Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money (1417 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) / Please Help My Bank Debited My Account Without Paying Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by alwayshapi22(f): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2022
I made a deposit to opay yesterday like I have always done, immediately, I received debit alert, but opay app said, failed and nothing was credited to me.

I immediately contacted opay customer care and was told that the transaction was a failed transaction that i should contact my bank for a refund.

I contacted first Bank and even went to the bank, they said I should wait until 24hrs, the money will be reverted back. It's over 30hrs now and I haven't seen anything.

I have called back and now they are saying it will take another 3 working days for it will be worked on.

Now I am really worried, this is my last money and I wanted to use during this Christmas season for food and other neccesities. Now I am stranded.

I have complained to people and 2 different people said first Bank never refunded them when they faced similar situation uptill 2day, one 30k the other 15k, they kept turning them until they got feed up.

Please anyone here with similar situation? Pls Were you refunded? How long did it take? What process did you follow that got your money back?

Now I am finacially stranded Thanks to first Bank. How do I survive these coming days if I don't get refunded.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction on what further steps to take. Thanks

Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nlanalyst: 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2022
It happened to me one time, although mine was a transfer. I transferred 70k to someone's account not knowing the person uses a student's account with 50k maximum transaction. The money wasn't reversed nor was the other guy credited. I called them, they said 24 hours. 24 hours elapsed and nothing happened. I called them again and they said within 7 working days. By the 5th day, I got my money back.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by alwayshapi22(f): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2022
Nlanalyst:
It happened to me one time, although mine was a transfer. I transferred 70k to someone's account not knowing the person uses a student's account with 50k maximum transaction. The money wasn't reversed nor was the other guy credited. I called them, they said 24 hours. 24 hours elapsed and nothing happened. I called them again and they said within 7 working days. By the 5th day, I got my money back.

Thanks for this imput. I spoke to someone this morning who has not yet received 15k for over 2months now
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2022
Your money is hanging in their server.One of the tech staff and the bank manager will share the money if you got fed up and move on.But if you create a scene at the banking hall,they will go to their server and refresh it.You may get your money back.
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by alwayshapi22(f): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2022
Revolution2022:
Your money is hanging in their server.One of the tech staff and the bank manager will share the money if you got fed up and move on.But if you create a scene at the banking hall,they will go to their server and refresh it.You may get your money back.

Lol, now this is hilarious.

Mynd44
nlfpmod
If we can get more views from people's experiences

1 Like

Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nlanalyst: 6:21pm On Dec 22, 2022
Revolution2022:
I swear creating scenes works a lot.
I withdrew 10k at my bank's ATM, I got debited but wasn't paid. I waited for the usual 24 hours hoping for reversal. Like play like play, 2 months passed by without my money.
Months later, the same thing repeated itself, still the same 10K. I swear I went to the bank to show them unfiltered craze. The money was reversed right after the drama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by alwayshapi22(f): 6:39pm On Dec 22, 2022
Nlanalyst:

I withdrew 10k at my bank's ATM, I got debited but wasn't paid. I waited for the usual 24 hours hoping for reversal. Like play like play, 2 months passed by without my money.
Months later, the same thing repeated itself, still the same 10K. I swear I went to the bank to show them unfiltered craze. The money was reversed right after the drama.

Why are banks deliberately been wicked? What they can easily do there and then, they will tell you to go and wait for days and won't do anything about it. This is wickedness
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2022
Nlanalyst:

You see what I am saying.They have a way of creating glitches in their server so that customers transactions will hang.If you go to them with calmness they will be giving excuses.Once you give up,they will chop your money.Show agbero attitude,manager go quickly solve your problem to avoid query from head office and CBN
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2022
alwayshapi22:

Lol, now this is hilarious.

Mynd44
nlfpmod
If we can get more views from people's experiences
When you send an email or text message.If the email or text did not get to the receiver,the email will not show delivery.As for the text message,it will display'NOT SENT'.It is the same with banks server.The bank tech staff knows where every fail transaction hangs.It is either he resend it cancel the transaction.Dont think banks doesn't have database.Why do you think EFCC or CBN have every profile of customers transactions?
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2022
alwayshapi22:

Why are banks deliberately been wicked? What they can easily do there and then, they will tell you to go and wait for days and won't do anything about it. This is wickedness
The customer care service is not the table to always lay a complain.They will send your complain form to a department who will instruct the tech staff in charge of the server to look into your case.Most times there is a connivance between the manager and the tech staff without the knowledge of the customer care.That is why when you raise your voice,the manager will quickly come to your aid.Just do as I say and come back to testify.
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by correctyourself(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
alwayshapi22:
I made a deposit to opay yesterday like I have always done, immediately, I received debit alert, but opay app said, failed and nothing was credited to me.

I immediately contacted opay customer care and was told that the transaction was a failed transaction that i should contact my bank for a refund.

I contacted first Bank and even went to the bank, they said I should wait until 24hrs, the money will be reverted back. It's over 30hrs now and I haven't seen anything.

I have called back and now they are saying it will take another 3 working days for it will be worked on.

Now I am really worried, this is my last money and I wanted to use during this Christmas season for food and other neccesities. Now I am stranded.

I have complained to people and 2 different people said first Bank never refunded them when they faced similar situation uptill 2day, one 30k the other 15k, they kept turning them until they got feed up.

Please anyone here with similar situation? Pls Were you refunded? How long did it take? What process did you follow that got your money back?

Now I am finacially stranded Thanks to first Bank. How do I survive these coming days if I don't get refunded.

Please, can someone point me in the right direction on what further steps to take. Thanks

Send email to their customer care and explain everything including your account, so that you pursue it from all channel.
Re: First Bank Debited My Card But I Did Not Receive The Money by alwayshapi22(f): 7:41am On Dec 23, 2022
Revolution2022:
The customer care service is not the table to always lay a complain.They will send your complain form to a department who will instruct the tech staff in charge of the server to look into your case.Most times there is a connivance between the manager and the tech staff without the knowledge of the customer care.That is why when you raise your voice,the manager will quickly come to your aid.Just do as I say and come back to testify.

And can be corrected from any first Bank branch?

(1) (Reply)

Help What Can I Do With This Vehicle / Buy What You Want In The US And Ship To Naija. US-based And Paypal Verified / Face Of Pan Africa Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.