Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua (14670 Views)

Help Us Beg Atiku To Allow Southern Presidency In 2023, Afegbua Tells Nigerians / 2023: Afegbua Dumps Atiku, Roots For Southern Presidential Candidate / Alpha Beta: Apara Is Attacking Tinubu To Divert Attention From His Crimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Demurray: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2022
This man is absolutely right, you have no moral right to castigate a sinner except you are a saint. There is no sin bigger than others in the face of the most high God
A person who managed to steal as a mere aid to ex- president, imaging what he would steal if he is opportune to be in the position of president to

1 Like

Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by dominic17: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2022
What could be more important than a platform that provide a wider reach for a candidate campaigning for an office? Mind you he also refused to attend ICAN conference, NBA conference etc. Obviously, Tinubu has nothing to offer that is why he is running away and no sane person with good intentions will support his ambition.
Mrmb:

He had a more important schedule to keep up.....
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:16am On Dec 20, 2022
bennybuhari:
When did Abati attack Oseni? Abi na u dey unstable
Not Abati, Afegbua or whatever he call himself
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Lanrefront90: 10:20am On Dec 20, 2022
I found it funny when people say tinubu is running from interview, his the most hardworking candidate among the three because his refusing to grant arise tv interview does not mean his running away from interview. Secondly accusing him of drug deals if you have evidence take him to court .

1 Like

Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Kulas: 10:43am On Dec 20, 2022
...and you defending Tinubu so as to be given appointment.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by AK481(m): 10:57am On Dec 20, 2022
Why are they not calling rufai name ?

The name they claim to hate so much ?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Mccullum: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2022
The author give Abati his standard, very unprofessional of him, he's full of being bias.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Belleful: 11:05am On Dec 20, 2022
KingOfBoyz1:
Why should Tinubu hide from interviews self. Abi e get another thing wey them wan ask am wey pass bala bulu

The one he grant BBC news na wetin?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Thank God with this Kassim Afegbua write up he agreed that Tinubu is a thief, is a drug baron and is everything that Abati accused him of since Abati is also a thief, worked with drug baron as a deputy governor aspirant.
He claimed that since Abati is one he has no right to accuse another one.
Afegbua has now bail the cat from the bag, the ball is now in our court, if to elect a known drug baron or a thief as a president of the most populous country in Africa.
I say my own, may the nation not fall into the ditch.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by emkz: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2022
I criticize Reuben Abati and Arise TV, but I think the criticism by Kassim Afegbua comes in bad taste.

Afegbua is a journalist, and common sense should tell him that he should not go into a diatribe like this.

Two veterans in the APC campaign already took Obaigbena and Abati to the cleaners, and I do not understand why Afegbua is rehashing the sad narrative. Afegbua should exercise restraint, because he is also guilty of what he is accusing Abati of. Is Afegbua telling us he doesn't want to be noticed with this thing he wrote and be rewarded with appointment too?

I am not a supporter of Arise style of journalism, but let Afegbua respect Abati's hustle.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Belleful:

The one he grant BBC news na wetin?
So Tinubu should be the one organizing interview for himself? This country will never move forward with this your mentality.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Lanrefront90:
I found it funny when people say tinubu is running from interview, his the most hardworking candidate among the three because his refusing to grant arise tv interview does not mean his running away from interview. Secondly accusing him of drug deals if you have evidence take him to court .
Was it only ariseTV interview he declined? You people will not say the truth but if it were other candidates, you guys will be flexing muscles.
What of NTA and ChannelsTV. What of Kadaria presidential Townhall Meeting he declined? What of ICAN invitation he declined? What of NBA invitation he declined? He only want to be the judge on his own case. You guys should continue, whatever you sow you must reap.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Osupig: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Only a very wicked thief will support Tinubu for president
I dare you to travel to village this Christmas, Osu �
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 11:37am On Dec 20, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You missed the whole point. And yet you people are always quick to call others dumb when you are actually the dumb one.

The point is not that Tinubu did not attend the Arise TV Town hall meetings or interviews, but that Abati is criticizing Tinubu as if Tinubu committed a terrible offense.

Despite all his gallivanting from one interview to another, Obi did not release a manifesto until after Tinubu had released his.

We prioritize nonsense in this country. Abati should rather be evaluating Tinubu's manifesto, rather than making it seem like attending presidential debates is mandatory.

Mr. Man, you're the most dullest person I have ever seen commenting on this platform. Can a manifesto fulfil itself? If Tinubu that prepare a manifesto cannot be bold enough to come out and defend his manifesto by answering critical questions about what he put on black and white, then there is a problem somewhere.
This is the same issue we had with Buhari and APC, when they said they never promise so many things their supporters were saying during campaigns because nobody scrutinize their manifesto by subjecting them to defend it and telling the nation how they we implement what they put out to the public.
Please you people should be using common sense and don't pretend to bury the one God gave you.
Manifesto don't fulfil itself, the owner of the manifesto fulfil it and also reserve the right to explain how he will fulfill them to the people that he wants to govern.
NTA called him for interview, he declined.
ChannelTV called him for interview, he declined.
Kadaria called him for Townhall Meeting, he declined.
NBA called him for interaction, he declined.
ICAN called him for interaction, he declined.
AriseTV called him for debate and Townhall Meeting, he turned it to fight.
Does that make any sense to you with the above as a patriotic citizen of Nigeria?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Funflipper: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2022
We know Abatti and FFK are birds of the same feather who play on the short memory of Nigerians.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by berrystunn(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu is running away from interview because of his corrupt way of doing things

Thief no dey like too much question

grin grin grin thief no day like too much questions , how did you know? grin shocked grin
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, you're the most dullest person I have ever seen commenting on this platform. Can a manifesto fulfil itself? If Tinubu that prepare a manifesto cannot be bold enough to come out and defend his manifesto by answering critical questions about what he put in black and white, then there is a problem somewhere.
This is the same issue we had with Buhari and APC, when they said they never promise so many things their supporters were saying during campaigns because nobody scrutinize their manifesto by subjecting them to defend it and telling the nation how they we implement what they put out to the public.
Please you people should be using common sense and don't pretend to bury the one God gave you.
Manifesto don't fulfil itself, the owner of the manifesto fulfil it and also reserve the right to explain how he will fulfill them to the people that he wants to govern.
NTA called him for interview, he declined.
ChannelTV called him for interview, he declined.
Kadaria called him for Townhall Meeting, he declined.
NBA called him for interaction, he declined.
ICAN called him for interaction, he declined.
AriseTV called him for debate and Townhall Meeting, he turned it to fight.
Does that make any sense to you with the above as a patriotic citizen of Nigeria?

Another stupid cretin from the Obidunce camp.

My point is that Tinubu has done what anyone with a sense expects from a presidential candidate. Release a manifesto.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
dominic17:
The press are duty bound to hold public or intending public office holders accountable. If Tinubu is refusing to present himself to be interrogatted on how he plan to govern if he wins, it is the duty of the press to call him out.so why attacking arise TV for doing her job when what he should have done if he feels arise is bias is simply to go to other channels and debate his ideas.If he can behave this way during campaign what do you think he will do if he wins? This is simply a dictator in making if we allow him to have his way.

Where in the ethics of journalism or mass media is it written that the press is duty bound to interrogate presidential candidates?

Moreover being duty-bound doesn't mean you should criticize a politician for turning down an interview.

The major thing is that he has a manifesto. Go and peruse his manifesto.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Oddfinder12:

Infact attending presidential debates are compulsary and mandatory. Which mumu manifesto are u talking about. U mean i should read manifesto and ask the manifesto questions abi. Why una mumu like dis. So u want to hand over the most populous black country in the to a candidate that has only a paper? Will the manifesto answer our questions? Why is he running from the media. Una don madd finish

Show me where in the law you saw this.

Even in the United States, presidential debates are a tradition, not mandatory.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Tito24: 5:36pm On Dec 20, 2022
dominic17:
Why are these APC miscreants so dumb? NTA the candidate why didn't Tinubu attend it? Is NTA also owned by PDP card carrying member too?
what's your concern about Tinubu?
Is he the only one contesting

Abi na only him una dey fear?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Mrmb: 6:51pm On Dec 20, 2022
dominic17:
What could be more important than a platform that provide a wider reach for a candidate campaigning for an office? Mind you he also refused to attend ICAN conference, NBA conference etc. Obviously, Tinubu has nothing to offer that is why he is running away and no sane person with good intentions will support his ambition.

Instead of the ICAN meeting he went to the more Chatham house to address Nigerians in diaspora. Mind you he is holding rallies to address those he wants to serve. He knows those contesting against him are below his level that's why he left them to argue with themselves. It's an insult for a man of Tinubu's caliber to sit around the same table with Obi and be mincing words with him... He knows his worth and he placed himself in a level higher than theirs, he has given conditions to debate them, let them meet those criterias first and see if he would debate or not
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by dominic17: 8:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
Please stop insulting our intelligence. Is Tinubu being interrogatted at the rally ground? He knows he has nothing to offer that is why he is running away from being interrogatted. Obviously speaking for the reasonable Nigerians Tinubu is the least qualify candidate in all areas. He is no match to Obi or Atiku.If he dare me he should come and face others in a debate let the electorates judge them.
Mrmb:

Instead of the ICAN meeting he went to the more Chatham house to address Nigerians in diaspora. Mind you he is holding rallies to address those he wants to serve. He knows those contesting against him are below his level that's why he left them to argue with themselves. It's an insult for a man of Tinubu's caliber to sit around the same table with Obi and be mincing words with him... He knows his worth and he placed himself in a level higher than theirs, he has given conditions to debate them, let them meet those criterias first and see if he would debate or not
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by dominic17: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2022
My concern is I am a Nigerian and live in Nigeria If we make mistake to a disaster it will affect me and my generation. Yes he is not the only one contesting but he is the only one that's running away from debating his ideas.
Tito24:
what's your concern about Tinubu?
Is he the only one contesting

Abi na only him una dey fear?
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by dominic17: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Manifesto is not the major thing, the major thing is being able to defend the programs in your manifesto which is why we are calling Tinubu to come and debate his programs in his manifesto like other candidates. Are telling me that the major thing in job hurt is to have a CV without going for interviews? Buhari in the same APC that has a manifesto how far? Please let us be objective when we are discussing issues that affects our country, the effects of bad leadership does not know tribe or religion.
BluntTheApostle:

Where in the ethics of journalism or mass media is it written that the press is duty bound to interrogate presidential candidates?

Moreover being duty-bound doesn't mean you should criticize a politician for turning down an interview.

Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2022
dominic17:
Manifesto is not the major thing, the major thing is being able to defend the programs in your manifesto which is why we are calling Tinubu to come and debate his programs in his manifesto like other candidates. Are telling me that the major thing in job hurt is to have a CV without going for interviews? Buhari in the same APC that has a manifesto how far? Please let us be objective when we are discussing issues that affects our country, the effects of bad leadership does not know tribe or religion.

You people should stop this nonsense.

Job interview is not the same as presidential debates.

In fact, in the United States, presidential debates are targeted at those who are undecided.

The others already know who they would vote for, presidential debate or not.

The major thing is the manifesto. You can think of it as a proposal.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by Tito24: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2022
dominic17:
My concern is I am a Nigerian and live in Nigeria If we make mistake to a disaster it will affect me and my generation. Yes he is not the only one contesting but he is the only one that's running away from debating his ideas.
the rest of us are UARS abi
If you have confidence in your candidate
Why worry about Tinubu?

The guy gives Obidients sleepless night

Cos he's the one to beat
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 12:51am On Dec 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Another stupid cretin from the Obidunce camp.

My point is that Tinubu has done what anyone with a sense expects from a presidential candidate. Release a manifesto.
All your insult doesn't change the truth. You can abuse from now till kingdom come. Someone like us have developed thick skin.
If you have that sense you will know that manifesto is a product of presidential idea. Meaning it wasn't a constitutional provision for any presidential candidate to produce one, you can only be taken by your words as a candidate because everyone shall be snare to their words.
Have you seen any one challenging any president for not following their manifesto to detail, no, because it's a product of individual idea and not what constitution demands.
So, releasing a manifesto is only his personal conviction and not a commitment to the people he wants to govern because the constitution doesn't demand for manifesto but his person to uphold the tenet of the constitution.
Tell him to stop running away from his shadows because he can only run but can hide.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 12:59am On Dec 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

You people should stop this nonsense.

Job interview is not the same as presidential debates.

In fact, in the United States, presidential debates are targeted at those who are undecided.

The others already know who they would vote for, presidential debate or not.

The major thing is the manifesto. You can think of it as a proposal.

In a developed society or democracy junks of the voters are undecided until they began to here from their Presidential candidates during debates and interview. It's only in a developing country that even before a candidate is emerge in a primary, many people had made their decision who to vote for and that is why we are not getting it right as a country, because whether the person they wish to choose is good or not is never their concern, their concern is for their candidate to emerge victorious.
Are you aware that a manifesto is not a constitutional provision but a product of presidential initiative and no one take any president accountable for not fulfilling his manifesto to the letter.
If a presidential candidate cannot engage in debate and interview, then, there is a fire on the mountain and a red flag that must be notice because debate and interview of presidential candidate is a routine ritual all over the world.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 1:05am On Dec 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

Show me where in the law you saw this.

Even in the United States, presidential debates are a tradition, not mandatory.
If it is a tradition, have you seen any presidential candidate that ran away from debates since you were born knowledgeable in America? They don't even joke with it, you see Americans well prepare for the day the debate will come up but the reverse is the case in Nigeria and some of you give life to those running away from the same debate you know it is a tradition in America bearing in mind, we copied everything about them.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by IfnobeGod20: 1:12am On Dec 21, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

It is the duty of the press or media to hold accountable anyone not only those in authority section 22 of the constitution say so.
Chapter 2 Section 22 compels “the press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media to, at all time, be free to uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.
Before you reply me, think of who is the government. Until you know who is a government before you know what we are talking about.
Re: Abati A Failure, Attacking Tinubu So As To Get Appointment In 2023 - Afegbua by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2022
IfnobeGod20:
It is the duty of the press or media to hold accountable anyone not only those in authority section 22 of the constitution say so.
Chapter 2 Section 22 compels “the press, radio, television and other agencies of the mass media to, at all time, be free to uphold the responsibility and accountability of the government to the people.
Before you reply me, think of who is the government. Until you know who is a government before you know what we are talking about.

Read the section again.

It talks about freedom of the press, not the duty of the press.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Swiss Govt Holds Talks With Nigeria On Repatriation Of Fresh $321m Abacha Loot / Sen. Akpabio Casts His Vote In Akwa - Ibom (photos) / Inauguration Of New Members Of Oyo State House Of Assembly In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.