Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. (20741 Views)

Nigerians Are Stranded In Without Travel Passports / Please What Are The Travel Options That A Law Graduate Have? / Ibom Air Studies International Route Options With Ibom Air Bombardier CRJ900 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
yusufu16:

I agree with you. I see a lot of rich men in my area but they have never travelled outside of the country, even to go to Ghana.

The same with many rich Americans

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by ibawon(m): 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
I know I can never Jakpa rather than go on vacations then return.

6 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by CSTRR: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
That's the problem with Africans, especially Nigerians, most of us are very selfish and only care about our interests over others. Nigerians in particular, have a get-rich mentality. Money must be made by any means necessary even at the detriment to the community. As you have rightly said, Saudi's despite their wealth often end up in foreign hospitals for medicare. What's the point having all that money but everything around you is not working?
I don't think the problem with saudi is poor hospitals.

They have stunning hospitals. They just don't have the experts.

That is why they have been packing doctors everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Allisgud: 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
All I can say is vote obi so u will proud of ur country anywhere
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by strongman07(m): 3:23pm On Dec 23, 2022
After saying all this negativity, you still telling us to travel... Well I'll travel occasionally when is important and not when I feel like... Peace
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
Have u check out our sure 2 odds predictions for today?

Guess what! One ticket on green already...

You can check the rest out here: https://crockvibes.com/predictions-today-friday-23-december-2022/
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Bfly: 3:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
And after then you find how having second passport is pointless.

Human desire is insatiable.

7 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by akpunda86: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
So many Nigerians, especially on blogs such as this, have this warped mindset that all you need is money. They will tell you that traveling abroad is a waste of time. So many "patriots" will tell you that getting a second passport is a waste of time and that you are still a second class citizen abroad. These "patriots" will tell you that the money and time you wasted in getting a second passport would have been used to set up "several businesses" in Nigeria. What's that saying "money is the koko!"

Yes, money is very important. However, money is not enough. If you are up to date with global news, you would know that Russian billionaires are being denied visas to many western countries for political reasons. These are guys with serious money. Look at Roman Abramovitch. Dude's visa was cancelled. This is a man who was once the richest man in the UK. Even richer than their own billionaires. We are talking about a man who has invested more than 2 billion pounds into the British economy. He's only saving grace is that he's entitled to Israeli citizenship courtesy of him being of jewish descent. Israeli citizens do not need visa to visit the UK for 3 months. Where am I going with this? If this could happen to white Russians, who are Nigerians?

If you want further reasons why having money alone is not enough, look no further than the richest black man in the planet (Aliko Dangote). Nigeria's richest man said it himself a few years ago that despite all his wealth and influence in Africa, he needs several visas to travel to multiple African countries. Yes, the man so many materialistic Nigerians use as a template for success has admitted that his vast wealth is not enough to enable him to travel to multiple countries at once. As long as he only has a Nigerian passport, he will have to apply for multiple visas at different embassies and go through so many hurdles.

Look at the situation with Nigerians in UAE (Dubai). They have stopped issuing visas to Nigerians due to the idiotic behaviour of our compatriots over there. This visa ban applies to everyone regardless of class. One could say that Dubai is not in your to do list. What about others who have business there? See the way the U.S. embassy is treating Nigerians.. They don't give a damn who you are. They are rejecting applications like it's going out of style. Even the visas issued to Nigerians is no more than 2 years. Think about it. You have to renew your B1/B2 visa every two years. That is a lot of money. Meanwhile, South Africans have a 10 year visa.Turkey has cancelled electronic visas (e-visa) for Nigerians. What used to be a simple procedure is no longer the case.

Young Nigerian, it's time to give yourselves sense. Don't listen to people discouraging you from giving yourselves options. With all the so called money they are making, what is their quality of life? Health care zero. Education zero. Infrastructure zero. A second passport gives you access to better health care, education, business opportunities and other benefits. Most of your elite have it. Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajamilla to name a few have second passports. They are not fools. A lot of those Nairaland diasporans have it and discourage people from getting it due to selfishness and hypocrisy.

I never logged in but after reading Ur post I have to.First of all you are kid and secondly u need a gud guidance.

Wish I can guide u,making an average turnover as a non politician if 30 million every year and u want one to travel out,bros you can go for vaccation but not travel out.What is it over there,Nigeria is a sweet country.My kid broda talking like you travelled to Sweden but came back for holidays,I linked him up to a contract which he used my company to do,his gain just for procurement is 7.2 million and having seen how it is done wants to do more.
Yes our health,power,road system is bad,but what will we do.Go on vacation and see how Ur respected over there cos u ain't gonna take shit from anybody.But as an asylum seeker is insult upon insult,bros Nigeria is bad but is sweet.
Funny thing. Is it dey sweet sum dey pain sum but overthere is also painful.
Enjoy Naija by travelling out doing biz but NVR be on salary.
Cheers

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Eniolohunda: 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
I can't agree more. My advice to the youth there is to get there purpose and make a legal traveling. That way they will enjoy their new country. I was listening to a lady yesterday narrating how she regret moving to Canada, I was like what was her reason for moving in the first place. Don't do it because others are doing it,
I remember back home then, both me and the hubby were working, yet giving back to the society was always hard. Moving my family to the United States is one of my best decisions and I will always be grateful for it.

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by shegzhkn: 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

The same with many rich Americans

I know where you coming from, sit this one out buddy.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by mployer(m): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Do you even need to travel?

I think traveling is outdated. You can do business with anybody in the world just from any location you are.

I have Chinese and Indian business partners for years and I have never been to any of these countries, I don't even have plans to go there.

I make my dough and there are fun places here I am enjoying it

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Smartguyboy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
So many Nigerians, especially on blogs such as this, have this warped mindset that all you need is money. They will tell you that traveling abroad is a waste of time. So many "patriots" will tell you that getting a second passport is a waste of time and that you are still a second class citizen abroad. These "patriots" will tell you that the money and time you wasted in getting a second passport would have been used to set up "several businesses" in Nigeria. What's that saying "money is the koko!"

Yes, money is very important. However, money is not enough. If you are up to date with global news, you would know that Russian billionaires are being denied visas to many western countries for political reasons. These are guys with serious money. Look at Roman Abramovitch. Dude's visa was cancelled. This is a man who was once the richest man in the UK. Even richer than their own billionaires. We are talking about a man who has invested more than 2 billion pounds into the British economy. He's only saving grace is that he's entitled to Israeli citizenship courtesy of him being of jewish descent. Israeli citizens do not need visa to visit the UK for 3 months. Where am I going with this? If this could happen to white Russians, who are Nigerians?

If you want further reasons why having money alone is not enough, look no further than the richest black man in the planet (Aliko Dangote). Nigeria's richest man said it himself a few years ago that despite all his wealth and influence in Africa, he needs several visas to travel to multiple African countries. Yes, the man so many materialistic Nigerians use as a template for success has admitted that his vast wealth is not enough to enable him to travel to multiple countries at once. As long as he only has a Nigerian passport, he will have to apply for multiple visas at different embassies and go through so many hurdles.

Look at the situation with Nigerians in UAE (Dubai). They have stopped issuing visas to Nigerians due to the idiotic behaviour of our compatriots over there. This visa ban applies to everyone regardless of class. One could say that Dubai is not in your to do list. What about others who have business there? See the way the U.S. embassy is treating Nigerians.. They don't give a damn who you are. They are rejecting applications like it's going out of style. Even the visas issued to Nigerians is no more than 2 years. Think about it. You have to renew your B1/B2 visa every two years. That is a lot of money. Meanwhile, South Africans have a 10 year visa.Turkey has cancelled electronic visas (e-visa) for Nigerians. What used to be a simple procedure is no longer the case.

Young Nigerian, it's time to give yourselves sense. Don't listen to people discouraging you from giving yourselves options. With all the so called money they are making, what is their quality of life? Health care zero. Education zero. Infrastructure zero. A second passport gives you access to better health care, education, business opportunities and other benefits. Most of your elite have it. Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajamilla to name a few have second passports. They are not fools. A lot of those Nairaland diasporans have it and discourage people from getting it due to selfishness and hypocrisy.
All the time better health care as if it’s free in abroad or education there is the best
People in USA still complain they can’t get good health care over there and for the schools if you did not go to one of the Ivy League bro you will still struggle over there . Every good things in life involved money you can still get a good health care here in Nigeria �� and quality education too.

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by shegzhkn: 3:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
akpunda86:

I never logged in but after reading Ur post I have to.First of all you are kid and secondly u need a gud guidance.

Wish I can guide u,making an average turnover as a non politician if 30 million every year and u want one to travel out,bros you can go for vaccation but not travel out.What is it over there,Nigeria is a sweet country.My kid broda talking like you travelled to Sweden but came back for holidays,I linked him up to a contract which he used my company to do,his gain just for procurement is 7.2 million and having seen how it is done wants to do more.
Yes our health,power,road system is bad,but what will we do.Go on vacation and see how Ur respected over there cos u ain't gonna take shit from anybody.But as an asylum seeker is insult upon insult,bros Nigeria is bad but is sweet.
Funny thing. Is it dey sweet sum dey pain sum but overthere is also painful.
Enjoy Naija by travelling out doing biz but NVR be on salary.
Cheers

Funny joke @ bolded.

With your so called wealth and power you are one medical emergency away from the morgue, did you know that ?

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by BJanta: 3:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Everybody has his interests,
preferences and passions in life.
Just because you like travelling
doesn't mean we should all
become wandering lunatics
against our own desires just to
satisfy you.

8 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by maasoap(m): 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
So Health care zero. Education zero. Infrastructure zero. A second passport gives you access to better health care, education, business opportunities and other benefits. Most of your elite have it. Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajamilla to name a few have second passports. They are not fools. A lot of those Nairaland diasporans have it and discourage people from getting it due to selfishness and hypocrisy.

But in the same post, you gave examples of several people with visas that were cancelled and those who were denied. In other words, you simply inferred that people like Bukola Saraki, Ben Murray Bruce, Ahmed Lawan, Femi Gbajabiamila can still have their visas cancelled or denied at any time. So, what is the point?

3 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by akpunda86: 3:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
shegzhkn:

Funny joke @ bolded.

With your so called wealth and power you are one medical emergency away from the morgue, did you know that ?

Yes but Ur a lazy youth u lack direction I'm comfortable

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by 00FFT00(m): 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:

Me sef get 3 passports, 2 of which belong to the most important countries of the world, can travel to all the important countries of the world without visa. That's why I pity some Idi0ts here who are supporting the perpetuation of their slavery for the pittance they get remunerated. But we must continue.

Our only gain is to see this country get back to the winning path so that we all can be proud to be called Nigerians again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by maasoap(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
It's definitely a cultural problem. People have been wired since childhood to reason in a particular manner. The shocker is that even Nigerians in diaspora have this same mindset. A lot of them desire to move back to Nigeria not necessarily to change it but to be part of the ruling oppressive class. Living in the west doesn't enable them to flex and oppress others because the system is highly regulated. They complain about being oppressed by the white man but want to come back to Nigeria to oppress their fellow black brothers cheesy. Norwegians don't need a U.S. passport. Their passport is even stronger than the American passport and they have everything they need as you mentioned. Saudi Arabia is just packaging. Most of the wealth corner by the House of Saud.

You are wrong! Many desire to move back because they believe that nothing like home

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by maasoap(m): 4:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
00FFT00:

Me sef get 3 passports, 2 of which belong to the most important countries of the world, can travel to all the important countries of the world without visa. That's why I pity some Idi0ts here who are supporting the perpetuation of their slavery for the pittance they get remunerated. But we must continue.

Our only gain is to see this country get back to the winning path so that we all can be proud to be called Nigerians again.

Most important countries of the world grin grin grin
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by AndyCole16(m): 4:04pm On Dec 23, 2022
shegzhkn:

Funny joke @ bolded.

I will advise you to quit mentioning that guy. We know people like that, once they have little change every other person are lazy. Coming online to brag their suppose millions that existed only in their dream.

The person that said Nigeria is all in all......

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Sukkyy2010: 4:05pm On Dec 23, 2022
SocialJustice:
Peter Obi is coming. All of the wrongs will be corrected. Our diplomacy is just very poor, that's all. Nigerians are not the most unruly people on earth.
I hate the over confidence that the vast majority of PO supporter always exhibit in every occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by 00FFT00(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2022
maasoap:

Most important countries of the world grin grin grin

You get? wink
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by etrange: 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
There's financial freedom, and then there is freedom of movement. Both are very important. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Brownshoe: 4:15pm On Dec 23, 2022
Brendaniel:
Thanks to PDP and APC that have made the country a laughing stock in the international community...

Vote Peter Obi to start the true CHANGE Nigeria needs - not the negative change APC brought
true change! You are dreaming on monkey mountain.

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by sucess001(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:

It's only passport to heaven I want.

To be ready for rapture

4 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Karlifate: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
gforce5:
It's definitely a cultural problem. People have been wired since childhood to reason in a particular manner. The shocker is that even Nigerians in diaspora have this same mindset. A lot of them desire to move back to Nigeria not necessarily to change it but to be part of the ruling oppressive class. Living in the west doesn't enable them to flex and oppress others because the system is highly regulated. They complain about being oppressed by the white man but want to come back to Nigeria to oppress their fellow black brothers cheesy. Norwegians don't need a U.S. passport. Their passport is even stronger than the American passport and they have everything they need as you mentioned. Saudi Arabia is just packaging. Most of the wealth corner by the House of Saud.

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Brownshoe: 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Father4all:
The person that wrote this wrote rubbish
Explain in not more than 150 words,Good punctuation carry 41mark.

The paper is 20min, you can start now.
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by jibnet1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Omo money wey I keep for traveling flexing sportybet aviator don collect every.. my eye don clear by force
Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by Brownshoe: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
Sukkyy2010:

I hate the over confidence that the vast majority of PO supporter always exhibit in every occasion.
na nonsense the man go still do if elected, Blackman can't get it right, not in this world again.

1 Like

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by frugal(m): 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
If you have money you will have travel options.

6 Likes

Re: Having Money Without Travel Options Is Pointless. by mployer(m): 4:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
etrange:
There's financial freedom, and then there is freedom of movement. Both are very important. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You can't have freedom of movement if you don't have financial freedom.

Traveling is expensive. If you don't have money, your passports will rot in your wardrobe.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Mt. Sumeru Volcanic Eruption That Killed 14 In Indonesia(Photos) / Mob Wakes Man Up After Beating Him To Stupor For Causing Accident In Delta / Onyeama: We Don’t Have Resources To Bring Back All Nigerians Seeking To Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.