Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? (35270 Views)

A Completely Unclad Man On Top Of A Powerline In Lagos- Photos. / Strange Tree In Borno State That Grows Back After Being Cut Now Tourist Center / Man's Legs Cut Off In Auto Accident As Car Rams Into Bus In Lagos (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by New007: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
Smarte724:
I just Cut one off recently, he brought his girlfriend to my office and introduce her to me as his junior sister, he plead that I allow her do IT in my office, which I accepted , the lady spent all the ASUU strike in my office doing her industrial training , I went extra mile to make sure that I trained her to be the best, recently my cousin called me and inform me that the girl was the guy girlfriend ,
hahaha. Abraham and Sarah kinda lies

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Godsproxy: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Even a family mber sef.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by genkins(m): 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
I cut out one of my good friends of 12 years coz dude was a bad influence. Envious and use me as yardstick to his success.

Apart from the fact that he drinks and smokes too much which I don't see how an adult male in his productive age should spend most times drinking and smoking.
If I buy lexus, my guy must buy the higher version of it otherwise he is a failure.
If I dress well, my guy must dress better.
If I have a girlfriend,my guy is constantly calculating how the girl should be his.
He always want to be the star in our gathering especially when babe de involved.
If I decide to buy Suv, my guy sef must change to Suv. If I build Bungalow, my guy must build something that has staircase.. Lol
I noticed all these characteristics but I felt he was just being childish
Then I noticed that if I put in for an international exams, he will do everything to rubbish the exams so I don't write it, then turns around to go attempt it. When we were around marriageable age, he tried to discourage me from serious dating but went behind to propose to his girl so he will marry first.. I can go on and on...

One day, I decided that these character cannot be my friend again. I just blocked and blanked him... Now for 2yrs.And I have been a better person since in terms of foresight and achievement.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Karleb(m): 3:49pm On Dec 14, 2022
Lilsameey:
Lol, The feeling of being alone is not new to me, And besides, My work will require me to have a team. Let me be alone now that am still young and building my self, It's a sacrifice for self development.

Even at that, you need to relate with people outside work and your job, no matter how time consuming it is should not stop you from socializing.

I'm saying this because most "developed" people regret is not socializing while they were young and not so developed.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by NigerianAngelo(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
Carcholce:

The story ended beautifully. This means sometimes our intuition could be wrong.

Maybe it was because he was angry with him, that he respected the family and married the girl.

The intuition wasn't wrong.

All pre-marital acts are devilish.

12 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
genkins:
I cut out one of my good friends of 12 years coz dude was a bad influence. Envious and use me as yardstick to his success.

Apart from the fact that he drinks and smokes too much which I don't see how an adult male in his productive age should spend most times drinking and smoking.
If I buy lexus, my guy must buy the higher version of it otherwise he is a failure.
If I dress well, my guy must dress better.
If I have a girlfriend,my guy is constantly calculating how the girl should be his.
He always want to be the star in our gathering especially when babe de involved.
If I decide to buy Suv, my guy sef must change to Suv.
I noticed all these characteristics but I felt he was just being childish
Then I noticed that if I put in for an international exams, he will do everything to rubbish the exams so I don't write it, then turns around to go attempt it. When we were around marriageable age, he tried to discourage me from serious dating but went behind to propose to his girl so he will marry first.. I can go on and on...

One day, I decided that these character cannot be my friend again. I just blocked and blanked him... Now for 2yrs.And I have been a better person since in terms of foresight and achievement.

Good for you

That is not a friend but a competitor

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by olawaley12(m): 3:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
I do this frequently for my sanity! I feel we should all do this time to time! Because insane people plenty everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Karleb(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Munzy14:

Men we hate This, but it does happen..Sometimes they make a fulfilled home sef..May be because the hubby knows if he FuP he go collect from the wife's bro.

I wish my fellow guys will allow this happen often..If I talk, them go say na because I know get sis..Na why my parley block his sis away from me even when I know the code and will never want to break it.

Bro, it's because you don't have a sis. No guy will want his friend to date his sister.

No guy will approve that. Unless you guys are not close or he doesn't love his sister.

I can't even explain why that is.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Oyerinde16(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
Cut off a friend I was accommodating and feeding, he was dating a lady on the forth floor, it happened this same lady tried to seduce me but failed, I did not even tell my friend, she did everything to get at me but failed, the next thing was to use my friend and the fool fell for it, he began sabotaging me, giving her every details about my movement, yet bastard kept eating my food, I started cutting him off but the fool was just doing the babes bidding, he told me one day that " anything the babe wants him to do, he would do, cos she is the one feeding and clothing him now" that I should have just surrendered to the babe for peace to reign, I travelled for 3 months and on getting back, the guy locked me out of my room, he said my rent expired last month and the babe paid the rent for him, that the babe has instructed I should not enter into the room unless he would be thrown out, I called the land lord immediately and she said my roommate paid and tot we were together... Funny enough they removed some of my things from the room and put under the stairway where anyone could easily tamper with, I picked the most valuable thing from my room and left, everyone in the building knows what was going on but kept quite cos of the kind of lady and people living there, Militants pre 2013... 2 months later with no one to pounce on, she turned on the bastard, she threw him out of the flat, 6 months later, he called me asking if I could help him secure a job where I was working now, i just blanked the fool, he tried reconnecting but I kept blocking the bastard, till tomorrow, I will never accommodate any friend for more than 1 week...

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by abobote: 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yes, he cut me off, for a reason best known to him

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Karleb(m): 3:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
GreatVocalist:

Because he used the word "love"? Lol I think your sensitivity in this case is over the board. There's nothing wrong with love existing between two bros.

The initial comment was not gayish but this one sure is.

Yuck! sad

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yes... My only female friend back then. We had a misunderstanding, she went on to call a close male friend of mine, reported me, revealed all she knew about me to the guy, said some unprintable things about me .Dude told me everything lol. I wanted to call her today to hang out but the working part of my brain kicked against it. cheesy . I miss her but a slanderous person shouldn't be befriend.

Fun Fact: She doesn't know i am aware of everything she told the guy because till date i didn't call her cheesy I just negodo grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by bepositive11: 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
JASONjnr:
My childhood friend and best friend was cut off ...

Infact, growing up and keeping friends was not my kindaf thing.....

But today, na acquaintance get me..... We just know each other from afar and that's all....

Wetin happen?
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by justifyme(m): 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2022
Have you ever cut someone off, and the person starts doing better than you automatically??

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Sleekfingers: 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Carcholce:
Have you ever cut of a very close friend completely? If yes, give your reasons why you did.

Cut off a friend of over 25years. Because of his lavish lifestyle, clubbing like mad, getting drunk and his insatiable character for young ladies, despite being married.
Always use me to lie to his wife. I got tired of covering for him. Got no choice than to cut off the relationship.
But recently, he started calling me , that he has changed. As a matter of fact, he has sent 4 life turkeys, 2 guinea fowl , rice and hampers to me for X- mas , last week Sunday.
I am thinking of giving him a second chance. Even my wife and kids said, I should...

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Rubbiish(m): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Kujo:
Yes, I had to cut off totally from this particular friend of more than 5 years and we were very close.

he tried sleeping with my gf and said so many negatives things about me because we share a room, he asked my gf to be sleeping with him when i go to work and they should pretend nothing happened when I'm back

so I left the place that same day and I will never have anything to do with him again.

But did ur girlfriend sleep with him? & how did u get to know about this?
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by flejnr2(f): 4:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Now as we speak I have zero friends and actually enjoying my mental health

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
frank14011991:
I had to cut off my best friend for allowing Peter obi sweet mouth brain wash am

He should be the one to cut your demonic ass off first... Urchin angry

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Drenix(m): 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
Omo Na my cousin I cut off abeg....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Rubbiish(m): 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2022
Oyerinde16:
Cut off a friend I was accommodating and feeding, he was dating a lady on the forth floor
This is a very sad story
This is why I am very afraid of men that are easily controlled by women. Their mumu & betrayal no get part 2. When I see u are the type a woman can control, I begin to give u distance, no matter how close we are.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Karleb(m): 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2022
justifyme:
Have you ever cut someone off, and the person starts doing better than you automatically??

That's not the point of cutting people off.

Or are you an enemy of progress?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Gospel2Day: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
It is hard but there are some things a man got to do ....because some friends dey do pass themselves....

me way one of my guy loose guard in 2016....the guy wake up the morning of the day he want travel to Abuja go meet he boss for huzzle kingdom....he wake up to realize say he laptop nor green on...immediately na im he beg me for my hp laptop( the only laptop when I dey use as at that time unto say man pikin broke)...but i no reason am..i just give am....unto say my kind heart
This guy reach Abuja...good six months he nor collect anything...na so hungry dey beat am...he go dey call me I go dey give am hope..even send am small small money make he take dey support he feeding unto say their boss dey feed them only once in a day..
Oluwa run am for am...na im the guy pick...but the boss percentage too much......I come advice am make he return to Benin city come dey huzzle on he own afterall he don learn some work, tools and format...
The guy enter Benin...before you know it my guy dey collect am steadily...
Surprisingly or rather i shock when this guy start to dey loose guard me....if I call am he nor dey pick and return call...and funny enough the reason I dey call am na make we dey together as we dey do before dey smoke weed and most importantly make he help me tie weed....because as at that time I nor sabi tie weed...and na him introduce me to weed smoking....by constantly tieing it for me....
but the idiot was thinking because he now has a little money that is why am calling him and wanting to be around him
The one that reallly got to me or rather got me annoyed was the day I called him three times and he didn't pick ...from that day I stopped calling him...for one year I didn't call him...when he realize his mistake he called me one day but I managed to picked and we talked but deep down inside me our friendship can never remain the same...I was no longer picking his subsequent calls...I cut am off
And thank God..I can tie weed now....am a professional in weed tieing as am typing now

Quit tieing and smoking weed
Don't let heaven cut you off permanently and perpetually.
You still have time to repent and receive Jesus NOW before it is too late.
Hell is the Place of everlasting torment and torture where God sends all those He has cut ties with eternally.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by rapheal5(m): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar
It is hard but there are some things a man got to do ....because some friends dey do pass themselves....

me way one of my guy loose guard in 2016....the guy wake up the morning of the day he want travel to Abuja go meet he boss for huzzle kingdom....he wake up to realize say he laptop nor green on...immediately na im he beg me for my hp laptop( the only laptop when I dey use as at that time unto say man pikin broke)...but i no reason am..i just give am....unto say my kind heart
This guy reach Abuja...good six months he nor collect anything...na so hungry dey beat am...he go dey call me I go dey give am hope..even send am small small money make he take dey support he feeding unto say their boss dey feed them only once in a day..
Oluwa run am for am...na im the guy pick...but the boss percentage too much......I come advice am make he return to Benin city come dey huzzle on he own afterall he don learn some work, tools and format...
Surprisingly or rather i shock when this guy start to dey loose guard me....if I call am he nor dey pick and return call...and funny enough the reason I dey call am na make we dey together as we dey do before dey smoke weed and most importantly make he help me tie weed....because as at that time I nor sabi tie weed...and na him introduce me to weed smoking....by constantly tieing it for me....
but the idiot was thinking because he now has a little money that is why am calling him and wanting to be around him
The one that reallly got to me or rather got me annoyed was the day I called him three times and he didn't pick ...from that day I stopped calling him...for one year I didn't call him...when he realize his mistake he called me one day but I managed to picked and we talked but deep down inside me our friendship can never remain the same...I was no longer picking his subsequent calls...I cut am off
And thank God..I can tie weed now....am a professional in weed tieing as am typing now
as am typing now I'm tieing a big jumbo weed

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by busomma: 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yes I did cut off a very close childhood friend cos he lied to me. He immigrated from Nigeria to the United States with his only child & I accommodated them for 7 months not knowing he has been planning to go to Canada to seek for asylum. What pained me so much was that he lied to me that he'll be visiting a family friend in upstate New York ( he was staying with me in Maryland) & will be back in about a week. I dropped him off at the train station but didn't hear from him for 3 days. It was when he mistakenly sent me a whatsapp messages meant for his wife in Nigeria to me ,instructing her not to let me know he had crossed over to Canada, was when I found out.
He later apologized but I can't trust such a person anymore. We've known each other since 1980. I wish him well though.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by marlow1962(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

My nigga ryt from jss1 till we graduate ( we go same uni) luzgard em papa ( not me) too, but wertin but my head na say, since money start to dy enter our hand (em dy make em own money, me dy make my own, everybody get money). I be kind person wer be say, bfr I do anytin I go first clear am to my nigga make I hear em own advice for the talk, but u see dis foolish guy wer call emself my friend, wen money no dy em hand gals dy look am one kind eye ( base on owo no too dy levels, all man na packaging), but as money cun dy drop, my guy cun let the money enter em head.

My guy cun dy do anyhow, dy follow pussies wer no dy for am when em broke to shit, dy buy tins for gals wer no send am when em broke. My man dy do all kinds of crazy shit cus say money don dy em hand.
Me no like fake love, I hate fake ppl, as owo cun dy come I advise my guy on kind ppl wer dy troop into em life, I tell am say dem no like u na ur money matas.

My guy na ungrateful piece of shit, back then for uni, me and dis idiot don dy wen em no get shit for hand, I dy when na only cocopops and golden morn be em morning and night food, na me still dy cook with my own money cun call my guy make em come make we chop. Onto say na my nigga I no reason am, cus I believe go dy bless me so why I no go bless another person. But this fool get up one day, tell me to my face say if I talk too much say em go slap me ( the tin burst my head), all becus say I advise am on how and wertin em dy spend em money.

Since then I no dy advise person again, anytin wer person wn do wit em life GOODLUCK. As for my guy, e pain me say after all the Ms wer dy enter my guy account, Em squander am to the extent say dem throway my guy properties for outside for sch, inside all the money wer em get, my guy no fit bring out 100k pay for house rent.

Till today I no knw wertin my guy spend on we’re finish em money, my guy flex too hard e no save for the raining days.
Now my guy broke as broken glass, na another of em guy wer dy squat for another of em guy wer don Mary wit pikin house em day.
Two grown ass men dy squat wit person wr get wife and children, all em d name of my guy.

Na still dat my guy introduce me to smoke.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Lastlook: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by damzy88: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yoshiyuki:
Not all stories like massages have a happy ending....My friends circle is so small, it's now a dot. Had this friend that was a serial complainer and ultra sensitive like toothpaste. Whenever I pressed him (not literally, perv), he'll get all wound up and stop talking to me. I reached out to him and apologised a couple of times but after the last one, blanked the n*** He sent me a message almost 1 year after but ignored his sensitive ass grin
Serial complainer. Lol. Dem plenty. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by ItsTutsi(m): 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bahaushe ne kuma?! undecided cry
frank14011991:
I had to cut off my best friend for allowing Peter obi sweet mouth brain wash am
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by Allisgud: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Me I know dey waiste time with stupid people called friend,the idiot wey carry my mp3 go play gamble,abi na the one carry contribution take off,that's why when I listen to that Johny drill song how are u my friend I just hiss's mtcheew grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by frank14011991(m): 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Bahaushe ne kuma?! undecided cry
wallahi Dan adamawa ne, Amma tare da shi muka taso a legas.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Very Close Friend Completely? by bigcee(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
sylva1:
My very close friend introduced me to his cousin who duped me of my hard earned money. He accepted responsibility of paying me back in instalments and never did. I sought to go after his cousin to get my money, he kept shielding him. I felt betrayed after all I did for him. Had to cut him off completely!
Both of them done share money. Dem don carry you handicap grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

12 Things Everyone Does But No One Admits To (pics) / Trailer Crushes Pregnant Woman In Ibadan, 30 Others / Picture Of Python Killed In A Flooded House In Yenagoa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.