Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,093 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:20 AM

How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans (12537 Views)

Six Foods To Avoid Before You Meet Your Woman In Bed / Ways To Avoid The Temptation To Eat Out / Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Vindy: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
Wat abt those of us that ar alwys eating it out.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
armyofone:

Kai labalaba, na so you do am reach till you come open thread for farters?  wink grin
beans don't make me fart but sometime when i mistakenly make my moin moin too watery, i give it out  grin
my only problem is ata rodo that make number 2 hot, not funny at all at all. any thread for that?
Free me jere, it's a natural thing smiley you should totally start the thread for you know what wink

gmyguy:

the flatuliability induced from ingesting this legume is incorrigible shocked
Too much English ooo, I concur though

Vindy:

Wat abt those of us that ar alwys eating it out.
I guess you are stuck with the medication then, I heard most sellers out use "Akaun" to soften the beans so it cooks faster, that will definitely lead to major gas.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by DAVE5(m): 10:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
(gas effect) i bin think say nah 1 disease or yankee stuff until read som replies. call am d name wen erybody undastand abeg= mess,polute, or beta still fart effect.abegi
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by calculusx(m): 11:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
beans beans beans, i love beans but the aftermath is always like boko haram blast grin. A doctor told me to always add much onions to the beans when cooking it so that the mess can come out with ease and won't spoil the air unlike what it used to be where I myself can't withstand the smell and it worked, lol
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by ufumes(m): 6:43am On Sep 02, 2011
@poster, you are contradicting yourself. You said the longer one cooks beans the better, why then do you discourage the use of salt which according to you slows down the softening process of beans?
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2011
That was beautifully beautiful. Expecting another tip soon wink
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by rabzy: 7:31am On Sep 02, 2011
I ate beans to death while at the University, now i can hardly stand it except as ewa iganyin and eat it with Agege bread. I just make plenty and store in the deep freezer and thaw it out, as per the gas thing, well its part of what makes life fun. I just do it alone or with people i am super comfortable with.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by mustspin: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2011
gmyguy:

the flatuliability induced from ingesting this legume is incorrigible shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by obowunmi(m): 9:48am On Sep 02, 2011
Funny thread.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by edonbetao: 10:10am On Sep 02, 2011
I've found the solution of lime juice taken first thing in the morning or just before bedtime to be very effective in combating this phenomenon and several other digestive malfunctions. you might want to try it.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by koolkamzzy(m): 10:44am On Sep 02, 2011
WHy waste the gas?, when its actually the gas that make you last a whole day without eating another food for the rest of the day.

During ma Poly days, beans and Agege bread was ma favourite. once eaten, it can last me a whole day. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even up till now i can still go on beans for the whole week,

HO! BEANS BEANS BEANS ma best friend food, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by ladusb(m): 10:55am On Sep 02, 2011
Removing gas [/b]out of [b]beans is like removing Oxygen Out of[b] AIR[/b]. can that be done?
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by bidex(m): 12:09pm On Sep 02, 2011
IN COMING! quick cover your nose!

for goodness sake! why should i avoid the gas when the essence of beans is the gas? abeg make we invent gas competition. am sure am going to be a champion.

you are talking of beans what of kuli kuli, epa, and soya beans drink and fura? also, adding milk to these will make farting oops! gas competition alive!
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Quilabege: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
It is true that the initial cost of such a car is generally higher than a similarly-sized conventional vehicle, but there are post-purchase savings that may off-set the initial outlay.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by brianon: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
Hmm, beans have never really been a problem for me. But thanks for sharing!
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Dandy1(m): 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
grin Laugh Wan Kill Me Die Go Heaven (LWKMDGH).Dis is Nairalands most hilarious thread of D decade.@Q are you nuts?
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Gbenge77(m): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
Lol@topic.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by ikechukz(m): 9:42pm On Sep 02, 2011
men i love beans.its my second best food and one thing i kinda love the gas cauae it makes me high.so NO THANKS,
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by izunned: 3:14am On Sep 03, 2011
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans

Thanks 4 dis process but mark u,more important in beans is the protein which this repeated, soaking washing and cooking will affect .
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by adedotman5(m): 11:14am On Sep 03, 2011
I use to eat beans when I was alive,but now,I have to crack my brain for a while before I could recollect what beans is
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 06, 2011
grin
Dandy.:

grin Laugh Wan Kill Me Die Go Heaven (LWKMDGH).Dis is Nairalands most hilarious thread of D decade.@Q are you nuts?
cheesy
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by chailatte: 3:07pm On Dec 19, 2011
On beans & gas, here's a great column about exactly that: http://nutritionfacts.org/blog/2011/12/05/beans-and-gas-clearing-the-air/ (NutritionFacts.org is an excellent resource. Non-commercial, and provides sources for all research cited.)
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by vb0mb(m): 6:27am On Jan 08, 2012
It is the messing/farting effect thats is the fun in eating beans
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 10, 2012
To avoid the gas, boil your beans with limestone
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Kay1kay1(m): 10:56am On Jan 24, 2012
East:

To avoid the gas, boil your beans with limestone

You mean potash or limestone?

@ labalaba Great hints. Thanks.

The best guarantee for me has been pouring garri on the beans. At least, that way I know I'm not a walking spraycan.

I'm still wary of the onion thing. From gas, it becomes gas express.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 24, 2012
Kay1kay1:

You mean potash or limestone?

@ labalaba Great hints. Thanks.

The best guarantee for me has been pouring garri on the beans. At least, that way I know I'm not a walking spraycan.

I'm still wary of the onion thing. From gas, it becomes gas express.

Thanks dear. I dont know whether itz call limestone or potash. but itz like a stone that melts, some are even sold in the form of powder.
Hope this helps in identifying it.
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Cockpitboy(m): 10:56pm On May 13, 2012
This thread made me laugh so hard....

I suggest you Stir fry the soft boiled n drained beans with stewy seasoning...great taste n different flavours depending on the stock of seasoning. Don't worry about gassing...smiley
Re: How To Avoid The "gas" Effect Of Beans by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 11, 2012

theres no way to get around it lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Joy Of Kpomo / Are There Vegetarians In Nigeria? / Share Your Experience Drinking Pepper Soup.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.