Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,826 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers (62504 Views)

United Kingdom Begins Process For Recruiting Nigerian Teachers / Apply Now: Japanese Government Scholarship For Nigerian Teachers / Salaries Of Nigerian Teachers And Their Perceived Lack Of Competence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by PeterObi4LP: 1:23pm On Dec 15, 2022
My guy don rush go do passport today. Next year na Japa should the dead walking corpse emerge Nigeria President.

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 15, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
UK and Canada are bent on exploiting all of Nigeria!

Competent doctors, teachers and Engineers might become a scarce resource by 2030

The government and inconsiderate employers are the real people exploiting Nigeria, not the UK government. People have suffered too much in Nigeria to not have options. Life isn't meant to be so...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Johel(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
angelEmade:

There is no war in Russia sir. I am a medical student here at North Eastern Federal University. YAKUTSK, RUSSIA (coldest city in the world. Temperature today was minus 53degrees. Time right now is 21:05pm) from Moscow to this place...everywhere is peaceful. STAY BLESSED SIR.

Very good...so I rather settle in Russia than being in UK...I love Russia.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Toks2008(m): 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2022
mmsen:

Please show me the numbers. I find that very hard to believe.

French Exodus from London.
https://clickmoves.com/french-exodus-from-london/

Many of the people that I know in the UK have left or are looking to leave because they now realize that the cost of living is unfavorable and that they can earn significantly more in north America or at least endure lower living costs on continental Europe. The UK is in very bad fiscal shape and has been for a while.

Why would any sane person move to post Brexit UK? They are the worst performing advanced economy in the world and are due to enter a prolonged recession.

They are on the verge of rolling back the banking protections that were designed to stop another great recession out of economic desperation.
https://todayuknews.com/politics/jeremy-hunts-rollback-of-post-crash-banking-protections-could-rebound-badly/

The Paris stock exchange overtook London to become Europe's biggest.
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/paris-london-stock-market-largest-europe-120718587.html?guccounter=1

Those people are either confused or have no right to live and work in UK.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Menclothing: 1:26pm On Dec 15, 2022
Nigeria govt spend money to fund university UK is harvesting skill workers

Promo sales all sizes available pod

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by angelEmade: 1:27pm On Dec 15, 2022
Venom11:

Senior man, that place go well? bn actually thinking bout that plz...
You have idea what it cost to move over there, but the cold Sha?
Not all part of Russia is extremely cold actually. But honestly, Russia is a fold country. Study visa is the surest way to come here sir. About 2m will get you here including flight if you manage well.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by VULCAN(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
As is the case with people whose thinking can only go so far....

You gave no thought to the unintended consequences of paying teachers much more money.

The school fees will go up.

Because no school will absorb the cost

Nigeria got to the point it is now because those ruling us have been unable to think things through.

They make decisions based on what is glaringly obvious but lack the brain capacity to ask themselves what will happen that may not be so obvious

Oh I just realised it is you.

The man that wants fuel to sell for N700

No wonder it wasn't obvious to you that the cost of increasing the salaries of teachers is immediately passed across to the parents.

Mtscheww
SmartPolician:

I'm sorry your story is hard to believe.

It's good for teachers in Nigeria to travel to other countries to cause shortage in Nigeria.

When it becomes hard to see quality teachers in Nigeria, government and schools will be forced to pay them a decent salary.

How can government be paying teachers less than #100k and think it's okay? It's even worse in private schools where some teachers are paid less than #50k.

Globalization is a reality that Nigeria must learn to live with or become utterly useless.

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Ay92(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2022
I work as a PTA teacher in a federal government owned secondary school with a pay of 20k. Why won't I move to a greener pasture?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by angelEmade: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Johel:

Very good...so I rather settle in Russia than being in UK...I love Russia.
Yeah and the people here are very friendly to blacks. No racism. WhatsApp me and we can talk more. +79644165577

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by angelEmade: 1:29pm On Dec 15, 2022
Venom11:

Senior man, that place go well? bn actually thinking bout that plz...
You have idea what it cost to move over there, but the cold Sha?
WhatsApp me and we can talk more
+79644165577
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by ayo2008: 1:30pm On Dec 15, 2022
Johel:

Mumu Na your surname...I don't settle for less dawg.

Shior!
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by blueAgent(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
Starzo:

Nigeria will always have brains... we're an intelligent people

But this development saddens me undecided

Joker, intelligent fire.

Intelligence that produces third world country
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Venom11(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2022
angelEmade:

WhatsApp me and we can talk more
+79644165577
Ok
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Fearyourcreator: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
SmartPolician:

I'm sorry your story is hard to believe.

It's good for teachers in Nigeria to travel to other countries to cause shortage in Nigeria.

When it becomes hard to see quality teachers in Nigeria, government and schools will be forced to pay them a decent salary.

How can government be paying teachers less than #100k and think it's okay? It's even worse in private schools where some teachers are paid less than #50k.

Globalization is a reality that Nigeria must learn to live with or become utterly useless.

Depends on private school... Some are paying above 100k for subject teachers... And some schools that got pupils and students paying less than 25k how will they pay 50k to teachers...
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by ogbonti: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2022
mmsen:
Do none of you ever ask why the UK needs to import everything and people for every sector?

They don't have their own people that they can train to do these essential jobs? And if they do why are their own people refusing to take up these positions?

was this the reason they connived with the nigerian political class to decimate the Nigerian economy and create massive insecurity through banditry and insurgency so that the best and brightest can flee the country ?

hmmmm by the time everyone leaves - Britain will have all the access to steal our resources with no one back home in Nigeria to stop them while we live as their slaves doing menial jobs in the UK and those who claim to have good jobs will be paying high taxes through their nose to sustain the British economy and have little or nothing to keep for themselves after paying the never ending bills -

we are going there just to eat bread and work like jackie until we get old and expire in Britain - with no returning to the motherland ….. because there will be nothing to return to

this is sophisticated slave trade all over again - and we are so blind as a society to see it because the availability of bread is used as a bait to have us voluntarily get on the slave ship to perpetual slavery

cry Nigeria - mourn Africa, they finally finished us

5 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by MikoB: 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2022
Toks2008:

You have no idea how many citizens of france and UK are trooping to UK.

Sit down there and believe what you read on social media cos if you are living in UK, you will definitely not write the quoted.

Stop quoting nonsense, their are more British citizens living in france than vice versa, try to do research before writing in public space.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by oshorstan(f): 1:41pm On Dec 15, 2022
Most Nigerian Professors won't mind traveling to UK to teach Primary 1.

These imperialists wants to empty Nigeria, so we will be left with irresponsible elements as leaders.

That's why we are seeing them wearing Khaki because we are operating Kakistocracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by oshorstan(f): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
Time will come when we will be begging the UK to return our best brains. Because the are already already leaving.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Domistar5(f): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2022
annisy:
Finally the end has come to our already dead education sector

UK has taken our Doctors now Teachers cry
E go now turn to brain drain for teaching industry.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by onyxo76(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
UK and Canada are bent on exploiting all of Nigeria!

Competent doctors, teachers and Engineers might become a scarce resource by 2030
thats too far, we're feeling the effects seriously in the health and IT sections.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by ednut1(m): 1:45pm On Dec 15, 2022
I cant date a teacher people how market

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Prosperity4All: 1:47pm On Dec 15, 2022
Ehnnn.... yet another door opens for the Japa hopefuls

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by benqo01(m): 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
THIS IS BAD FOR THE NIGERIA EDUCATION SECTOR,WE CANT AFFORD TO LET GO OF OUR TEACHERS BESIDES WE ARE SHORT OF TEACHERS IN THE COUNTRY ALREADY THIS IS A COLOSSAL FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT.

ITS SO UNFORTUNATE THE UK ARE MAKING USE OF OUR BEST BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Starzo: 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2022
blueAgent:

Joker, intelligent fire.

Intelligence that produces third world country
You understand that intelligent alone does not determine how far a nation developes right?.. especially if greed and corruption has created an unabling environment for talents to flourish.

Even intelligence can be used for the wrong reason as in those who use their brains to make sophisticated weapons of mass destruction. Or the ones engaging in sophisticated cyber crime

Intelligence can be used for right and wrong reasons

Nigerians are very intelligent only that most times the intelligence is used for wrong reasons or it's suffocated.

Just check the exploits of our graduates abroad and you'll understand what I'm talking about

1 Like

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Samuelthemanli(m): 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2022
Almost All Our Doctors Are Out Of Nigeria, Now Teachers want To Go Too!
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by tiswell(m): 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2022
Jolly1010:
State government teachers earn less than 50k entrance level salary in most states. The renumeration is so poor in all ramifications.
Anambra,entry level,grade 8 step 3=392k annual salary.

Nigerian govt teachers are really suffering.

2 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by Cantonese: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2022
snitchbitch:
UK? If na America or Canada now, those ones better pass UK

Even Europe like Spain, France better pass UK

Who says?
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by mmsen: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2022
ogbonti:

was this the reason they connived with the nigerian political class to decimate the Nigerian economy and create massive insecurity through banditry and insurgency so that the best and brightest can flee the country ?

hmmmm by the time everyone leaves - Britain will have all the access to steal our resources with no one back home in Nigeria to stop them while we live as their slaves doing menial jobs in the UK and those who claim to have good jobs will be paying high taxes through their nose to sustain the British economy and have little or nothing to keep for themselves after paying the never ending bills -

we are going their just to eat bread and work like jackie until we get old and expire in the Britain - with no returning to the motherland ….. because there will be nothing to return to

this is sophisticated slave trade all over again - and we are so blind as a society to see it because the availability of bread is used as a bait to have us voluntarily get on the slave ship to perpetual slavery

cry Nigeria - mourn Africa, they finally finished us

Slavery and colonialism never ended they were simply rebranded.
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by mmsen: 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2022
Toks2008:

Those people are either confused or have no right to live and work in UK.

They're confused because they as trained professionals are leaving for higher wages and more favorable economic conditions?

Businesses are leaving the UK, why would labor also not leave?

The way some of you people defend the UK baffles me to no end. It's almost as if colonialism lives on in your heads.

3 Likes

Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by abuhusna1: 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
greenermodels:
Nigeria has been listed among African countries whose citizens can now apply for qualified teacher status through the Teaching Regulation Agency in the United Kingdom, from February 2023.

Other foreign countries which the offer extends to include Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Jamaica, Singapore, South Africa, Ukraine and Zimbabwe.

A publication early December on the UK government’s website, by its Department for Education, announced the application for interested non-UK nationals.

The PUNCH reports that the applicants do not even necessarily require initial teaching qualifications as the country offers a training programme for the potential migrants.

The notice read, “From February 1, 2023, teachers who qualified in the following nine countries (listed above) will also be able to apply to the QTR through the TRA.

“This change is part of the launch of a new service.

“Teachers from all eligible countries will have to show they meet a consistent set of criteria for the award of the QTS. Over time, this route will be opened to qualified teachers from every country outside the UK.

“To apply for assessment – only QTS, you do not need a formal teacher training qualification.

“However, you must have: a minimum of two years teaching experience, a first (bachelor’s) degree from a UK or non-UK university, an English language qualification which is the same standard as a grade four General Certificate of Secondary Education, a maths qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE to teach children aged three to 11 in primary school, a physics, chemistry or biology (science) qualification which is the same standard as a grade four GCSE.”

https://punchng.com/uk-opens-door-for-nigerian-teachers/
Here is the link
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/awarding-qualified-teacher-status-to-overseas-teachers/a-fairer-approach-to-awarding-qts-to-overseas-teachers--2
Re: UK Opens Door For Nigerian Teachers by tuzle(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2022
greenermodels:
if you're a teacher, you would have realised that the country is already experiencing teacher shortages especially in areas like physics, computer, literature etc if they recruit teachers with two years experience from Nigeria, our schools would be heavily affected. Most graduates can't teach,in my school, before you're allowed to go for the micro teaching test new applicants,you must first pass an examination on your subject area. If you apply to teach economics, you would be given a complete past waec question of let's say 2020 to answer, if you pass it,then you can go for micro teaching test before a decision would be made to employ you or not. Recently, we haven't been getting applicants for most subject areas talkless of ones that can pass the required application tests.
which school is that and how is the pay there? I have taught in a lot of schools around my area and teaching in private secondary schools isn't something I would advice anyone to do if their was a better option

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Ask Me Anything About Careers And Jobs In Dubai / 2015 Nestoil Recruitment / Girl Holding Placard Begs Otedola, Tony Elumelu, Linda Ikeji To Help Her Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.