Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics (23619 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Dbanj Oliver Twist Official Video HD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
I think the song is whack but that is just my opinion. D'banj is a good guy but I'm afraid for him. He needs Nigerians' prayers, Seriously.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by nigboy(m): 11:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
He is just expressing his feelings
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by switch47(m): 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
ksam:

Wat about mercy johnson ikebe,by ducan mighty.was it banned too.
  Good point.  It is like the NBC only gets to notice bad lyrics in hit songs

http://www.naijahood.com/2011/09/nigerian-broadcasting-corporation-nbc.html        here you will find the lyrics both in writing and in sound   plus Don jazzy's swift response !!
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by geogeo01: 11:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
Well d crazything about d whole show is dat technology has already crippled NBC. I don't knw how many people will waiting to hear that song on radio cos most of us have already downloaded it and its spreading like wild fire. So no big deal, he wld still do his shows abroad with d same song and mk his bucks.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by amblors(m): 11:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
i dont think Tech has crippled them. they don't just want it to be played on radio or TV, it could be sold/downloaded but not broadcasted via the publi media.
Most Nigerians def don't have it, may have heard it yet, but would miss hearing it on radio.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by switch47(m): 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
switch47:

Good point.  It is like the NBC only gets to notice bad lyrics in hit songs

D'banj Oliver twist , Mo' hits Records, Don jazzy, Nigerian celebrities news       here you will find the lyrics both in writing and in sound   plus Don jazzy's swift response !!

The truth is that the person that banned this song will hear this song till he is sick of it. He will hear it at almost every party he goes to. He will hear it from the cars that will drive pass him. He will hum the melody even in his sleep. He’ll probably record his own version of the Oliver video sef - Don jazzy

grin
CLASSIC!!
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Josh316(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
people should first listen to the song before jumping to useless criticisms, he mentioned NICKI, not Omotola's nyash. he said and i quote; I LIKE NICKI, HER N.YASH IS BIGGER, I LIKE OMOTOLA, COS PEOPLE LIKE HER,

NBC is just a busy-body agency. what would they do if they heard Lil wayne's Lyrics or worse lyrics with SEXPLICIT content? Nonsense,
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Princek12(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2011
I don't even think that Oliver Twist song is that explicit. And even if NBC had a problem with the word nyansh or some explicit content, it could have easily asked D'Banj to make a radio-friendly version or remove the explicit part of the song. To ban the entire song is unwarranted and unnecessary.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by gee2(m): 3:12am On Sep 02, 2011
whether he refered to nicki minaj's butt or omotola's, rubbish is simply rubbish, no xcuse
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by amblors(m): 3:24am On Sep 02, 2011
na thia way.
there should be songs that get airplay that have worse lyrics.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by 9ja4eva: 6:07am On Sep 02, 2011
Abeg make una no curse me ooo, i dey try promote my cousin

[flash=480,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHOUIOxBQFk[/flash]
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by aieromon(m): 6:19am On Sep 02, 2011
D'banj is still smiling to the bank.Ask MTN!!!
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by itiswell1(m): 7:30am On Sep 02, 2011
Wickedness
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 02, 2011
Now the NBC are thinking Like the NL's MODS! angry angry
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Oyinprince(m): 10:36am On Sep 02, 2011
Wow, Dats Great, that Guy has been teaching young ones nonsense, i heard the song from my younger brother's (the one in my prof pic)friend, imagine , teenagers like dat already singing, "so and so" her yansh is bigger
that guy -D'banj doesn't know wat to sing anymore and he's just corrupting the next generation
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Jimbaz7(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2011
They'll only enD up helping him to sell as more people will be moveD to buy the album anD play it at home
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by DeepSoul(f): 1:35pm On Sep 02, 2011

Very silly song. Makes no sense. Good move by the NBC!

And yes what about the song by Duncan Mighty "Mercy Johnson nearly touch my rod". Very offensive

Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by whosefault(f): 3:00pm On Sep 02, 2011
sorry to say this, the band only made the song very popular, i never heard about it until i login to NL. visit youtube and see for yourself
just type Dbanj oliver twist
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by whosefault(f): 3:02pm On Sep 02, 2011
Am not saying the band is not right, it a good step toward censoring. These artists should know that they are role models and should live life worth emulating.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by amblors(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2011
whosefault:

sorry to say this, the band only made the song very popular, i never heard about it until i login to NL. visit youtube and see for yourself
just type Dbanj oliver twist

lol, the song was very popular before the ban.
what do you mean by visit youtube and see for you? the song is very very very very popular.

whosefault:

Am not saying the band is not right, it a good step toward censoring. These artists should know that they are role models and should live life worth emulating.

the ban is for the song. not the artiste.
everyone has a right to live the way they want, NBC can't prevent that,
they have a right to control whats played on radio though.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by donclemo(m): 3:15pm On Sep 02, 2011
The radio is a public media and different age groups listen to the radio. In other countries artist have xplicit version of their song and radio edit . If Dbanj was smart he should have made a radio edit. listen to any song on the radio in Us i promise u , u would not hear words like ass, Bleep, nigga, shit, etc , The Nbc is right imagine your 3 yr old daughter asking u what is yash and she wants her yash to be bigger .
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by chonkis(m): 3:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]sTORY sTORY ! I DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHY THE SONG IN FIRST PLACE SHOULD BE BANNED.

SOME OF YOU ALSO MISQUOTING THE LYRICS SHOULD HAVE A KIN EAR TO IT.

ANOTHER POINT IS, WHO IS OMOTOLA?? MY NEIGHNOURS DAUGHTER IS CALLED OMOTOLA, I GUESS D'BANJ WAS REFFERING TO HER, SO WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL

COMMON, THINK AGAIN AND RECONSIDER, NBC

PEOPLE WILL EVEN LISTEN MORE TO THE SONG NOW THAN BEFORE,

JUST GO TO YOUTUBE AND SEARCH FOR OLIVER TWIST, YOU WILL PIC YOUR SHOCK FOR THAT DAY, smiley wink cheesy smiley
[/font]
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by JCAuto: 3:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
donclemo (m)
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics
« #84 on: Today at 03:15:39 PM »
The radio is a public media and different age groups listen to the radio. In other countries artist have xplicit version of their song and radio edit . If Dbanj was smart he should have made a radio edit. listen to any song on the radio in Us i promise u , u would not hear words like Bottom, bleep, nigga, poo, etc , The Nbc is right imagine your 3 yr old daughter asking u what is yash and she wants her yash to be bigger ./quote]
You saiD my minD. From the comments I reaD from people here, you can see it clearly that most Nigerians have murDereD moral anD burieD. But I'm happy there's someone that can reaD between the lines
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Gbenge77(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
Kudos to the NBC.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Kcseeyou: 12:11am On Sep 03, 2011
@pinkrex u r a hungry fool ,even if she sues him he will pay double n jara angry
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Kcseeyou: 12:17am On Sep 03, 2011
@9ja4eva Eeyaa ur cousin no get d bom bom na, lwmkd but she can dance sha grin
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Honestly Mo'Hit doesnt have anything to offer again.i sensed it with scapegoat and endowed.its a matter of time,he will soon go to history.and some dumbazz are feeling it. O ma se ooo
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by amblors(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2011
TRADEMARK:

Honestly Mo'Hit doesnt have anything to offer again.i sensed it with scapegoat and endowed.its a matter of time,he will soon go to history.and some dumbazz are feeling it. O ma se ooo

Wande is their most gifted artiste n he is really good.
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Nobody: 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
Na waoooooo!!! whats the big deal about this song?am sure you have listened to something worse, nd "NBC peeps" wouldnt lie they havent listened to anything worse, do they knw or understands the lyrics of Awilo logomba, y dem no ban am , well me i didnt see anything wrong with this "OLIVER TWIST O". and i over heard some peeps saying they are gay whats gay bout that song?
smh
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by mandilala: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2012
ok 9ja people are just over reacting... Infact in the song he said 'I like omotola coz people like her' he didn't talk about her ass or whatever. He talked about Nicki's ass... I'm not even nigerian but I understood exactly what he was talking about!! just support him, he's putting your country on top after all and ofcours letting africa be recognised for its massive talent. So show the dude some love
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 18, 2013
ayusaddy: @razznaija

"I like Omotola, her y*nsh is bigger" shocked angry

This is so so so wrong

I like Omotola cos pple like her

Sund more like "I like Inichie, her y*nsh is bigger"

Pls, due diligence before post thanks!!! One love
.it is i like nicki(nicki minaj),ha yansh z bigger
Re: NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics by solodox(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2015
Skanas:
Lmao---sha it'll stil remain a club banga!

Did that delete it from my phone?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Finally It Is Here! Andy Blaze - Wida Na (music By A Nairalander) Download!!! / Why Nigerian Music Videos Cost So Much / The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.