Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance (25792 Views)

‘Resign If You Don’t Understand Governance’ – Pastor Giwa Blasts Tinubu / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing / Ganduje: I Think El-rufai Doesn’t Understand The Issue Of Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by nusirat(m): 7:22am On Dec 16, 2022
Saao:
The former governor was just a mistake. How can u destroy a state that gave u opportunity to govern her? Its pure wickedness
Always check the your fact, in Osun, Oyetola is a prudent in spend, and a very very discipline admistrator, in the next 100 days the people of Osun will know waiting dey.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by yetty247(f): 7:23am On Dec 16, 2022
OddsDoc:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/12/i-left-n14bn-for-adeleke-he-doesnt-understand-governance-oyetola/amp/

Seems Adeleke doesn't know what to do with his tenure.... He kuku channel him energy towards attacking APC

It's a good Agenda tho and i hope those that voted for him will repeat it Sha cos i know 4years no dey reach dem
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by bekpo(m): 7:24am On Dec 16, 2022
Saao:
The former governor was just a mistake. How can u destroy a state that gave u opportunity to govern her? Its pure wickedness

How was he a mistake? A governor who never sought 4 n obtained loan for d period of 4 yrs he was in d saddle of leadership? And u called him a mistake? Wait n enjoy d new dancing governor as he will dance ur resources 2 his family enterprise.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Tareq1105: 7:28am On Dec 16, 2022
Leave them, they would soon know the difference if Oyetola is a waster or not. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for Adeleke to tell Osun state people and indeed Nigerians if truly Oyetola had been sharing Osun money with Tinubu as he alleged during the debate and campaign. Since Tinubu is their headache, Adeleke should tell Nigerians how much Oyetola has been remitting to Tinubu monthly. It's easy to allege after all talk is cheap, Adeleke should proof.

BluntTheApostle:

Prudent management of resources and ability to deploy little resources judiciously to achieve more has earned Governor Adegboyega Oyetola of Osun recognition by the Federal Ministry of Finance and the World Bank Group.

To this end, Oyetola was adjudged the “Best Governor on Efficiency of Public Expenditure” by the World Bank’s States’ Fiscal Transparency, Accountability, and Sustainability (SFTAS), beating 35 other governors to clinch the coveted award. Similarly Osun, as a state, also clinched another award of excellence for being the “Top” performer on Domestic Revenue Mobilisation.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/world-bank-awards-oyetola-best-governor-on-efficiency-of-public-expenditure/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by kelmicheal: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2022
You need to prove this with evidenced not with mouth show us the account history and remaining balance in bank statement very simple and all parties will be at peace
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by alimiadedayo1: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2022
alanto:

That's when to use your head if Osun national assembly passed a bill to borrow such amount it will be in the news because of oppositions in the house, I agree Adeleke doesn't understand what he's saying. How much does Osun state even get as allocation?
Osun's budget for this year is I think 130m
130m for a state budget? infact you know what you are saying they suppose to stone you especially that your stinky mouth you used to say rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by astricker: 7:30am On Dec 16, 2022
clemzo101:
did Oyetola complain about Aregbesola? No. So don't come today telling us aregbesola caused it. It is good adeleke is letting everyone know what's up.

Oyetola was in what position under Aregbesola's government? I think that should answer your question.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:31am On Dec 16, 2022
shegz24:

The fact that Oyetola didnt complain about Aregbesola is the more reason Adeleke should stop complaining and do the damn job he was elected for.

He thought governing a state with a low GDP like Osun ,where majority of her educated folks are teachers and civil servants is by dancing.
These are the people that keep yapping about what they will do when they get to office but never about how they will do it or create funds to do it.
Similar to Peter Obi the noisemaker.

E never see anything. grin

This is exactly what we will get from Peter Obi should he become president. It would be excuses and excuses and statistics.

They all know the debt profile of Nigeria o. When they get there, they will start complaining that they can't work.

Oyetola was there for 4 years, working based on the reality, including ensuring not to borrow more, as well as reduce the debt.

Why is Adeleke complaining.

The debt originated from Aregbe's administration.

4 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:34am On Dec 16, 2022
astricker:

Oyetola was in what position under Aregbesola's government? I think that should answer your question.

The question is, was Adeleke not aware of the debt profile of Osun? Or he was just interested in becoming governor at all cost?

Even people who did not reside in Osun state knew about the terrible Osun state debt profile before Oyetola took over.

Oyetola did not add to the debt. Rather, he reduced it.

So, what is Adeleke's problem?

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by abbeywasc(m): 7:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Hmm.

Adeleke claimed they borrowed 18bn recently,
Omipidan said they got 3bn for 6months as budget support. 3x6 na 18bn too.(which other states received too)

The question is whether federal government expects its money back. If it does, na loan be dt. E no matter if the whole world got it too.

Going by antecedents, FG usually recovers such "bailouts". So it should be classified as a loan.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Dshocker(m): 7:37am On Dec 16, 2022
He left N14B debt for Adeleke grin
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by JAMO84: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
How can you claim you left 14bn in the government house in cash? Is the government house a bank? How can you even leave a cash of 14bn ?

Peter obi gave evidence in the form of bank statements and account numbers which explicitly stated the amount he left for his successor. Oyetola must be a foolish criminal to think that Nigerians are fools to believe his lying words without evidence.

NB: oyetola during his handover claimed to have left the money in cash
But the government hasn't denied the 14b he left behind.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by tfelicityk(m): 7:43am On Dec 16, 2022
He can tutor him via his letter to the media...

Rather adeleke can employ him as a consultant...

If I were him, I will be watching keenly and respond to him as when due.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by wallarwallar(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
How can you claim you left 14bn in the government house in cash? Is the government house a bank? How can you even leave a cash of 14bn ?

Peter obi gave evidence in the form of bank statements and account numbers which explicitly stated the amount he left for his successor. Oyetola must be a foolish criminal to think that Nigerians are fools to believe his lying words without evidence.

NB: oyetola during his handover claimed to have left the money in cash

2 many kids on dis forum so where did oyetola said he left cash in government house or state coffer don turn government house. U @ very young but ur brain is very useless

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by ICEWIN: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2022
alanto:

That's when to use your head if Osun national assembly passed a bill to borrow such amount it will be in the news because of oppositions in the house, I agree Adeleke doesn't understand what he's saying. How much does Osun state even get as allocation?
You point have no jurisdiction,please get your fact b4 typing.
osun budget as of 2022 about 129billi,2023 was 138billion.

Adeleke knows what his saying,his not a kid,he can't just come out on public and open fowl yansh,he has carried out his investigation.
Billion is not naira.
As an existing governor you are supposed to give proper account of public fund but he didn't.
Beside why didn't he pay salaries/pensioniers their money.
The existing governor owe 75b on salaries despite receiving 50b bail out.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:53am On Dec 16, 2022
Oga keep quiet if don’t have anything to say.
famouscargo4u:

Check your fact. Oyetola did well.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Great2017: 8:00am On Dec 16, 2022
shegz24:
Na Oyetola get time dey reply.

I thought Adeleke wants to be governor, now that he is, he should do better and stop giving excuses.

Its no one's fault that he didnt do proper research on the financial state of Osun before jumping into the ring to campaign repeatedly to become the Governor.

Its Adeleke's job to make things better ,shikena.

That is the same thing some clowns said when Buhari spoke about how PDP sucked Nigeria dry before he took over.

How do you make things to be better without making people to be accountable?

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Reference(m): 8:04am On Dec 16, 2022
This is the fault of the people that elect so called leaders and then pamper them ignorantly instead of demanding for open government and accountability.

In other climes there are no surprises because the Republicans know the state of the economy presently led by the Democrats, the Labour party in opposition knows exactly how the Conservative party is handling the economy to the last penny.

Here it is all about tribe and religion, useless sentiments that cannot guarantee good governance or any iota of return on any democratic dividend. This is the result.

The people of Osun will continue to suffer until they take the reins of Government and decide what happens. How can a single individual take such a huge loan on your behalf and you are not even aware of it. Where does this kind of thing happen except in a Banana republic with toddlers masquerading as legitimate citizens.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Hope2023: 8:07am On Dec 16, 2022
How can a state's budget for a year be 130m? Is that money to buy snacks or what, its obvious u don't know what is called state government. Osun state budgeted 129.7billion naira for 2022. Don't just be peddling lies here like Oyetola.

alanto:

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by tamdun: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2022
adigun4mee:
Fool,you left 14 Billion but owe several billions and took loan that worth several billions
U are the fool,the guy did not take any loan,what is left now is Aregbe loan
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Agwaso: 8:09am On Dec 16, 2022
Why would a governor keep N14b cash, is the government house a bank? A few points i have noted from his statement are as follows;
1. Keeping cash in the government house make it easier for pilfering and steal without trace, either by the governor, his family, or members of his staff.
2. It can also be money received from bribery, in cash but cannot be converted with this new CBN policies, hence they for the new government to pay salaries in cash.
3. How did the cash get to the government house? Was hugh amount of money withdrawn from the bank to keep the the government house, from which bank and for what purpose.
4. Is the money from IGR, if yes, is the government house a bank to store renvenue generated internally?
5. The ex governor should help why his government will leave 14b cash.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by kissdabride: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2022
famouscargo4u:

which fact apcshit are just destroyer satanic & demonic party their best is evil

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by kissdabride: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2022
famouscargo4u:

Their best is evil demonic nothing good about apcshit
Apcshit will construct a kilometres road for billions

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Jemex003: 8:22am On Dec 16, 2022
Saao:

Shut up if you don’t live in Osun don’t just comment nonsense here. Oyetola did he’s best and he did well.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by demoBaba: 8:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Life05:
Pls guys, if you're led to help pls kindly assist me with some money to buy drugs. Am very sick with malaria and typhoid but I haven't taken drugs or eaten anything since morning due to lack of money. I live with my dad who is retired and my mom is late. Am pleading from my heart pls kindly assist me pls. may God bless you.
Acct no: Angela
GTBank

You posted this at 6:37am, also claimed not eat since morning. This shows you're a SCAMMER.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by Taigaban: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2022
We have heard you. But much was your last minute withdrawal? To you understanding governance means borrowing billions using them for nothing? Na only question I dey ask o. Make una no vex.
Re: Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance by ImoleNaija: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2022
demoBaba:

You posted this at 6:37am, also claimed not eat since morning. This shows you're a SCAMMER.

Werey has edited his/her post & changed it to 'since yesterday'. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Willie Obiano's Customized Champagnes Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos / Kwankwaso To OBJ, Clark: Stop Disgracing Yourselves. Endorsing Obi is a Mistake / Reuben Abati And Fani-Kayode Insult Themselves On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.