate them and use your wisdom to get what you want. Try to ask your mom some questions too.. At this point, don't expect your mom to show you where your father come from.. Just look for a way to find out who your father is.

Go to people within your family and family friends... Explain how you feel to some of them, im sure one of them will be reasonable enough to give you a clue.

You are a man, So deal with your mom as if you are in your father's shoe

184 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by fman(m): 7:08pm On Dec 12, 2022
Maybe ur dad is a Nairalander
Check Jokes Section

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Offpointng: 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Remain like that bro. You're empty doesn't mean you're not happy cuz statistical study have make us believe Relatives from the father's side are close to being very useless. but Ion know your full story sha, but Papa wey no look for you all these years till you turn 25, what gives you the assurance he'll care or give a F about you?

135 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Danibonk(m): 7:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
Bro fulfills your curiosity ask your mum and find your dad he will have his own explanation too for abandoning you

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by brain54(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
I wanted to make a sarcastic remark but thought more deeply of your dilemma…

Firstly you are old enough to meet your mom and ask her to show you your dad’s family- good or bad. It’s up to you to decide if you will continue the relationship when you do find out. Whatever issue your mom and dad have should not prevent you from at least knowing your roots.

I am also curious why your dad never bothered looking for his child (you)? You were a year or so old then.

You have serious discussion with your mom. Demand answers from her and not nairaland.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by VeryWickedMan: 7:20pm On Dec 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

My problem now is I feel empty whenever I think of my dad
More like I don’t know my root

My son I'm your Dad. Send me money if you want to see me.

268 Likes 35 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Justbehave(m): 7:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
You are old enough to enquire about him from your mum. Stop being a sissy.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Sunnymatey(m): 7:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
If your parents were legally married, then other members of your mum's family ought to know who your dad is.

Ask your aunties or uncles from your mum side, chikina

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Mleeperbother: 7:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Wetin u wan use your father do? 4get about the guy.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Justbehave(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mleeperbother:
Wetin u wan use your father do? 4get about the guy.
Are you fatherless?

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Socratiz: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
Don't be surprised if your mum gets angry at you for asking about your dad. She would be right to be angry and even take you to be an ungrateful daughter after all the sacrifices she had made to ensure you become who you are today.

People would ask that why has your dad not looked for you. But this is preposterous because he could also have been looking for you and not know how to reach you.

Just be ready to take the backlash from your mum when you ask her.

I agree you deserve to know your biological father. It's your decision to maintain the relationship or not when you do.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Justbehave(m): 8:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
Socratiz:
Don't be surprised if your mum gets angry at you for asking about your dad. She would be right to be angry and even take you to be an ungrateful daughter after all the sacrifices she had made to ensure you become who you are today.

People would ask that why has your dad not looked for you. But this is preposterous because he could also have been looking for you and not know how to reach you.

Just be ready to take the backlash from your mum when you ask her.

I agree you deserve to know your biological father. It's your decision to maintain the relationship or not when you do.
Good one.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Adesina18111(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hdg
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by KanuSE: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Try to find out why your mum hates your dad.

5 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by EricSmallz(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Cars, Lands and Houses. Wow, how old are you?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by BOLATINUBU01: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
U say

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by secretologoto86: 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hmmm. Who knows, your dad might see this post and contact you.

6 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Crystil: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
Bro, you have the right to know who your dad is. Tell mummy to tell you, but assure her that you won't forsake her because of him. That you just want to know him.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Sultty(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
hell hath no fury than a woman scorned

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by 4tomandchi: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
I can bet you that you know your dad but you don't just know that his your dad.

As a graduate and with all your have listed as achievements asking your Mum about your dad's identity shouldn't be a big deal.

Women always doing unthinkable things if your mum left your dad just because he could not provide money for malaria treatment I just wonder what she saw in him that convinced her to marry him in the first place...

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by peacheslogo233: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
Christmas Bonanza o landigo. For 2k only.
You'll also get your own version of this Christmas card crested with your own logo and details.
I'll also provide you with custom designs if you want.

Hit me up on whatsapp: 09054555418

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Nmyguhu: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
fman:
Maybe ur dad is a Nairalander
Check Jokes Section

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by WonderManly(m): 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
This one strong ooo. But, sorry!
Hope you meet him soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by house10studios: 9:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
Pele
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by BigYash: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin You are truly a very wicked Somebody

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by triple996(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin
Diz guy ehh

10 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by jibrilELsudan: 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
DOESN'T YOUR MUM HAVE BROTHERS?.....GO MEET YOUR UNCLES ..THEY WILL SHOW YOU YOUR DAD

14 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Yankiss(m): 9:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
One yahoo guy spotted. Cars, land and houses at 25?? Look for your biological dad. It's simple.
Do Indepth inquiry. Carry style harvest that from your mum. Pretend to hate your dad. And glean info from ur mum.
Then hunt for him. If u have been a successful yahoo guy u sure know how to act. grin

23 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo) / What Kind Of Sister Is This? / My Father Dragging My Mom's Property With Me, how the Issue Was Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.