Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member (1917 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. / How Do You Deal With An Occult Family Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by ukcars: 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2022
I mean like a brother or sister, father and mother. You guys see but just go your separate ways. Currently live in a city with 3 of my brothers, we don't talk, only talk when we meet in the family house for meetings, end of meetings everybody enter their cars and zoom off, no how family or how far. But is kind of relaxing to me after what happened.

Am the last born among 5 boys and a girl
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Yes ooo i cut my dad out of my life 9 years ago because he abandoned my mum in her sick bed while he was staying with another woman , he is now sick and weak begging for me to pay for his treatments which i refused I am paying him back for what he has done to my mum . I don’t care if he dies or not and I don’t regret it

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Eseries(m): 6:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bethanybethel:
Yes ooo i cut my dad out of my life 9 years ago because he abandoned my mum in her sick bed while he was staying with another woman , he is now sick and weak begging for me to pay for his treatments which i refused I am paying him back for what he has done to my mum . I don’t care if he dies or not and I don’t regret it

Omo…if you are in position to help your Dad and you can,….do it o!
Na expo I dey give you so!…
Forget wetin happen between him and your Mama.

Na your father he be o!
Nothing can change that.
We don’t have to always follow our emotions, you just have to do what is needed to be done.

Don’t take the place of God trying to reward men for thier deeds.

15 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Eseries:

Na your father he be o!
Nothing can change that.
We don’t have to always follow our emotions, you just have to do what is needed to be done.

I will not help him i rather use the money to wipes my bum bum than giving him , he deserve to suffer until his last day on earth

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bethanybethel:

That's a very nice thing! People do assume it's all good to be maltrearted or abandoned by parents or family and still forgive them. It's so absurd!

I don't care about family ties, should in case anyone mess up, I'm gonna ditch the person irrespective of the relationship.

14 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2022
Eseries:

Na your father he be o!
Nothing can change that.

Bullshit!

He didn't know he had to cater for the lady's mother when she was sick? He didn't know he would someday be old and sick? He didn't know he had a daughter that he should cater for?

He was busy philandering while his wife was ailing!

You're just a hypocrite and that's the typical trait of an average African. "Your dad is your dad" my foot!

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bethanybethel:

I will not help him i rather use the money to wipes my bum bum than giving him , he deserve to suffer until his last day on earth

Nice!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Reinamaria(f): 8:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bethanybethel:

What he did was very wicked.
As much as it hurts, for your own sake, break the circle and help him out however you can(since he's begged you).
Do it for yourself and for your own children.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 8:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reinamaria:

As much as it hurts, for your own sake, break the circle and help him out however you can(since he's begged you).

She owes him nothing!

People must learn to be responsible for their actions and know that there's repercussion for everything! The man is reaping the fruit of what he sowed. You can't eat your cake and have it.

The lady will live a prosperous life including all her generations. She owes that man nothing!

20 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reinamaria:

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
MufasaLion:

That's a very nice thing! People do assume it's all good to be maltrearted or abandoned by parents or family and still forgive them. It's so absurd!

I don't care about family ties, should in case anyone mess up, I'm gonna ditch the person irrespective of the relationship.

I concur, there is no peace for the wicked he should die and rots in hell

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Reinamaria:

I will not help him

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bethanybethel:

I concur, there is no peace for the wicked he should die and rots in hell

Right.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by JOACHINpedro: 7:28am On Dec 15, 2022
Na wah o!
Una dey vex for this country o.
I pray peace and comfort locates the brokenhearted

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aguiyimba(m): 11:44am On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

Tomorrow, you will regret your action.
Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 11:54am On Dec 15, 2022
Aguiyimba:

I will not regret anything

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Mindlog: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2022
Aguiyimba:

Our society tend to emotionally blackmail offsprings of deadbeat parents into providing care for parents who wilfully neglected their children while they were growing up, thereby subsidizing their irresponsibility......when parents begin to realize their neglected children would pay them back with the same coin, they will begin to sit up.

11 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Klass99(f): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
smiley

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Klass99(f): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Aurelius1(m): 1:33pm On Dec 15, 2022
Eseries:

Na your father he be o!
Nothing can change that.

Whatsoever one sows that he reaps. I don't believe in leaving judgement for God. If you can abandon your sick wife and run after another woman you deserve to be abandoned when you're sick. This is just me.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 2:05pm On Dec 15, 2022
Klass99:

@ The 1st bolded - Ehn ehn! She should forget what happened between the parents just like that, as if it never happened? The father can as well forget she exists too, since it's that easy to erase stuff from one's memory.

@ The 2nd bolded - I believe this is called reaping what you sow, the father sowed neglect he is only reaping the same neglect now. She is not playing God.

@ Bethanybethel & MufasaLion, it's so sad that you are deviants...........but I like cheesy.

Thank you grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2022
Klass99:

Oh.......and thanks for writing good/proper English. I mentally cringe every time I see you're an hypocrite, like wtf?

Who is teaching people English these days or where are they learning it from? It's junk English as far as I am concerned.

Most people don't write or speak the correct form of English Language anymore. It's sad and funny that many are even educated. I just don't feel comfortable when words/write-ups are not written properly, things arranged properly or in a specific manner (e.g books, chairs or anything.)

Pidgin Language has taken the role of second language among many people, including the tutors. It's so unfortunate that many see it as norms.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by MufasaLion: 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Klass99:

@ The 1st bolded - Ehn ehn! She should forget what happened between the parents just like that, as if it never happened? The father can as well forget she exists too, since it's that easy to erase stuff from one's memory.

@ The 2nd bolded - I believe this is called reaping what you sow, the father sowed neglect he is only reaping the same neglect now. She is not playing God.

@ Bethanybethel & MufasaLion, it's so sad that you are deviants...........but I like cheesy.

Exactly!

If you eat your cake, you can never have it back. It disgust me whenever people say that you must forget the past and forgive, because someone or some persons are your parents. To me, it's bullshit, and my parents already knows that.

I don't forgive nor forget. I don't like to cheat people and expect kindness afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by keymatt(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:
I can't imagine the pain that you have gone through due to your dad's past. But he's still your dad. If you're in the position to help him, pls do. Be different from your father who abandoned your mom.
Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by ukcars: 4:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Forgive ke

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 4:54pm On Dec 15, 2022
keymatt:
I can't imagine the pain that you have gone through due to your dad's past. But he's still your dad. If you're in the position to help him, pls do. Be different from your father who abandoned your mom.
Remain blessed.

I have ooo but i will not give him 1 kobo he doesn’t deserve it. He sow wickedness and he has reaped the wickdness he sow which is a great lesson for him , in his next life he will never dare to abandon his wife and children again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Bethanybethel(f): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
ukcars:
Forgive ke

No forgiveness for the wicked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Klass99(f): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2022
smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:34pm On Dec 15, 2022
So many upcoming deadbeats trying to justify bullshit,

Don't kid yourself, if you neglect your kids or treat a spouse badly, you will in turn be neglected like you never existed, this is a tit for tat generation with karma being the icing on the cake.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Klass99(f): 5:38pm On Dec 15, 2022
smiley

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Karleb(m): 5:55pm On Dec 15, 2022
Bethanybethel:

As much as this is mean, I just hate that we are advised to forgive people that hurt us so much. People that would not care if the role were reversed.

That was how my cousin had to go beg and forgive his mother that hurt him so much.

Really unfair.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cut Off A Family Member by Karleb(m): 5:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
Fountainofyouth:
So many incoming deadbeats trying to justify bullshit,

Don't kid yourself, if you neglect your kids or treat a spouse badly, you will in turn be neglected like you never existed, this is a tit for tat generation with karma being the icing on the cake.

Extend this to deadbeat moms too. We have many of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At What Age Does A Man Stop Loving His Wife ? / My Mom My Pain / Is It Possible For A Nigerian Man To Walk Out Of Marriage Without Divorce?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.