Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,133 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices (42223 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 2:11am On Dec 21, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by gaby(m): 2:55am On Dec 21, 2022
See her mouth like okoso

Who play okoso as kinder here that year?

228 Likes 9 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by chatinent: 3:58am On Dec 21, 2022
Whatever the UK wants to do is their business. If home wasn't shit, would another shit country shit us?
Even the UK that is the main reason Nigeria is in the mess is avoiding and underrating the mess of a country.

175 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Mindlog: 5:20am On Dec 21, 2022
Which ban? Low self-esteem!

What of Indians whey no send anybody when it comes to their meals, dem go microwave am at work and everyone gets used to it.

160 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Oloki: 6:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Silly girl. Were you not eating the same food when you were here?

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 6:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Mindlog:
Which ban? Low self-esteem!

What of Indians whey no send anybody when it comes to their meals, dem go microwave am at work and everyone gets used to it.

grin grin..
This one don talk about food oo.

See how she's just going on disrespectfully with our food.

7 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 6:44am On Dec 21, 2022
Oloki:
Silly gir. Were you not eating the same food when you were here?

Help me ask her o. The food wey make her grow big come reach like this is now smelly and rotten. Hm.

Make no even try go near Nigerian food because it may her do her strong thng.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2022
She ain't lying. Same with INDIAN FOOD! cheesy
The reason I carry a food flask. Keeps my food warm.
Sometimes, I want to eat dry fish stew with my rice. How can you warm such a pungent concoction in a closed public space with a clear conscience? undecided

The school teachers have the same problems too and had to BAN ALL ETHNIC FOODS in classrooms in one of the schools over here.
I DON'T BLAME THEM.

The saddest part is that the funky smell takes FOREVER to dissipate.

Please, respect the health of others. . . . . go to a public cafeteria, warm my food and go eat in YOUR car.

We should learn to be considerate.

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 9:47am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
She ain't lying. Same with INDIAN FOOD! cheesy
The reason I carry a food flask. Keeps my food warm.
Sometimes, I want to eat dry fish stew with my rice. How can you warm such a pungent concoction in a closed public space with a clear conscience? undecided

The school teachers have the same problems too and had to BAN ALL ETHNIC FOODS in classrooms in one of the schools over here.
I DON'T BLAME THEM.

The saddest part is that the funky smell takes FOREVER to dissipate.

Please, respect the health of others. . . . . go to a public cafeteria, warm my food and go eat in YOUR car.

We should learn to be considerate.

Hahahaha... All the iru Pete and ogiri combination will change the atmosphere.

White people go say who poo for floor. grin. But those are the things that make our food delicious na grin

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 9:52am On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

Hahahaha... All the iru Pete and ogiri combination will change the atmosphere.

White people go say who poo for floor. grin. But those are the things that make our food delicious na grin

Absolutely delicious. cool I dey carry my own go work well well. I tell them I have to take an 'extended break' to go eat privately because I don't want to offend their 'senses'. They will petition YOU made them sick. My 30 minute break is extended to 45 minutes WITH PAY! cheesy

Just avoid wahala. One complaint ok. Once 3 or more complain. . . . .you don buy cemetery be dat o. cheesy

But, you can kill someone not familiar with the exotic aroma. To make matters worse, they can conspire against you and get you FIRED for bringing toxic fumes to the work place. Some will even refuse to come to work and claim 'disability' because of your food! grin

129 Likes 14 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely delicious. cool I dey carry my own go work well well. I tell them I have to take an 'extended break' to go eat privately because I don't want to offend their 'senses'. My 30 minute break is extended to 45 minutes WITH PAY! cheesy

Just avoid wahala.

But, you can kill someone not familiar with the exotic aroma. To make matters worse, they can conspire against you and get you FIRED for bringing toxic fumes to the work place. Some will even refuse to come to work and claim 'disability' because of your food! grin

LoL.. this white people are funny grin. You too are funny bro. grin disability Kwa? Hahahahaha..

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 9:58am On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

LoL.. this white people are funny grin. You too are funny bro. grin disability Kwa? Hahahahaha..

Yes o. Dem go take sick leave. . . .as in "Okporoko-induced SICK LEAVE"! cheesy

I avoid that at all cost. No be joke o.

ANYTHING FISH? shocked Dem don die. . . .not to talk of OKPOROKO AND OGIRI? grin

Even FRIED PLANTAINS. . . . Heeeeeeeeeeeey?

I simply use the situation to my advantage.

I just tell my supervisor. . . ."You know I have to eat my funny food, FLOSS AND BRUSH MY TEETH. . . .I will be back in 45 minutes". . . .Shikena! grin

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by DivinegiftofGod: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o. Dem go take sick leave. . . .as in "Okporoko-induced SICK LEAVE"! cheesy

I avoid that at all cost. No be joke o.

ANYTHING FISH? shocked Dem don die. . . .not to talk of OKPOROKO AND OGIRI? grin

Even FRIED PLANTAINS. . . . Heeeeeeeeeeeey?

I simply use the situation to my advantage.

I just tell my supervisor. . . ."You know I have to eat my funny food, FLOSS AND BRUSH MY TEETH. . . .I will be back in 45 minutes". . . .Shikena! grin

LoL... grin. I understand bro. It's not their fault. They are not use to those local seasonings.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2022
It's common courtesy not to bring strong smelling foods into shared spaces but this one just has an inferiority complex

It's one thing to acknowledge that some foods have strong smells, especially to people who aren't familiar with it and another thing to attribute it to being dirty and lower class like she's doing.

There are Nigerian dishes that have a neutral smell that people can bring into the office alternatively so it isn't necessarily a 'Nigerian food' thing

British 'office' foods that 'stink' as well:

- Vinegar with their chips
- Cheese and onion crisps
- Greasy bacon
- Microwaved scotch eggs
- Marmite

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Richy4(m): 11:11am On Dec 21, 2022
Social climber smiley
That's one of their best qualities trash-talk others and values some hold with high esteem Just to feel well accepted..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Slawomirr: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Uk dey craze

3 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Ballzproblem2: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
c

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by money121(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ExAngel007(f): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin

This one wey just manage enter UK is saying all this?

9 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by SultanOfPuna: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Imagine opening FUFU in a public UK office with Olugbu Soup and keg of palm wine.

If Oyingbo smell that kind combination
Dem go deport you to Nigeria

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Oluwapresley(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Have they smelled Indians own? Lmaoooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by bigdammyj: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
She hasn't seen Chinese food.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Great idea from a fool.
DivinegiftofGod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.

Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Uk dey craze
No Nigerians in UK are Crazy.

Cos she see loan collect Run from here, no be same food she chow before she comot?
Na them jus make this traveling non-meaningful.

INTERNATIONAL BEGGER

9 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Eleribu somebody, she's just hating,shey na that rubbish wey oyinbo dey cook be food?

9 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by oluwaseyi0: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
Indian foods are worse, curry and thyme smell very loud

That's why there should be kitchenette in the office

Warm and eat your food in the designated place

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ifytrik(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
What ever UK government want to do to Nigeria delicacy in uk they are free to do it, it's their country and they have the right to ban anything they want, if e pain una then come back and fix your country and stop living like a slave in another mans country. As for me I just finished enjoying my akpu and egusi soup and must confess that it taste better than those shit people consume in the uk

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by id4sho(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
sad
No hard feeling e.g stockfish: after removing the cod oil then ice wind is used to dry it up. Rotten dried meal abi na locust beans: iru iru, dawa dawa. Ayama, I eat them but that the honest truth

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
wink We are tired of reports from this useless country called England, if not for foolish leaders United kingdom will be a visa free for Nigerians with interest, people who smells like puke and look like alien creatures have the gut to insult Nigerian food with their albino mouth and this lady is ranting without smacking the hell outta their dirty asses.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sqlPAIN: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Africans and the entire black race in general, were created in Satan's image...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Chaii!! If dem kon smell naija girls pussy nko??

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Romantic Easter Cooking For My Girlfriend And I, best Chef On Nl (pic) / Please Help How Can I Kill This Animal? / See This BIG Crab Am About To Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.