Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 (3248 Views)

Lady Assaults, Slaps A Huge Guy At Fast Food Restaurant. See Reactions / Tiwa Savage Rocking A Guy At A Club Seductively / Approaching The Beautiful Woman: How To Handle The Pressure Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by JackDaAlienz(m): 4:46pm On Dec 17, 2022
My elder bro just got married and today he sat me down and lectured me that it is time I make move and get married.

Personally I'm a freak for sex with ladies
I'm a natural playboy and the thought of getting married is doing me somehow.
My big bro senior me with 2 years and now he has married and me I'm still waiting for the "Right One"

I don't have a high salary to maintain a family
But my big bro has sworn to support me only if i take marriage serious.

What should I do?
Should I go ahead and find a decent girl to marry since my big bro said he will sponsor everything for me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by CANDYDADDY(m): 4:51pm On Dec 17, 2022

Don't let him convince or force you into marrying

I give your brother up to 2 years in his marriage after that ask him his experience so far

How many time we gonna let u know that marriage only favours ladies, while it nothing than hindrance to men

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Jeon(f): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2022
Please don't get in anything that is related to marriage.

13 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by JackDaAlienz(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2022
Jeon:
Please don't get in anything that is related to marriage.
I'm so confused cry
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by olasaad(f): 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
Lol

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by CivilEngineer90: 5:03pm On Dec 17, 2022
Tell him u will marry at his own age.
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by youngmd: 5:04pm On Dec 17, 2022
Rush in I pray u don rush out

2 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 17, 2022
He has no right to tell you to get married just because he himself got married, you will get married at your own time when you're ready even if you'd be 40 years old.

I really don't get why some people like pressuring others to do the same thing as them, next thing when you end up getting married to the wrong woman out of pressure, he won't be there to share the stress with you.

He should mind his marriage and let you do you, and marriage is not for everyone.

9 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Eyesstone(f): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2022
Do by your wishes, not someone else own

4 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nazgul: 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:
My elder bro just got married and today he sat me down and lectured me that it is time I make move and get married.

My big bro senior me with 2 years and now he has married and me I'm still waiting for the "Right One"

What should I do?
Should I go ahead and find a decent girl to marry since my big bro said he will sponsor everything for me?
@ bolded

If you're not financially buyouant for now, it's best you remain single. I've seen people who the church paid every penny for them to get married, from the girls bride price to the refreshments at the reception.

But reality dawned on them when they got home, obviously the church wouldn't feed you and your wife, neither would they take care of your kids. Most of them have become wife beaters due to frustration and depression.

I know your brother means well for you, but if things aren't level discard his advice for now.

There's more to marriage than a sponsored wedding.

10 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by SocialJustice: 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should I do?
If your finances are not in shape, wait and improve it to the point you're sure you can support another adult and baby. Just forget what your brother said. And for 30, you're still young, you're not a woman, I'm older than your elder brother by far. I'm not even disturbed because I won't destroy my current lifestyle to have kids.

Marriage alone is not an easy thing, without sufficient money, it will quickly become hell and premature death is not far away unless you want to bail.

9 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by toujurs: 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
He has no right to tell you to get married just because he himself got married, you will get married at your own time when you're ready even if you'd be 40 years old.

I really don't get why some people like pressuring others to do the same thing as them, next thing when you end up getting married to the wrong woman out of pressure, he won't be there to share the stress with you.

He should mind his marriage and let you do you, and marriage is not for everyone.
Are.you alright at all undecided, even if his 40.

Guy you better listen to your bro, and look for a decent girl and get married, don't marry a girl, with body counts more than 3 maximum.
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by MufasaLion: 5:32pm On Dec 17, 2022
Dude, marriage is not a must. A man must focus more on money and achievements.

3 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 17, 2022
What if marriage is not for him?

Even if he gets married to the so called decent woman, as long as he'll be doing it out of pressure, the whole thing may end up in tears and the unfortunate part is that you won't be there to console him.
toujurs:
Are.you alright at all undecided, even if his 40.

Guy you better listen to your bro, and look for a decent girl and get married, don't marry a girl, with body counts more than 3 maximum.

1 Like

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by PerfectStranger(m): 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
That your brother that is rushing you to get married doesn’t love you. He doesn’t mean well for you.

4 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nonexisting1: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should I do?
The bolded is my problem here, not even the marriage. So he will sponsor your wedding, will he sponsor the marriage and your home as well? When you start having children, will he sponsor their feeding, school fees and other household expenses? I hate marriage but the part that he promised to sponsor you really got me pissed off. Tomorrow now when his wife doesn't support the idea, everybody will start calling her bad wife not realizing that she is only trying to protect her own home from going bankrupt because her husband is foolish enough to bring in an undeserved expenses into their home.

3 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by toujurs: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:

Even if he gets married to the so called decent woman, as long as he'll be doing it out of pressure, the whole thing may end up in tears and the unfortunate part is that you won't be there to console him.
Haba who gave you guys this horrible orientation, Marriage is for everyone. Most marriages that crash, there was no purpose, it was just a marriage of selfish interest.

You guys should stop being influenced by celebrity marriage.

Define your own marriage, and let it be built on love,respect and discipline.

Marriage is for everyone. And compulsory for everyone, God looked at adam, and said No you deserve eve. You guys should rest with all these your concoction adoption about marriage

3 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by MufasaLion: 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2022
toujurs:
Haba who give you guys this horrible orientation, Marriage is for everyone. Most marriages that crash, there was no purpose, it was just a marriage of selfish interest.

Marriage is for everyone. And compulsory for everyone, God looked at adam, and said No you deserve eve. You guys should rest with all these your concoction adoption about marriage

Bullshit!

MARRIAGE IS NOT A MUST! Go and preach marriage to your church members.

2 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by nicerod(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2022
grin grin

If u don't have any tangible source of income run away from marriage.

U will regret it bro

4 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by MufasaLion: 5:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:

Stop having a discourse with that guy. Not everyone is logical.

2 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone, the same way as religion.

You're reasoning based on your own religious belief and you shouldn't expect others to have the same ideology as yours.

If you want to preach, go to church or to the religious section.
toujurs:
Haba who give you guys this horrible orientation, Marriage is for everyone. Most marriages that crash, there was no purpose, it was just a marriage of selfish interest.

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Kaymicheal852: 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should I do?

Wait a little ,your elder bro will soon be coming to you to complain about one thing or the other about marital life ,at 30 you can try anyway
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Savedday: 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2022
By the time ur brother go see pepper for that girl hand, him brain go format. Infact in 2years time you will be shocked how she has mess your brother's life up.

9ja girls never love and they will never love.

Infact, they are as useless as used tissue paper. All of them

4 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by toujurs: 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
Marriage is not for everyone, the same way as religion.

You're reasoning based on your own religious belief and you shouldn't expect others to have the same ideology as yours.

If you want to preach, go to church or to the religious section.
Marriage isn't but fucking is right?
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by nerex7: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should I do?
sworn lol goodluck
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
You were just talking about God, Adam and Eve, but now you're swearing.. is that Godly according to you? A so called Christian that uses swear words?
toujurs:
Marriage isn't but fucking is right?

1 Like

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by toujurs: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:
You were just talking about God, Adam and Eve, but now you're swearing.. is that Godly according to you? A so called Christian that uses swear words?
When i say fucking, i mean sex, it's not a swear word.

If marriage isn't compulsory, Is having sex same, like copulation . It's a question.
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Sirseedorf(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2022
Following like tail...

I'm on the same boat with Op, the different is that, I don't have a big brother.

Though I believe when one is not financially independent, he shouldn't think of bringing woman to the house.
I pray everything work well, so that by this time next year, I will be financially independent and settle down peacefully and happily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by anthonyuncle(m): 6:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
don't let the pressure get to you

2 Likes

Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by benqo01(m): 6:26pm On Dec 17, 2022
Samantha123:

See let me tell you something Weda he marries late or early as u said doesnt guarantee having a solid marriage see it by the grace of God na oluwa dey run am

How do u even know the right woman? No Woman is the right woman na till u wife Dem na dah one b d koko

The way the OP is saying is making it look as if he his being forced,it's a normal discussion the OP is looking out on how he will be missing hitting different kpekus na dey him wahala dey now.
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2022
You should have just said sex.

Sex is a natural thing for all adults.
toujurs:
When i say fucking, i mean sex, it's not a swear word.

If marriage isn't compulsory, Is having sex same, like copulation . It's a question.
Re: The Pressure To Get Married As A Guy At 30 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2022
JackDaAlienz:

What should I do?
So all these things Guys have been hammering on Nairaland never sink abiiii
To get a Good and respectful Lady now, you need streetlight to search for them in the broad daylight. Better be careful so you don't exhaust the little money you have saved on the wicked one. Don't you want to make more money?

Invest that wedding money on something more rewarding and meaningful

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dont Mean To Start A Tribal War:But Is This True About Yoruba Guys ? / To All My Good Girls That Aint Turned Bad: Yet! / I Am In Love With Someone I Have Never Met. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.