Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,247 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:17 AM

Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. (329 Views)

Snake We Killed At Our Apartment This Afternoon / An Unknown Stranger Has Invaded Our Lives...worms Live And Feed On Host / Powerful Effective Bed Bugs Killer Bait Powder To Kill Bedbugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Itidicious: 8:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
This is the previous threads i created about my mum's friend who's house was completely invaded with bedbugs .

https://www.nairaland.com/7417370/neighbour-bedbugs-now-happening

I could remember few months ago she always came to our place to pass the night cuz no one was living with her until she was able to get a house help. She spent close to months passing the night in our visitors room .

This evening as we were cleaning the visitors room , turning over the beds I couldn't believe my eyes to see bedbugs runing all over the place. Till this moment I'm just speechless because I know the difficulties of getting rid of this insect.

Please what should I do to get rid of it completely to prevent it from invading other rooms. Your advise are highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Itidicious: 9:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
Dominique, Mynd44 please help me move this to front page for more contribution. Thanks
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by tommy589(m): 9:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Itidicious:
Dominique, Mynd44 please help me move this to front page for more contribution. Thanks

What you need is heat to kill them all.Get a big or medium size hand dryer to generate hot air over affected areas,doors and wall crevices. You know they are stubborn,do it ceaselessly for few days for total eradication of bugs and their eggs

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Creamypie(m): 9:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
Itidicious:
This is the previous threads i created about my mum's friend who's house was completely invaded with bedbugs .

https://www.nairaland.com/7417370/neighbour-bedbugs-now-happening

I could remember few months ago she always came to our place to pass the night cuz no one was living with her until she was able to get a house help. She spent close to months passing the night in our visitors room .

This evening as we were cleaning the visitors room , turning over the beds I couldn't believe my eyes to see bedbugs runing all over the place. Till this moment I'm just speechless because I know the difficulties of getting rid of this insect.

Please what should I do to get rid of it completely to prevent it from invading other rooms. Your advise are highly appreciated. Thanks.
take all furniture, clothes outside in the sun. It kills em. Use kerosene rub cloth, use am clean the whole floor, 8including crevices, dab furniture, mattress with it in the sun. It kills immediately. Thank me later
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Promotions: 9:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
We had a guest that came in with bugs, I don't know if it was in her hair they were living in but the whole house nearly ran mad, it was so bad we had to iron the bed before sleeping on them but eventually what killed them was sniper, we sprayed it on the bed, floor, clothes etc and left it for days afterwards we dropped canfur (that white stuff they use on clothes) and that's how we had peace

2 Likes

Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Itidicious: 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2022
tommy589:

What you need is heat to kill them all.Get a big or medium size hand dryer to generate hot air over affected areas,doors and wall crevices. You know they are stubborn,do it ceaselessly for few days for total eradication of bugs and their eggs
Thanks for the advice. My mum has hair dryers. I will try that tomorrow.
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Itidicious: 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2022
Creamypie:
take all furniture, clothes outside in the sun. It kills em. Use kerosene rub cloth, use am clean the whole floor, 8including crevices, dab furniture, mattress with it in the sun. Thank me later
That will be tomorrow. Thanks, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Itidicious: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Promotions:
We had a guest that came in with bugs, I don't know if it was in her hair they were living in but the whole house nearly ran mad, it was so bad we had to iron the bed before sleeping on them but eventually what killed them was sniper, we sprayed it on the bed, floor, clothes etc and left it for days afterwards we dropped canfur (that white stuff they use on clothes) and that's how we had peace
Seriously. I'm just Afraid it might start spreading to other rooms. Those insects are so annoying
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by Truvelisback(m): 10:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bring the infected furnitures like the bed,sofa, etc outside when the hot sun is out. Then start hunting them in their hiding places with insecticides. The hot sun would make them come out from their hiding places while u kill them.

1 Like

Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by ogokam: 10:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
Bedbugs are so difficult to get rid off because they hide in the smallest cracks or holes, even in wall socket holes, in cushions, curtains, etc. You can't get rid of them easily by bringing out your property to the sun. The best way is to thoroughly fumigate your house every quarter. Why one fumigation is not enough is because of the eggs. You may kill the ones that have hatched then what about the eggs? Quarterly Fumigation is your best bet.
Re: Bedbugs Has Invaded Our Apartment. by dominique(f): 8:17am On Dec 15, 2022
Use mothballs

(1) (Reply)

Remove Genital Wart Now... / How To Make Dettol Liquid Soap At Home � / Female Pre-conception Tea (fertility Tea)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.