Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 (2647 Views)

TECNO CAMON 20 Series To Roll Out Android 14 Beta / Whatsapp To Roll Out 3 New Layers Of Security To Wrap Up Messages In New Feature / Elon Musk’s Starlink To Compete Against MTN, Glo In Nigeria By 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Parachoko: 8:59pm On Dec 21, 2022
The Federal Government said that Elon Musk’s satellite company, Space X, will be rolling out Starlink Internet Service before the end of this year. This is even as the Nigerian government entered into a partnership with Space X for the delivery of broadband service across Nigeria.

The Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami, disclosed this at the US-Space Forum held alongside the just concluded US-Africa Leaders’ Summit in Washington.

Going by the Minister’s declaration, Starlink’s rollout will be coming seven months after the company was issued Internet Service Provider (ISP) licence by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC).

Administrative delay: Recall that Space X had promised to roll out its satellite broadband service in Q3 2022 to cover all of Nigeria but shifted it to Q4, citing regulatory issues. Pantami confirmed this by saying:

“The nationwide rollout shall take place before the end of 2022, after the conclusion of a few administrative processes.”
Partnership with Space X: Announcing the partnership with Space X, Pantami said the Nigerian government has approved the company’s application as a High Throughput Satellite (HTS) Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) Operator in the Nigerian Telecommunications Sector. He said: “As part of the partnership, Space X is to provide broadband access across the whole of Nigeria, enabling nationwide access to broadband connectivity way ahead of the December 2025 schedule, as outlined in our National Broadband Plan. With this collaboration with SpaceX’s Starlink, Nigeria is set to be the 1st African country to introduce the service.”
Artemis Accords signed: Meanwhile, the Minister at the US-Africa Leaders’ Forum on behalf of Nigeria signed Artemis Accords to signal Nigeria’s participation in the next phase of space exploration to be coordinated by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Nigeria and Rwanda were the first two African countries to sign the Accord and the 22nd and 23rd in the world.

Commenting on the Accords signing, NASA Administrator, Bill Nelson, said: Nairametrics
says Starlink to roll out service in Nigeria before end of 2022

https://nairametrics.com/2022/12/19/fg-says-starlink-to-roll-out-service-in-nigeria-before-end-of-2022/

3 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by money121(m): 9:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
We are waiting

GLO don almost cut my Neck grin
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by jetwonder(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
grin
We need 6G Network
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Parachoko: 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
I no even hear anything from Google,even though dem also talk say dem go start operation this month.

I hope this Starlink kit no go dey too expensive.
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by osuolale95(m): 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
People are already using it ... I came across a thread here on nairaland where the guy explain full details of how the network is and how much it cost him to get it running...

3 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by RomeoMarvis(m): 10:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
osuolale95:
People are already using it ... I came across a thread here on nairaland where the guy explain full details of how the network is and how much it cost him to get it running...
I was about to comment this. I believe I came across it yesterday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by foxxydude: 11:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Parachoko:
I no even hear anything from Google,even though dem also talk say dem go start operation this month.

I hope this Starlink kit no go dey too expensive.

$600 starter pack grin
$43/mo

3 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by yinkeys(m): 12:28am On Dec 22, 2022
osuolale95:
Expensive
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 22, 2022
unless you are a video game streamer or a reality tv host, i wont recommend you use this network due to the expensive tariff plan,you would need to be making nothing less than 3k dollars a month at least to be comfortable with this plan.overseas yacht services pay upto 5k$ per subscription.lets just hope the data plan would be Nigerian wordy it really hard to say right now, some people maybe roaming on the network based on international standards and had to pay at international rates.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Ournolly: 5:50am On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
unless you are a video game streamer or a reality tv host, i wont recommend you use this network due to the expensive tariff plan,you would need to be making nothing less than 3k dollars a month at least to be comfortable with this plan.overseas yacht services pay upto 5k$ per subscription.lets just hope the data plan would be Nigerian wordy it really hard to say right now, some people maybe roaming on the network based on international standards and had to pay at international rates.
It's $43/month for unlimited internet with over 100Mbps, how is that too expensive?
This is not even mentioning that the Internet services can be shared with others to reduce cost.

No Nigerian network will give you such services without paying like twice the amount.

8 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 5:56am On Dec 22, 2022
Ournolly:

It's $43/month for unlimited internet with over 100Mbps, how is that too expensive?
This is not even mentioning that the Internet services can be shared with others to reduce cost.

No Nigerian network will give you such services without paying like twice the amount.
dude whats your argument? i dont understand? if you can afford 43$ a month how much is that in naira? we talking about Nigeria,all i did was say only people who can afford to do it should go for it,so whats the problem with you?you just like trolling or what?

4 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by falcon01: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2022
When I heard starlink is coming to Nigeria I was happy at first, but I don see enough shege that I can't afford it again grin

1 Like

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by osuolale95(m): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2022
Ournolly:

I want to agree with you, 40k for unlimited data plan is cool

4 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Ournolly: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
dude whats your argument? i dont understand? if you can afford 43$ a month how much is that in naira? we talking about Nigeria,all i did was say only people who can afford to do it should go for it,so whats the problem with you?you just like trolling or what?
I believe you are the one with problem here, a massive one at that. If you can't remember what you said just a few hours ago at your young age you should worry a lot for yourself.

You said you won't recommend it as it is very expensive and I asked how is it expensive in comparison with any network in Nigeria. According to you one needs to be earning at least $3k/ month bla bla bla. I honestly do not understand your senseless ranting here. My problem? Trolling? You need your sleep pills or what?

Normally, StarLink costs $100/month, $43/month for unlimited data is very much OK even for Nigerians.

Nobody is forcing the network on anyone, if it's too expensive for anyone get your glo, mtn etc and flow with them.

The monthly subscription of less than 35k for unlimited data of over 100Mbps in a very stable network is very very good. My only complaint here is the price of their equipment and the dollar issues with Nigeria today.

7 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Parachoko: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2022
money121:
We are waiting

GLO don almost cut my Neck grin

falcon01:
When I heard starlink is coming to Nigeria I was happy at first, but I don see enough shege that I can't afford it again grin

Lol
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Parachoko: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2022
Ournolly:

I believe you are the one with problem here, a massive one at that. If you can't remember what you said just a few hours ago at your young age you should worry a lot for yourself.

You said you won't recommend it as it is very expensive and I asked how is it expensive in comparison with any network in Nigeria. According to you one needs to be earning at least $3k/ month bla bla bla. I honestly do not understand your senseless ranting here. My problem? Trolling? You need your sleep pills or what?

Normally, StarLink costs $100/month, $43/month for unlimited data is very much OK even for Nigerians.

Nobody is forcing the network on anyone, if it's too expensive for anyone get your glo, mtn etc and flow with them.

The monthly subscription of less than 35k for unlimited data of over 100Mbps in a very stable network is very very good. My only complaint here is the price of their equipment and the dollar issues with Nigeria today.
The funny thing is that, their are lots of Nigerians spending more than $43 on Limited Data Subscription.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2022
Ournolly:

such a diminutive as yourself, trying to unleash you hereditary cracks on me for nothing,whats your business with what i said in the first place?such a gaya$$ b!tch.get da fuk outa here!!! homo! i said what i said you can suck on that if you want pun!k,was even trying to be polite with you.you couldn't convey your message without mentioning me ? what have i got to do with you? do yo pay my bills? go pry your sorryass somewhere and stay away from me.who made you a judge over my personal opinion?
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Ournolly: 8:54am On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
such a diminutive as yourself, trying to unleash you hereditary cracks on me for nothing,whats your business with what i said in the first place?such a gaya$$ b!tch.get da fuk outa here!!! homo! i said what i said you can suck on that if you want pun!k,was even trying to be polite with you.you couldn't convey your message without mentioning me ? what have i got to do with you? do yo pay my bills? go pry your sorryass somewhere and stay away from me.who made you a judge over my personal opinion?
Your frustration is all over your posts.
I am not the reason you are frustarted and miserable, such a loser experiencing mid life crisis.
Get hold of yourself before you turn to a total public nuisance.

Message board works by messaging and quoting messages, if you don't want to be quoted don't message publicly.
I guess someone of low intellect and questionable home training like you will find it strange.

$43/month for unlimited internet of well above 100mbps is a great service.
No complaint about it and I dare anyone to show me similar service(s) of such price that is stable in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Ournolly: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2022
Parachoko:
The funny thing is that, their are lots of Nigerians spending more than $43 on Limited Data Subscription.
Look no further, here I am.
I normally subscribe MTN or AIRTEL router plan - 20k per month.
Konnect VSAT network - 17k per month.
The above still not ok for my household, I sometimes have to do without watching some contents in my IPTV subscription.
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by joinerspurious: 9:38am On Dec 22, 2022
tunnel rush
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by rumenase(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:

Bro MTN 40GB will take me max 3weeks for 10k, if I can get unlimited uninterrupted network for $43 per month I’ll do it.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Jimmythewise: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
If it is truly unlimited, Nigerians can maximize it by using one wifi for a whole community

1 Like

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Bimffo(m): 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2022
Good deal. I cannot wait.
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2022
Jimmythewise:
If it is truly unlimited, Nigerians can maximize it by using one wifi for a whole community
why are you mentioning me?
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Jimmythewise: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
why are you mentioning me?
Apologies. My point is a solution to the problem you brought up.
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
rumenase:

Bro MTN 40GB will take me max 3weeks for 10k, if I can get unlimited uninterrupted network for $43 per month I’ll do it.
stop mentioning me,i didn't quote or mention anyone when i post my opinion so dont mention me,i was not requesting for advice either unless you guys are looking for something different,if that would work for you fuking do it,you dont represent the average Nigerian who earns 30k per month and still need internet,my post was for those people,if you are beyond that class why bother?
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
Jimmythewise:
Apologies. My point is a solution to the problem you brought up.
there was no problem,you created your own problem,i stated clearly that its not for average people,43$ is lik 22k in naira,some nysc corps earn about 30 every month,the minimum wage is 30k in Nigeria,if you live on your own and earn 30k every month you cant afford it,if you can afford it or can afford to do it for people then the post is not for you simple.as i said there was no problem with the post in the first place, abroad they pay upto 110$-500$ per month for starlink sub depending on what plan ,if they decide to make it so here how many people do you think can afford it?thats my point as simple as it is.
Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by drizzle0007(m): 4:04pm On Dec 22, 2022
omale88:
there was no problem,you created your own problem,i stated clearly that its not for average people,43$ is lik 22k in naira,some nysc corps earn about 30 every month,the minimum wage is 30k in Nigeria,if you live on your own and earn 30k every month you cant afford it,if you can afford it or can afford to do it for people then the post is not for you simple.as i said there was no problem with the post in the first place, abroad they pay upto 110$-500$ per month for starlink sub depending on what plan ,if they decide to make it so here how many people do you think can afford it?thats my point as simple as it is.

You seem disturbed or ill-mannered.

1 Like

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by ruem: 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2022
Inec can utilize this in remote area, so network and transmission of results would be seamless to the server

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Says Starlink To Roll Out Service In Nigeria Before End Of 2022 by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2022
drizzle0007:

You seem disturbed or ill-mannered.
i consider you boorish as well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are Ur View Wit Diz New Opera Beta 2 / MTN What Kind Of New Year Present Is This? / Tables Turn – JUMIA Deserves Some Accolades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.