Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Fulfilling The Greatest Commandments - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fulfilling The Greatest Commandments (203 Views)

The Two Greatest Commandments: How Do You Obey Them? / Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments / Which Are The First And The Greatest Commandments Of The Law Of God By Moses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fulfilling The Greatest Commandments by topshore(f): 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Scripture Texts: Mark 12:28-34; Mathew 22:34-40

The two Greatest Commandments is to:
1. Love God with all in you
2. Love your neighbour as yourself.

These days Christians don't want to learn more about loving God. Most of us go to church, listen to sermons and take some jottings but after closing our Bibles, that's all. We don't revisit the Word of God again to learn more about how to love Him (2 Timothy 2:15). This explains why there's a lot of misbehaviour and indiscipline among Christians today.

Many of us claim to be busy but we've forgotten we're in the digital age where God Has provided us room to get knowledge at our fingertips. We can decide to study the Scriptures, read godly books, biographies, and watch Christian programmes online using our mobile phones, tablets, laptops, etc. This is knowing God on the go, anywhere at any available time.

Wickedness is advancing in this world so Christians should take heed to study and meditate deeply on God's Word to know Him better to able to remain in His love. The Bible says, for in the last days the love of many would be wax cold. We need to hold fast to God for the constant reminder of who God is, the depth of His love and His promises through His Word will sustain us in these evil days. Through this, we obey the Scriptures to express our love back to God.

The more we know God, the more we love Him, and the more we seek to know Him. To be central in our hearts, He must be foremost in our minds. We must continue to renew our hearts and minds through God's Word daily to know what God's love is. We can only give out the love we have experienced to our neighbours. If you don't know how to love God how do you want to know how to love your neighbour?

Let's stop forming busy and get serious in fulfilling the Greatest Commandments.

God bless you.

In case you want to give your life to Christ just say this short prayer:
" Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil and I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus mighty name I pray, amen".

Congratulations!

Peace!

Ref: Mountain Top Daily Devotional Vol 7, 2022.

(1) (Reply)

Complexity (Easiness) / In Christ Alone / How Pro. Kingsley Prayed Down Mysterious Rainfall To Douse Election Tension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.