Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,782 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

" You Are Eurocentric" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / " You Are Eurocentric" (746 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

" You Are Eurocentric" by Haiba: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2011
,  this was what a 70yr black old man said to me after a  small encounter. just to put things in a better perspective I am also black in my 20s and this happened in London.

This man came to my shop, a drug store to obtain his medications and he asked how to use them. He asked if the two medicines can be used together I said yes (because they can be used together) and he further asked if they are the same " i said no they are not the same but complimentary" he looked at me and said "you are eurocentric" and he packed his medicine and worked off.

I know this old man might be loosing his faculties but can anyone deduce from what i have just described how he came to this conclusion.
Re: " You Are Eurocentric" by Rgp92: 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2011
Maybe because you said it was complimentary undecided Maybe you didn't greet him properly lipsrsealed
Re: " You Are Eurocentric" by PhysicsQED(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2011
I think you mean "complementary" and not "complimentary." These two words have different meanings.

The old man in that story sounds confused. Things can complement/assist each other without being the same. In fact, to complement each other, they almost certainly have to be different.
Re: " You Are Eurocentric" by Ybutterfly: 2:50am On Sep 07, 2011
you didn't say anything wrong, the old man maybe losing it

(1) (Reply)

Happy Halloween: Why Is Nigeria Not Celebrating? / Cultural Extinction / She Chose Teacher Education Over Yoruba Language...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.