Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,466 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions (8522 Views)

Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos) / OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Basics007: 4:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
UI authorities accept my condolences. I know how difficult it is to procure zoo animals. My alma mata OAU spent more than 10yrs to acquire a lion. Dont even know if hunger hasn't killed the poor thing yet.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
if water don carry the lion comot nko?
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by moremi2008(m): 5:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
All the books in Ibadan combined is not worth NGN 2 billion naira. This VC is a crook!
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by enomakos(m): 5:47pm On Aug 31, 2011
Basics007:

UI authorities accept my condolences. I know how difficult it is to procure zoo animals. My alma mata OAU spent more than 10yrs to acquire a lion. Dont even know if hunger hasn't killed the poor thing yet.

my friend do u just say hunger?
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Basics007: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
enomakos:

my friend do u just say hunger?

Yes. Any problem?
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by coolestboy(m): 6:59pm On Aug 31, 2011
How can we expect things 2 change 4 beta in naija wen a simple truth can,t be heard from d V.C of our so called premier uni.
He ought 2 have added one 0 as thier normal habit in order 2 make it 3billions 4 fish alone.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by MeandSum: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2011
Siga:

This fools are thinking about fishes when in Odo- Ona a family lost 7 people, my own grandmother's house was almost washed off, If anyone knows Odo-Ona well, u can go see, God will punish all you people, they opened up the Eleyele Damn overnight and people were washed off while sleeping, all those who are involved will witness all their families washed off too,  AMEN

While I sympathize with those families who lost their lives, can you please keep your freaking God out of this? This is exactly why you should be looking for another "god" to hang on to because he didn't stop the flooding in the first place.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Earnshaw(m): 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2011
Na mega lie! Apart from the zoo, u.i did not experience much damages. ui.edu.ng doesnt have anything to say about it. U.I drainage system is so well done that the rain didn't enter the hostels except for tedder hall. Awo hall is on a hill so it was the least affected. I attended a dinner that friday night sef.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by vislabraye(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
They didnt mention the zoo animals that were lost. Was it lion, tiger anthelope or elephants. I know some of these ancients schools (ABU, UI ZIk and IFe ) were built well and therefore have good drainage systems. Well I hope some thing could be done. UN could have helped, but we all know what happened.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by moremi2008(m): 10:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
Earnshaw:

Na mega lie! Apart from the zoo, u.i did not experience much damages. ui.edu.ng doesnt have anything to say about it. U.I drainage system is so well done that the rain didn't enter the hostels except for tedder hall. Awo hall is on a hill so it was the least affected. I attended a dinner that friday night sef.

What's your matric number so I can forward it for immediate revocation! You want to spoil our VC's dream of buying a new house in Dubai and sending his children to Princeton? Abi?!!!! Why do Nigerians like to spoil another man's blessings? Chei! grin
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by mrofficial(m): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
I forgot to add that, na God catch dem. Dem collect money for PUTME money from all of us only to come tell us say them go shortlist people wey go write the examination. Twats!
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Josh316(m): 12:48am On Sep 01, 2011
d VC is even lenient in estimating d amount of d fishes nd books 2 b dat small, wat of my skul lyk [size=8pt]absu[/size], wat wuld u xpect**almost 1trillion naira worth fishesgrin

Come take your time and stop embarrassing my alma mater! mscheeewwww
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Nymphnode(m): 2:38am On Sep 01, 2011
There is a possibility that these books could be worth that much only if they are the original manuscript of the book Thief Of Bagdad, a couple of Samuel Ajayi Crowthers diaries and Mungo Park's love letters marked' Returned to sender' grin grin
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by prospee(m): 4:55am On Sep 01, 2011
the event that caused the loss of lives and property was just a fact of long time neglect and a lack of adequate planning in nigeria.now,we mourn for the loss of lives and property simply because the memory is still fresh,but we failed to put to practice the lessons drawn.my father in law lives in apete,and when he recounted the loss,it was in-estimable.he said the bridge that collapsed was built in 1962.if we have a government that is sensitive to the environment,that bridge ought to have been reconstructed to meet with the present day demand.the onitsha river niger bridge is yet another time bomb waiting to explode.when it finally happens,it will be a case of $300thrillion as against #300million in u.i
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by gmmuktar: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2011
its really serious
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Gbenge77(m): 11:05am On Sep 01, 2011
Today,Nigerian politicians and head of institutions talk in Millions and billions.In fact,they rarely talk in millions again.Theres just so much to loot.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by sammirano: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2011
afam4eva:

Even NNPC will not call that kind of amount not to talk of UI. How much is UI worth, if just some fishes in the fish farm dissappeared? 10 Billion dollars. Except maybe the major thing they're into is fish farming.

guy, I feel you die, let them tell how much they worth.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Oduleke: 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2011
@siga
ELEYELE RIVER WAS OPENED@DT NYT

so eleyele river flows all around ibadan, even to ur rum
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by Earnshaw(m): 1:04am On Sep 02, 2011
moremi2008:

What's your matric number so I can forward it for immediate revocation! You want to spoil our VC's dream of buying a new house in Dubai and sending his children to Princeton? Abi?!!!! Why do Nigerians like to spoil another man's blessings? Chei! grin
matric no. 00100 LOL
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by ikechukz(m): 11:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
D vc is happy not because no one died in the flood but because he can smell lots of money coming.unless may be the school get whale farm.
Re: Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions by afebken: 5:06am On Jul 12, 2012
Ooggaa miii,hw com,A ti gbo eleyi si ba yi. Kai! U wan turn street beggar cz of flood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Agip Oil Company (naoc)scholarship Exam 2015 / Details On Fed. Univ. Of Petroleum Resources (fupre) / Pls What Is The Cut Off Mark For Medical Laboratory In Uniport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.