Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Symptoms Of Spiritual Dehydration - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Symptoms Of Spiritual Dehydration (252 Views)

Please I Am Seriously In Need Of Spiritual Assistance / Easter: A Supposed Time Of Spiritual Revival / Could This Be A Spiritual Attack Or A Medical Condition? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Symptoms Of Spiritual Dehydration by topshore(f): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2022
Scripture Text: John 4:1-10

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty; and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thy offspring".- Isaiah 44: 3.

Dehydration is insufficient water in the body which could be mild or very serious, depending on the level of water one has in his or her body. In the same vein, spiritual hydration is the insufficiency of the Word of God and the presence of the Holy Spirit in a believe's life. You need to know that spiritual dehydration is not something you handle nonchalantly. It is a critical condition that needs concerted attention.

Let's look at the symptoms of spiritual dehydration which conditions are critical:

1. Spiritual Fever: These are people who have allowed the mosquitoes of sin and evil habits to bite them. Many Christians are suffering from this fever today because of their constant exposure to the mosquitoes of sin and iniquity. Remember that fever has killed and still killing several people.

2. Spiritual Diarrhoea: These are symptoms connected to verbal indiscipline. A lot of people have brought different kinds of problems upon themselves because of the wrong use of their tongues. Diarrhoea in the physical makes one lose fluid. Spiritual diarrhea also causes dehydration because many are given to too much talking which drains them grace and unction of the Holy Spirit.

3. Spiritual Vomiting: This happens when you have fed yourself with the wrong spiritual diet through watching of obscene movies, listening to polluted music or feasting on social media garbage. When you engage in any of these you throw up spiritually and get sapped.

4. Spiritual Thirst: This is when a person begins to crave and lust after those things Lord forbids us from engaging in. Many believers today have spiritual thirst for worldliness and sensual pleasure that drain them of the Word of God and make the Holy Spirit depart from them.

5. Spiritual Headache: This is another symptom. Figuratively, headache speaks of trouble and stress of any form. A Christian suffering from spiritual dehydration will have a lot of headache to contend with from this world, satan and the old man. He may move from trouble to trouble, from time to time and continuous spiritual headache.

6. Spiritual Dry-skin: This is a symptom of spiritual dehydration that talks of fading life. Spiritual dry-skin will take the shine out of one's life.

7. Spiritual Muscle cramp: This symptom of spiritual dehydration affects mobility. The progress and advancement both in physical and in the spiritual will be hampered.

8. Spiritual dry-tongue and dry-mouth: Anyone suffering from spiritual dehydration will not be able to function as the Oracle of God. Spiritually, the mouth will be so dry that he or she won't be able to praise and worship the Almighty God. He or she won't be able to pray and intercede and won't be able to evangelize for Christ.

What are the solutions to the symptoms?

1. Give your life to Christ now!
2. Confess your sins and desist from all forms of sins and iniquities.
3. Study the Word of God, ask and allow the Holy Spirit to fill you. The Word of God in your life and the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit in you, just like natural water in the body, will help regulate and maintain your spiritual temperature and functions. The Word of God cleanses the heart, the imagination and the thought pattern of a believer who daily drinks from the Fountain of the Word of life. As you take in this spiritual water everyday, your spirit-man is well lubricated to avoid internal pressure and friction which could damage your spiritual life.

Are you suffering from spiritual dehydration? Come to Jesus now and let Him give freely of the fountain of life.

Say: "Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil. I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Living water of God, overwhelm my life. [b][/b]Thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen"!

God bless you.

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.K Olukoya, Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol. 7.
Re: Symptoms Of Spiritual Dehydration by topshore(f): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
topshore:
Scripture Text: John 4:1-10

"For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty; and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thy offspring".- Isaiah 44: 3.

Dehydration is insufficient water in the body which could be mild or very serious, depending on the level of water one has in his or her body. In the same vein, spiritual hydration is the insufficiency of the Word of God and the presence of the Holy Spirit in a believe's life. You need to know that spiritual dehydration is not something you handle nonchalantly. It is a critical condition that needs concerted attention.

Let's look at the symptoms of spiritual dehydration which conditions are critical:

1. Spiritual Fever: These are people who have allowed the mosquitoes of sin and evil habits to bite them. Many Christians are suffering from this fever today because of their constant exposure to the mosquitoes of sin and iniquity. Remember that fever has killed and still killing several people.

2. Spiritual Diarrhoea: These are symptoms connected to verbal indiscipline. A lot of people have brought different kinds of problems upon themselves because of the wrong use of their tongues. Diarrhoea in the physical makes one lose fluid. Spiritual diarrhea also causes dehydration because many are given to too much talking which drains them grace and unction of the Holy Spirit.

3. Spiritual Vomiting: This happens when you have fed yourself with the wrong spiritual diet through watching of obscene movies, listening to polluted music or feasting on social media garbage. When you engage in any of these you throw up spiritually and get sapped.

4. Spiritual Thirst: This is when a person begins to crave and lust after those things Lord forbids us from engaging in. Many believers today have spiritual thirst for worldliness and sensual pleasure that drain them of the Word of God and make the Holy Spirit depart from them.

5. Spiritual Headache: This is another symptom. Figuratively, headache speaks of trouble and stress of any form. A Christian suffering from spiritual dehydration will have a lot of headache to contend with from this world, satan and the old man. He may move from trouble to trouble, from time to time and continuous spiritual headache.

6. Spiritual Dry-skin: This is a symptom of spiritual dehydration that talks of fading life. Spiritual dry-skin will take the shine out of one's life.

7. Spiritual Muscle cramp: This symptom of spiritual dehydration affects mobility. The progress and advancement both in physical and in the spiritual will be hampered.

8. Spiritual dry-tongue and dry-mouth: Anyone suffering from spiritual dehydration will not be able to function as the Oracle of God. Spiritually, the mouth will be so dry that he or she won't be able to praise and worship the Almighty God. He or she won't be able to pray and intercede and won't be able to evangelize for Christ.

What are the solutions to the symptoms?

1. Give your life to Christ now!
2. Confess your sins and desist from all forms of sins and iniquities.
3. Study the Word of God, ask and allow the Holy Spirit to fill you. The Word of God in your life and the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit in you, just like natural water in the body, will help regulate and maintain your spiritual temperature and functions. The Word of God cleanses the heart, the imagination and the thought pattern of a believer who daily drinks from the Fountain of the Word of life. As you take in this spiritual water everyday, your spirit-man is well lubricated to avoid internal pressure and friction which could damage your spiritual life.

Are you suffering from spiritual dehydration? Come to Jesus now and let Him give freely of the fountain of life.

Say: "Lord Jesus, I come to You now, come into my life, take control of my life, and change my world. I say bye-bye to the devil. I enter into the Kingdom of Light. Living water of God, overwhelm my life. Thank You Jesus, in Jesus name I pray, amen"!

God bless you.

Congratulations!!!

Peace!

Ref: Dr. D.K Olukoya, Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol. 7.

(1) (Reply)

Take A Step / Biblical Site Where Jesus Healed A Blind Man Will Be Opened To The Public / When It Is Not Working This Is What Is Behind It || Apostle Joshua Selman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.